• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video games play into retro craze

Deg

Banned
http://www.detnews.com/2004/technology/0407/11/d01-207910.htm

“I think there will always be interest in great games, just like there will always be interest in classic movies,” she says. “The original ‘Mario Brothers’ — people are going to love that game forever, just like people are going to love ‘Gone With the Wind’ and the original ‘Star Wars.’ These games, just like the movies, they’re going to continue to live on.”

bheemer

and dont forget 20 dollar rehashes for the nbots that will buy anything with the first party nintendo stamp on it.

i mean seriously i see people raving about the classics that were selling for 20 bucks.

they werent even properly ported.

NotMSRP

I think it has to do with the resolution. The NES resolution is larger than the GBA resolution, so the result is squashed graphics.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of which, was it ever posted here that Nintendo unveilled the next volume of Famicom Mini titles? If not, the highlights are Zelda II, Metroid, Kid Icarus, and Castlevania.

EDIT: Bah, nevermind, it was posted.

belgurdo

Banned
The only NES Classic I'll consider buying is Zelda II (because I have like 0 platformers on my system), and even then I'm waiting til it's $10.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
bheemer said:
and dont forget 20 dollar rehashes for the nbots that will buy anything with the first party nintendo stamp on it.

i mean seriously i see people raving about the classics that were selling for 20 bucks.

they werent even properly ported.

The thing is is that its more than just "Nbots" that are buying them. In fact, you could consider me nintendo fanboy and I won't touch the things (I am waiting for sub $13 mario and zelda)

If only hardcore Nintendo faithful bought them in Japan for instance, they would not have been nearly as succesful. This article talks about their appeal to "retro" and nostalgia, which is true. Sure the hardcore are buying them as well, but that doesn't explain it all.

Top Bottom