• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vandal Hearts DS

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Just in case any one was wondering about the title (I'm dying for a strategy RPG for the DS), I emailed Konami support because they announced the game awhile back, and never mentioned it again. This was my email and their response:

Subject: Vandal Hearts DS?

Message: Is Vandal Hearts DS still in development for the Nintendo DS? I
know it was announced late last year, but there has been no word on it ever
since.

Thank you

Response:

Thank you for contacting Konami Support. This game was only announced for a
Japanese release.

Sincerely,

Konami Support

So I take that to mean the game is actually in development, and currently slated for a Japanelse-only release?
Well, thats good to hear. As long as they are making the damn thing; if they do, it should come out in the US.

Next, someone find out if Mistwalker is still making their DS strategy game, ha.

John Harker

Oh, the title of the thread.

Opps, my bad. Sorry, didn't realize I typed II.

My post was my actual email to them, so no one made any mention of II.
Could be a port or an original one, but forget the title of the thread.

Can someone edit out the II?

Edit: Thank you!

Soul4ger

If they do port the second one, I hope to God someone comes in and re-illustrates the character portraits. JESUS CHRIST, they're easily the worst ever.

Pellham

Banned
they better change the gameplay engine too. Hell, hopefully by now everyone who's worked on VH2 is long gone from Konami and they'll have some new team try and come up with something. They couldn't possibly fuck the series up as badly as VH2 did.

John Harker

Yea, I was dissapointed with VHII, but I didnt dislike it that much.

Still, a new entry would be great.

And Kartia too.

Pellham

Banned
I'll admit that I thought VH2's opening was pretty cool - what with the old men and women getting slaughtered mercilessly. But then we get into the actual game and the first lengthy scene where everyone are kids was quite simply the most boring cut-scene in video game history. But that wasn't anything compared to the godawful gameplay that followed it. I couldn't play any more after the first battle.

Koshiba

I hope they do release a US version for this, sounds like it'd be another reason for me to finally pick up a DS. The more interesting games released, the more I'll want to buy one. Lol.

Top Bottom