• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire Survivors (Steam)- Possibly the Best $3 you could ever spend

Bwesh

I've had the game since Jan 11, and it's still in ea so there's always new things to try out.

AMA lol

Lc7tx6t.png
Sheesh you went in :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Its a super addictive game, I'd been playing it on the browser and getting addicted to it at work but I said what the hell and spent the 3 bucks with them to support lol. 113 hours though and ALL the achievements? You definitely kicked it's ass lol

Bwesh

Sheesh you went in :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Its a super addictive game, I'd been playing it on the browser and getting addicted to it at work but I said what the hell and spent the 3 bucks with them to support lol. 113 hours though and ALL the achievements? You definitely kicked it's ass lol
the achievements can be finished in about 8-10 hours. I'm doing some personal challenge like most gold, kills, no powerups.

Gp1

I did every achievement in 10-15 hours.

The new holy water upgrade is strong too, even though the combo item is not that useful.

I saw somewhere that it's possible to kill the 30 min death boss with laurel/chrono ice stick

Bwesh

I did every achievement in 10-15 hours.

The new holy water upgrade is strong too, even though the combo item is not that useful.

I saw somewhere that it's possible to kill the 30 min death boss with laurel/chrono ice stick
yeah, need to get bone dropped on a level up which is about 1:1300 chance for weapons. Candelabrador, laurel, spinach, tiragisu, runetracer, lancet, and a lot of luck.

Hinedorf

Banned
yeah, need to get bone dropped on a level up which is about 1:1300 chance for weapons. Candelabrador, laurel, spinach, tiragisu, runetracer, lancet, and a lot of luck.
HOLY CRAP IT'S POSSIBLE?! I've played 25 hours unlocked just about everything and can say aside from playing the skeleton character who defaults with bone have seen the bone popup exactly 1 time EVER

Going to explore this: Candelabrador, laurel, spinach, tiragisu, runetracer, lancet, and a lot of luck. Best guess is to go with the knife character with extra projectile

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Yeah youre way better than me, after the timer hits about 7 minutes im pretty much done lol
To be fair it gets exponentially easier once you start to work towards the meta upgrades such as more health, xp, damage, etc.

You can only really fail then if you have a bad luck of the draw in terms of weapons and stuff. I don't mind its more casual approach to the genre as I play way too many hardcore/difficult roguelikes anyway. This is the perfect podcast snack.

Bwesh

HOLY CRAP IT'S POSSIBLE?! I've played 25 hours unlocked just about everything and can say aside from playing the skeleton character who defaults with bone have seen the bone popup exactly 1 time EVER

Going to explore this: Candelabrador, laurel, spinach, tiragisu, runetracer, lancet, and a lot of luck. Best guess is to go with the knife character with extra projectile
you actually need Clerici for it. You need a big +area and reach 30 mins at level 2-3. Then get death stuck inside this pocket with runetracer and bone bouncing in place, cos every bounce makes their damage tick.

The reason you need to reach 30 mins when you have lower level is because death's HP is 655350 x player level when he spawns.

ahNTUEF.png

Last edited:

Gp1

Survived death for 1:45 min doing the library trick with bone, upgraded bible and wand, runetracer, laurel and crono. On the defensive slots: duplicator, candelabrum, tome, spell, tiramissu, xp.

After the first minute a second Death appeared :(

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I just tried out the newly evolve lighting ring and holy water. Along with the new character + cherry bomb, whip, bible, and fire wand.

That was my first time making it all the way to the 30 minute mark. By the last few minutes I was just sitting in one place and praying I wouldn’t have an epileptic seizure. Nothing could come close to me. Only time i
moved was to vacuum up the XP (which was easy with the attract orb which is required for holy water upgrade)

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It looks like Warriors series with pixel art graphics. What is it all about?
Castlevania-inspired roguelike where all you do is move your character (all attacks are automatic upon cooldown). Tons of castlevania style weapons that can be upgraded into a new form. A game lasts max 30 minutes, and you earn coins to unlock new characters and purchase permanent upgrades.

It’s very addictive and costs $3 on Steam. Definitely got my money’s worth from it, and this is coming from someone who never got into rogue likes much before

chixdiggit

I am a sucker for these type of games. I can zone out, listen to music/podcast, and collect gems for hours. $3 well spent.

• Empathy
Reactions: Gp1

Bwesh

Here's how to unlock Red Death if you're tired of failing from doing it legit. Needs latest version 0.2.13c

GymWolf

Gold Member
Just bought this thing and already sunk 3 hours on it...

The castlevania nostalgia punch is strong with this one, i would love to hack sotn ost into it.

Last edited:

reksveks

Upto 100 plus unlocks

Not a fan of the
cheat codes for some of the character unlocks

But really good for a quick gaming session

Bwesh

Super easy to hack ost into the game. just change the files in the
Code:
steamapps\common\Vampire Survivors\resources\app\.webpack\renderer\assets\sfx
Just bought this thing and already sunk 3 hours on it...

The castlevania nostalgia punch is strong with this one, i would love to hack sotn ost into it.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Super easy to hack ost into the game. just change the files in the
Code:
steamapps\common\Vampire Survivors\resources\app\.webpack\renderer\assets\sfx
I'm a super noob with this stuff, you have to walk me throught the process dude.

Thanks.

Bwesh

get your castlevania ost somewhere, encode them to ogg and rename into these bgm files in the folder I mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if these files are there if you got it through game pass.
I'm a super noob with this stuff, you have to walk me throught the process dude.

Thanks.

h9AAS5C.png

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
It's a good audio book / podcast listening compatible game, even ASMR compatible.

Edit: Why edit files, just turn off the game music and play them in the background.

Last edited:

Anchovie123

23 hours played, 95/120 achievements obtained. Debating if i want to continue or not as it would be super repetitive to finish it off.

nocsi

lol the way this game is coded is pretty hilarious. It’s basically all nodejs and the game renders particles as divs. It’s a web game. You can even modify different skill values, their damage size and rate. The developer got a lot of success out of what is basically a piece of crap game. But yea the source code is right there in the directory, so it can readily be modded or copied into another game if someone wanted

VN1X

Banned
23 hours played, 95/120 achievements obtained. Debating if i want to continue or not as it would be super repetitive to finish it off.
Yeah 30 hours in myself and wanted to quit after getting all the achievements but he keeps adding them lol. Still makes for the perfect podcast game though.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Made it to 28 minutes in the library with Garlic 8 and evolved Wand and Bible. Would have probably been better to go for Fire Brand, since at the end passives couldn't keep up.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Ok, last stage unlocked and I got the yellow sign. Can someone confirm that the most straightforward way to beat death is to go crimson shroud, infinite corridor and we should be good?

Top Bottom