• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VIDEO: Las Vegas judge attacked during sentencing hearing

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Whatever you may think of the dumbass, this was an incredibly smooth jump.

JsKlggY.gif

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
How many guys does it take to control one guy? Jesus christ.
I believe in certain situations people are capable of bursts of extra strength.

When working security it once took 3 of us to throw out a 170 pound coked out dude.
He was slippery as an eel and strong like a pissed off bull 😄

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Redden's attorney also argued for a suspended sentence, citing previous completions of probation programs, his mental health history and his background.

"I appreciate that, but I think it's time that he get a taste of something else," Holthus responded. "Because I just can't with that history."

That's when Redden swore at Holthus, jumped over the bench and leapt onto the judge

Bruh... "I just can't with that history...I think it's time he get a taste of something else" ??? What ???

violence

Slightly longer video of changed man attacking Judge.

Bruh... "I just can't with that history...I think it's time he get a taste of something else" ??? What ???
Before the judge sentences you, they have you beg for mercy. So that meant she wasn’t going lenient on the sentencing.

Last edited:
Redden's attorney also argued for a suspended sentence, citing previous completions of probation programs, his mental health history and his background.

"I appreciate that, but I think it's time that he get a taste of something else," Holthus responded. "Because I just can't with that history."

That's when Redden swore at Holthus, jumped over the bench and leapt onto the judge

??? What's the issue?

The history in question:
a prosecutor said Redden had a history of violent crimes and asked for a prison term. Past charges include home invasion, domestic violence and battery on a protected person.

And as evidenced by the video, the judge was right. Dude deserves prison.

Cyberpunkd

Sounds like a regular US judge to me. The shit they say would never fly in Europe, the moment you show attitude like this you are off the case.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Like one of the YouTube comments said, he was trying to be all good until the judge let him know he wasn't going to get away with that. It's like someone being ok until they don't get their way. People like that need to be put away.
Makes one wonder how many lives this individual has destroyed, and many lives were saved by finally putting this piece of shit in prison.

bitbydeath

images

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Look at the dude in the front in the blue suit. Just fucking stands there while 2 guys are trying to restrain the suspect while he's landing blows on the judge.

Unbelievable. How are all the men in that court room not coming to her aide?

He looks pretty old, and might (fairly reasonably) question if there's a way for him to get close to the guy while what looks like maybe 5 younger, perhaps stronger and fitter men are already there.

He could have some sort of underlying health problem, could have relatively recently had surgery. Might just be in shock.

Go_Ly_Dow

Well the guy just proved the judge's assessment on him was right and now he'll be behind bars for a while I'd imagine.

I will say I'm not a fan of the personal touch from the judge, "I think it's time he gets a taste of something else". I couldn't imagine that kind of line in a UK court room and just seems unecessary to add that kind of flavour to a sentencing.

Last edited:
Should have sent him to high jump championship. Imagine the best of prison inmates doing olympics. Would be a hilarious TV series.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
There is a longer video showing him continuing to pummel the judge which one of the baliffs? Amins? feebly hitting on him to stop. All of this which his lawyer stands by the desk perplexed, doing nothing. Based on what I saw I'm sure she ended up with substantial injuries. He needs to be locked away permanently (he had tons of prior offenses).

Anyone who defends this guy need to go straight to hell.

AJUMP23

Hundreds of studies were done showing that harsh sentencing and “war of crime” does not lead to a decrease in criminality but don’t let this small fact stop you.

I think you are right. But currently being soft on crime isn't working either. I think the US jail system is clearly not working and there should be some way to rehabilitate and work to get people to pay for their crime but return able to contribute.

Top Bottom