• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGC: Immortals of Aveum is being sold for £1 in UK supermarket Asda (previously reduced to £5)

That’s according to several social media users who’ve noted that Asda stores with remaining stock of the EA shooter have reduced the game drastically in an apparent attempt to clear stock.

The game was previously reduced to £5 just before Christmas. The game is not available on Asda’s online store, so those looking to take advantage of the deal will have to visit a physical location.
eocuomxhyyic1.jpeg

Asda has a history of heavily reducing the price of games to sell stock quickly, as before Christmas 2023, several of the year’s larger titles were heavily discounted to make way for new stock.

The presence of physical media in Asda stores has also been gradually declining as the transition to digital media takes a firmer hold.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
damn that's harsh.
The game should've launched different time and for 40-50$.
It's a classic single player, very high quality production single player game... and a new ip at that.
Kinda like doom 2016 and mix of 360 game

Mr Hyde

For that price I'll take it. What a bargain. And what huge blow to the developers. Imagine seeing your hard work being discounted to one quid because no one will buy it. Feel a bit sorry for them. I don't believe Immortals of Aveum is so bad you practically have to give it away.

jufonuk

not tag worthy

Reminds me of city of brass/hexen type. Mixed with doom 2016 The only thing that puts me off it is the whole someone walking with their arms outstretched like that lol.

Otherwise had I had a PS5 I would pick this up £1 isn’t a bad shout. Could take a chance on that. Even if the game is half decent.

intbal

After suffering through Lichdom, I have no desire to ever play a "magic fps" ever again.
Sorry Immortals, Lichdom got there before you and completely destroyed the genre forever.

TVexperto

It's a alright doom clone in a fantasy setting. I just can't get past the art style. The real deal there is dead island 2 for 17.
dead island 2 is my goat last year, the setting, level design, and the gore system i have never seen such detailed enemies in a long time

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Reminds me of city of brass/hexen type. Mixed with doom 2016 The only thing that puts me off it is the whole someone walking with their arms outstretched like that lol.

Otherwise had I had a PS5 I would pick this up £1 isn’t a bad shout. Could take a chance on that. Even if the game is half decent.

it definitely got hexen doom 2016 vibes to it.
But I've still only played the demo! (despite getting ps5 disc day1 lol)

El Muerto

I bought it when it went on sale for $5 in the Xbox store a while back. Still havent played it. If i see an EA logo on a game then it's a low priority in my backlog.

Fbh

For that price I'll take it. What a bargain. And what huge blow to the developers. Imagine seeing your hard work being discounted to one quid because no one will buy it. Feel a bit sorry for them. I don't believe Immortals of Aveum is so bad you practically have to give it away.

yeah, the extreme flop of this game is kinda fascinating in a way, but it must suck for the people who made it.
From what I've seen and heard it sounds average but not terrible or broken or anything like that.
But this wasn't just your average flop or game that "underperformed", on Steam it has an all time player peak comparable to Gollum and it's way bellow games with worse reviews and almost no marketing like Atlas Fallen. Redfall had basically the entire internet shitting on it, reviewed worse AND was "free" on Gamepass and still had an 8 times bigger player peak on Steam.

There was something about this game that just REALLY didn't click with most people.

Roberts

Played it for 10-12 hour so far. It's OK - I think I would have been way more kind to it if it could maintain 60fps on XSX, despite shitty writing and other shortcomings.

KillaJamm

It's pretty average but definitely worth it at that price, I got it for 7.99 on xbox but it just never 'grabbed' me. Still play it an hour or two every other week slowly chipping away to complete it. Heads up though the performance is TERRIBLE, feels like it hovers in the high 40's and low 50's most of the time.

Stuart360

After suffering through Lichdom, I have no desire to ever play a "magic fps" ever again.
Sorry Immortals, Lichdom got there before you and completely destroyed the genre forever.
Then ironic thing is i actually thought Lichdom Battlemage was the better game, the PC version i'm talking about.

SHA

Yes, but think of all the ESG points Electronic Arts scored with this game.
I bought it actually, I'm used to fps games with bad dialogs, I can see arguments from both sides, if you are a fan of genre, you actually get used to it's downsides and focus on the things that keeps you going, reviews are subjective anyway, it's entirely written by reviewers feelings without constraints like a normal talk.

“$1 for a fun single-player game with no microtransitions is too much! Now, if you will excuse me, I need to get back to playing Diablo IV before the season ends.”

Top Bottom