• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

We're not suspect hunting here. The equivalent to the Boston marathon bombing would be doubting that the bomb was malicious.

The fact that people say I'm asking questions or make it seem that I'm subtly advocating this is ridiculous though.

For me, I dont know who is in the car, or what his deal is. I'm not even defending the driver, just acknowledging the fact that sometimes, we do stupid shit because we are scared. That's all there is to it.

rjinaz

fucking hell lads, settle down. If he did mow the people down intentionally we all will find out.

And yeah, I've seen the videos.

You come in the thread with "eh" shrugging your shoulders and saying accidents happen after a car is caught on video obviously intending to mow people down and now you're telling people to clam down when they call you out for your shit?

Ok.

MCN

Banned
I'm saying people do stupid shit in panic. It happens.

I once accidentally hit a car. In panic I hit the gas pedal again and rammed the back. :|

Fuck off, you horrible cunt. If you defend this shit even a little tiny bit, you're as bad as the murderous bastard that did it. Get the fuck off my planet, you inhuman bastard.

Tregard

Soothsayer
The fact that people say I'm asking questions or make it seem that I'm subtly advocating this is ridiculous though.

For me, I dont know who is in the car, or what his deal is. I'm not even defending the driver, just acknowledging the fact that sometimes, we do stupid shit because we are scared. That's all there is to it.

This is undoubtedly not one of those times

Fuck off, you horrible cunt.

giphy.gif

Ok, regardless of if it was intentional or not, he hurt people. He incited a statement against equality. It looks very intentional.

Edit: he killed a person.
So he is a criminal. No two ways about it.

linkboy

That's true, we do.

This however, wasn't one of those times. It was done with intent to harm. Just because the scumbag is using the "I was scared" excuse, doesn't change the evidence.

Dynasty

Alright. Fuck it. Let's go with it. Scared and didn't mean too.

Then why did they take the fuck off and drive away, then abandon the car and run until the police caught them and not turn themselves in?

He thought he was black and thought the Police were going to shoot him if they caught him?

kmax

We have police officers and people in this very thread defending the absolute indefensible.

I weep for this world.

Mortemis

Banned

Sure it is. Suuuuuure.

Why do you care what his "deal" is? He rammed his car into a crowd fucking twice. Could've slowed down or stopped his car twice. Your hunting for a different narrative is fucking disgusting. Go fuck yourself.

I'm hearing "why don't we just talk to each other" already. Shit heard it here on sports frigging radio. "If we all just talked" nah I don't need to meet "I will exterminate your filthy race from the planet" in any kind of dialogue.

Fuck that. Fuck them. Fuck this.

Hope he burns.

MCN

Banned
He's not worth getting banned for. Don't do this.

If I get banned for calling him out on his shit, then I'll accept the ban and realise that GAF is more about appeasement and being nice to evil bastards than doing what is right.

The motherfucker was literally caught parked hiding behind shrubbery in a cul-de-sac like when I'm dropping off a girl that has parents that won't let her date me .

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
That photo tells the whole story. Thank goodness someone got it. Also crazy how it is nearly entirely white people marching down the street.

Charlottesville is almost 70% white.

My great aunt is literally on her death bed at a hospital at the university, and I have to wait until tomorrow to drive there due to a bunch of fucking nazis. I can't believe this shit.

Stop this b.s.

RS4-

And the day got worse still, my condolences to them and their loved ones. Does anyone know how quick emergency services were to get to the scene? Clutching at straws hoping no one else dies over this.

Fortunately, people were quick to help and some are trained or actual workers. I don't know about official EMS though

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
We have police officers and people in this very thread defending the absolute indefensible.

I weep for this world.

But these sort of motherfuckers have always been around. Always. It's just now it's too damn easy to read/hear their garbage.

Rellik

If I get banned for calling him out on his shit, then I'll accept the ban and realise that GAF is more about appeasement and being nice to evil bastards than doing what is right.

You only said what most of us was thinking anyway. Probably even the mods.

BriGuy

Come on guys, FlutterPuffs is just asking questions...

Let's not vilify the poster when we have plenty of literal neo-nazi scum (and a complicit president) to focus our hate on. I know it's hard to hear at a time like this, but "waiting for the facts" is not only a valid position, but the correct one. If we let ourselves be propelled by blind emotion, we'll eventually end up in an even worse place. Maybe our initial instincts are dead on here. I mean, I would take that bet. But we also lose nothing by waiting a little while to be certain.

Top Bottom