• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Durango specs: x64 8-core CPU @1.6GHz, 8GB DDR3 + 32MB ESRAM, 50GB 6x BD...

nib95

Banned
So out of all the 'insiders' that have given us credible info there are none you trust?

You know you disregarded ERP's comments because he works for Sony...well yea uhm...Proelite and Karak also work for Microsoft, or use sources that do lol.

Just sayin...

Proxy

Proelite hasn't "changed" his tune. He clearly messes around from time to time, but he keeps being one of the more informed guys. This is backed up by mods.

There will always be doubters, and haters.

That simply isn't true.

Right he "messes around".

So out of all the 'insiders' that have given us credible info there are none you trust?

Proelite probably has actual sources. But I'm supposed to take everything he posts at face value?

- As for Karak he wouldn't know how powerful or not Sony's machine may be. He just has a friend that works for Microsoft.

Reiko

Banned
2005, ps3 was said to have double the flops of 360 but devs and other insiders said it was super efficient, but people on here said it sounded like crap and then started to call it xbox 1.5 after KenK made his comment.

That's why the last pages amazes me.

War never changes. Solid Snake was right.

Jadedx

Banned
You know you disregarded ERP's comments because he works for Sony...well yea uhm...Proelite and Karak also work for Microsoft, or use sources that do lol.

Just sayin...
How do you know that? Their sources could work for 3rd parties. They have not given out their sources, and they would be stupid if they did.

I "know" more than the devkits. I just don't understand what I know.

Right thanks. As I say; I mean no offence - just the conversation can go round in circles so am being quite picky. Still, your info is interesting - just people shouldn't be using it against other users or to claim we now know everything. :)

Respawn

Banned
I assume you mean they won't compress video to hell and back as they did on 360 as uncompressed video is huge. :)

I had forgoten all about that stupidity, three ethernet ports!

Stupid because you didn't understand it. Nothings done without a reason. You never had a mob equipped with two Ethernet ports?

i-Lo

There is still a rumour that PS4 may even go with DDR3 much like MS and the part about 2GB GDDR5 being transformed into 4GB GDDR5 has more credibility because that probable decision was not made in vacuum. 4 Gbit density chip's availability from Q1 2013 and the leaks about displeasure of many developers who knew MS was providing them with greater amount of ram, were the impetus behind this rumoured upgrade. It was reactionary tactic.

Still, we will be left in the dark without concrete evidence.

deanos

Banned
this shit needs to stop. the PS4 will be more powerful and thats it. boo fucking hoo.
no magic sauce, no wizard jizz, no gpu accelerators, stop spreading bullshit.

Wouldn't this be technically groundbreaking?

seo-secret-sauce.jpg

tzare

so, how does this durango design marry with BC? can we expect that form nextxbox?

btw, these 'secrect sauce' things, will obviously make both systems better. We have some idea about durango's, but we still don't know shit about what is on orbis that could, as well as durango data move thing, make the system a little more more powerful/efficient

Another issue for Durango is that the OS is not just going to sit on the RAM the whole time.
Especially if Kinect and recording is built to go in the background.

So again the waters of Durango are incredibly muddied. We know very little even now.

Spongebob

Banned
Wouldn't this be technically groundbreaking?

Look at it this way.

Let's say that in Sony's setup on average the 1.84TFLOPS GPU hits 75% of its peak FP throughput. That means that on average it has about 1.38TFLOPS of throughput.

Let's say that in MS's setup on average due to increased efficiencies its 1.29TFLOPS GPU hits 95% of its peak FP throughput. That means that on average it has about 1.23TFLOPS of throughput.

Obviously these are made up numbers, but I'm just trying to show that on paper FLOPS are only one part of the equation that needs to be taken into consideration.

The reality is that everyone who was leaked information to this board has been saying that the two consoles are close.

Indeed. Like, 4 or 5 different guys here on GAF, right? One that was even given "Accurate" as his tag. I think we should be a bit more open-minded to the possibility of them being close, at least until we find out more about all the customisations and "special/secret sauces" (urgh) going into these things.

OverHeat

« generous god »
this shit needs to stop. the PS4 will be more powerful and thats it. boo fucking hoo.
I got no problem with this but until I see the games I'm not putting much in those leak spec

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

Just sayin...

At least ERP knows something about programming, the people that hang out here are just regurgitating technobabble they don't understand.

