• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vertical line on monitor

TitusTroy

don't know if this is the right place to post this since this is a hardware issue...I turned on my computer this morning and found this large static line down the center of my monitor (pics attached)...the weird thing is that it comes and goes and is not always on the screen...posting this now using my browser and the line is gone...the line comes and goes and there are long stretches where the monitor is fine...

does this mean my Monitor is dying or is it possibly a GPU issue?...or something else?...my monitor is an NEC 2490WUXi-BK...

TitusTroy

I don't have anything else to plug into it...don't have a console...the weird thing is that the line is not always there...for the last few hours the monitor is back to normal but I'm still worried it might come back...what could have caused this to happen?

Amey

It's one of those flat ribbon connectors inside the monitor

LCD Vertical Band

maxresdefault.jpg

I had similar prob last year and tried to fix it. But just couldn't get it done without proper tools and a microscope to align the connenctor. Had to scrap the unit.

TitusTroy

the issue is very weird in that it only shows up right after I power up the computer for the first time...it lasts about 10-15 minutes then disappears for the rest of the time until I shut it down and restart again

MultiCore

Could be bad cable, bad monitor, bad port on the monitor bad video card/port.

Try wiggling the cable, switching ports if it has multiple inputs, switching cables, switching from DVI to VGA if you can

That was a nice monitor in its day. Love 19x12 displays. It's lived a good life though, easily time to consider a replacement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom