• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Verge Rumor: Xbox 720 launch titles include Ryse, Forza, Zombie Game, & Family Game

jaypah

I'd be glad to pick up a Kinect game at launch, since we actually have fun with it, but I really hoped that Ryse had been configured into a more traditional game. Oh well, I guess I'll see what it looks like. Also, I wonder if that family island game is by Rare. I definitely need to know MS's steering wheel policy before I consider the Forza game. If my current wheel that works with my PC and PS3 also works with my PS4 I'll probably go Drive Club for my launch racing fix.

Socky

Kinect. Check.
Forza. Check.
Shooters. Check.
Family game. Check.
Zombies. Check.

Are you not entertained?

Bgamer90

Banned
I just want to play a game with my ass on a couch with a controller in my hand. Is that so hard to understand Mincrosoft?

I'm pretty sure that games will be optional when it comes to controls. Can't see a game being 100% "just for kinect"... especially one with a big budget.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I have a weird feeling that the 'zombie game' will turn out to be a port of Ubisoft's ZombieU game.

These are all their first/second party titles.

So presumably:
Ryse - Crytek
Forza - Turn10
Zombie Game - Remedy? Black Tusk?
Family Game - Rare

The zombie game sounds interesting, might be the horror game from Black Tusk. Nothing else sounds enticing for the launch lineup.

Didn't that recent Durango rumour suggest that Kinect 2.0 isn't a particularly integral part of MS plans in the immediate future? This rumour suggests otherwise, considering it looks like half of their internal launch lineup uses it...

Dragon

Banned
images

Derrick01

Banned
I hope Ryse is playable with a controller.

You don't start a new mega franchise only with Kinect:/

That description makes it sound like it was meant to be for kinect, so even if it did have a controller would it matter? If the game was designed for kinect in mind first it's not going to be a very deep game.

Takuya

Banned
Didn't that recent Durango rumour suggest that Kinect 2.0 isn't a particularly integral part of MS plans in the immediate future? This rumour suggests otherwise, considering it looks like half of their internal launch lineup uses it...

Here comes the spin! Right? :p

So right off the bat we have a Halo/Gears like game and a Forza. No thanks. Especially Forza.

Zombie game might be interesting. And family games are ok with me but I will wait and see.

Bgamer90

Banned
So have the New Super Mario bros. games, but that doesn't mean casuals are going to shell out hundreds of dollars to play samey sequels.

Haha, oh please.

Racing games actually do well during console launches since they are usually the main games that show off the graphics of the system.

On top of that, the new Forza for the Next Xbox should be a BIG leap over the entries on the 360 unlike New Super Mario Bros. U in comparison to the other games in the series.

1-D_FTW

No one is ever going to accuse me of being a MS lover, but that actually sounds like a launch line-up that's going to sell a lot of units.

JaggedSac

These are all their first/second party titles.

So presumably:
Ryse - Crytek
Forza - Turn10
Zombie Game - Remedy? Black Tusk?
Family Game - Rare

They have a lot of teams that could be developing the family game or the zombie game.

I would say Good Science is doing the family game.

Black Tusk could certainly be doing the zombie game, but it also might be Victoria. I wouldn't think Remedy would be doing it.

So have the New Super Mario bros. games, but that doesn't mean casuals are going to shell out hundreds of dollars to play samey sequels.

We're not forecasting here. This is an enthusiast forum and we're interested in playing quality games. Forza is one of those quality games and could be a system seller for a good many folks.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
So far sounds better than what was shown for PS4, although I'm sure there's stuff they didn't reveal.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Until they show new IP's then we are set up to continue with the same rinse wash repeat cycle as 360. The very same reason I've been turned off from Xbox for the last 3-4 years.

So far sounds better than what was shown for PS4, although I'm sure there's stuff they didn't reveal.

These 4 games are already better than what Sony has shows? I don't even think you have any grou.nd to stand on that.

I guess Family and Zombie game already have you tickled.

No one is ever going to accuse me of being a MS lover, but that actually sounds like a launch line-up that's going to sell a lot of units.

I actually agree. But this depends on the price. If they can match Sony they will have a monstrous holiday in the US. Now that we've gotten past the always online, no used, the biggest issue will be how much Kinect kacks up the price.

Isn't this stuff we basically knew already? Ryse was basically confirmed before, the PGR rumor is now being turned into a Forza rumor, but someone could have just said it was MS Exclusive racer and thought Forza. This zombie game is the Black Rock game and a new family game is whatever.

Top Bottom