My rule is if they post here, they know little. Anyone in the know would not nonchalantly post info in public forums. The real insiders are reading these posts and laughing. This forum is just for thinly veiled console wars, not technical talk.

Is it wrong that I pictured him stamping his foot and slamming a door after he typed this?

Many people in this thread are acting like these rumors are facts. Might want to wait till we get the real specs before we decide the winner of next gen.

this.

Yeah, we definitely don't know enough yet to make any definitive statements.

Oh.

deanos

Banned
Yep. Whatever rumors fits what we want, we'll take it.
i dont care which one is more powerful.
we have the leaked specs for both durango and orbis and if they're legit then orbis is more powerful. thats it.
this whole "magic sauce" bullshit started because some emotionally invested morons just cant accept that.

At least ERP knows something about programming, the people that hang out here are just regurgitating technobabble they don't understand.

My rule is if they post here, they know little. Anyone in the know would not nonchalantly post info in public forums. The real insiders are reading these posts and laughing. This forum is just for thinly veiled console wars, not technical talk.

80% of the shit I read at B3d is fanboy talk. (on next gen)

nope. pretty much all durango and even orbis info now seems out in the open. there's been an explosion of info in the past few days.

part was probably due to durango beta kits with with final silicon going out. i dunno, the other part was maybe ces briefings or something.

we're close enough to release (ten months) secrets are going to go by the wayside.

we have the leaked specs for both durango and orbis and the orbis is more powerful. thats it.
this whole "magic sauce" bullshit started because some emotionally invested morons just cant accept that.

"We've got a runner!"

aegies

nope. pretty much all durango and even orbis info now seems out in the open. there's been an explosion of info in the past few days.

part was probably due to durango beta kits with with final silicon going out. i dunno, the other part was maybe ces briefings or something.

we're close enough to release (ten months) secrets are going to go by the wayside.

There's still major info on both that isn't out there.

nib95

Banned

From what I can remember, one of them works for Microsoft but not on anything game related, the other uses a source that works for Microsoft, possibly in the relevant area, but is not really especially versed in tech knowledge himself. Not sure about Aegies tbh.

ERP is a game developer working at Sony right?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
80% of the shit I read at B3d is fanboy talk. (on next gen)

True, but the idiots are easy to pick out, the contrast is much higher between real devs and the rest.

From what I can remember, one of them works for Microsoft but not on anything game related, the other uses a source that works for Microsoft, possibly in the relevant area.

Hard to know, they never say anything ahead of the rumors and they can't explain anything so the info is hard to use. It's like the Chinese telephone game.

Yes, SCEA in Redmond based on his blog.

Reiko

Banned
we have the leaked specs for both durango and orbis and the orbis is more powerful. thats it.

I hope you're right. The Xbox/PS2 power gap is back on track.

OverHeat

« generous god »
we have the leaked specs for both durango and orbis and if they're legit then orbis is more powerful. thats it.
Salty!

WinFonda

I personally don't trust any of the people here that claim to know shit. Being right doesn't mean being credible, or even knowledgeable. I think there have been rumors and leaks that have been passed around and some just happened to catch wind of them first. Also, some have obvious agendas with the way they disseminate their info.

So yes, unless they're a known developer like lherre, or Erp from b3D, then count me as highly skeptical. Of course, neither of those two say much. Go figure.

ekim

But there is a secret sauce. Sorry to disappoint you.

it isnt that simple no matter how much you make it. durango has significantly more ram.

all some of us are saying is in the real world when you have to look at all parts of a system fitting together durango may compete very well when all is said and done. it's not that crazy a hypothesis or unreasonable.

And I along with the Master Race will be laughing, drinking wine and enjoying the battlefield from the top of a hill.

That's great sir.
I, the master & console race hybrid, will steal your wine and kick you down the hill while you foolishly let down your guard.

Seriously, keep the "master race is better than thou" bs elsewhere.

Spongebob

Banned
From what I can remember, one of them works for Microsoft but not on anything game related, the other uses a source that works for Microsoft, possibly in the relevant area.

According to his twitter page he works at SCEA tools and tech.

There's still major info on both that isn't out there.

i cant think of a major technical component, eg ram, speeds, etc i'm missing at this point.

i was missing durango's custom blocks but even much of that info is now filled in.

if it's something like "kinect 2 is amazing and packed in every box!" "PS4 controller has biometric sensors!" that's different I dont consider it as technical.

Top Bottom