• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Very Lttp: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

12462.gif

So I had the bluray of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest from Netflix for over 3 months. I simply never had the urge to watch it. Last night, I finally decided to give it a try while ironing my clothes.

Holy crap, why did I waited so long to watch this masterpeice?!

I think this is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Jack Nicholson gives a great performance. The whole cast of asylum inmates was spot on. When the asylum got crazy, you really felt the chaos and insanity. The villian was subtle and it works
the nurse comes off as just doing her job and wanting to help but soon you realize she's a manipulative control freak
. The movie is funny and tragic in it's theme of oppression.

On a related note, it could be a spoiler so...
I finally understood the joke of the chief finally talking and all the doctors rushing to him on The Simpson's episode with Michael Jackson as the guest voice :lol

one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest.jpg

Giard

Looooove this movie. Saw it for the first time in January I believe, and it has been one of my favorite movies of all-time ever since.

Scribble

I watched this straight after reading the book, and was slightly disappointed. But there are some brilliant scenes, such as when all the patients kick off in the meeting with Nurse Ratched.

And I think my favourite thing about the film is that they got Nurse Ratched Spot On.

k0rreo.jpg

Even Louise Fletcher's looks are accurate to the descriptions in the novel. She's described as having a doll-like face. They also captured the subtle deviousness of the character. You could easily be tricked into thinking that Ratched 'isn't THAT evil.'

Excellent!

AVclub

Fantastic film. Unexpected brilliance all around. Young Danny Devito and Christopher Lloyd are great. It's one of those movies I'm never really "in the mood" for, but every time I start watching it, I can't stop.

I hate this movie. Not because its a bad movie, its a nice feel good movie.

but more for the effect it has had on greedy politicians..

As horrible as these institutions where, they where alot better than the current alternative(the streets).

Tobor

Easily one of the greatest movies ever made. Anyone who has not seen this needs to watch it immediately.

AVclub said:
Fantastic film. Unexpected brilliance all around. Young Danny Devito and Christopher Lloyd are great. It's one of those movies I'm never really "in the mood" for, but every time I start watching it, I can't stop.

Don't forget young Brad Dourif, who is finally now getting the respect he deserves thanks to Deadwood.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
I recently watched this with my parents as well.

They've been trying to show it to me for a while now, and I always thought the title was stupid. I'm kicking myself now. I've avoided such a great movie for so many years!

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
One of my favourite books, and an amazing film. I was able to appreciate the film as something separated from the novel, instead of a straight adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom