• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve is going to do bi-weekly patches for Dota2 for about 6 months

Blam

Why not just do this forever? Like I mean it's nice it's for a 6 month period but wouldn't it be better if that's what they did for both CS:GO TF2 and DOTA2?

Skelter

Banned
Why not just do this forever? Like I mean it's nice it's for a 6 month period but wouldn't it be better if that's what they did for both CS:GO TF2 and DOTA2?

I assume to see how it affects the playerbase. More patches, more changing of the meta might hurt or help the numbers.

Azathoth

Neo Member
I feel like every two weeks is too unstable for a competitive game but we'll see how it goes. Still trust the frog.

It's how they do on CSGO. It works, kinda of.
CSGO is a much, much simpler game.

I don't play Dota 2 so my opinion has no real value here, but two weeks does seem awfully fast for any real changes to take root and seriously affect any sort of meta. I suppose if the patches are truly tiny enough it's not going to be a real problem, but I still don't see how you get reliable feedback with such frequent minor changes.

Top Bottom