• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Verge: Kendrick Lamar and the Grammys’ hip-hop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what the real tragedy is?

The fact that 1989 won, yet the far superior E.MO.TION by Carly Rae wasn't even nominated! The Grammy Awards are a useless mess!

mSc8sd8.gif

Yea, this is what really got me. It's one of the best pop albums of the past few years and it wasn't even recognized.

I personally say it's Garden of Delete, but that's a whooole new wheelhouse.

Shit, you wanna give it to a singer songwriter? Joanna Newsom's Divers was out in 2015!

Being realistic? Yeah, Kendrick should have won.

Garden Of Delete wasn't nominated, but great album. For singer songwriters, I liked Julia Holter's and John Grant's albums more.

q_q

I don't get why anyone's even worked up about the Grammy's. For fuck's sake they gave best rock album to Muse's "Drones." It's pretty clear they're beyond a joke in every sense of the word. There are whole genres they skip and a bunch more they kind of half ass.
It's because a black person was up for an award and didnt win it. We have to yell and scream about how X is racist now.

Yeah well you have people on GAF who honestly believe 1989 is a more iconic album than TPAB. And you expect the grammys to take risks ?

lol.

Grammys have always been a popularity contest. At least we know that shitty Taylor Swift pop music will be forgotten in 10 years while Kendrick's album will be remembered for ages.

Is popularity not a consideration in awards? Like, how many people actually like it?

Well, its no surprise that a shitty Taylor Swift wins again,

when in doubt eh?

I don't like pop music at all, but I really dug every single I heard off that album (again I can't stand pop so I never heard the entire thing).

Calling her shitty is hyperbole to the nth degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom