• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Palmer Lucky of OR tries Project Morpheus for the 1st Time

morpix

I just want a great 3D HMD. So I hope we can turn off all the motion crap. I can sit in my lazyboy and have a standard controller and play in 3D.

He was really just testing it..

The Move motion games are one thing, sitting on a couch with a controller will be another...hopefully

Exactly. Get me 60fps, low latency movement in a 3d space with stereo sound and people WILL try it.

Apart from that, this dorkiness will skymurder VR once again.

Konosuke

Very interesting how he immediately starts to test low persistence by doing tonnes of quick motions. Haters fail to understand what is he doing. And of course he's barely going to show any reaction, just like Miyamoto when he tests games at E3.

Atomski

That looked ridiculously stupid. VR is going to flop harder than Move.

VR won't fail.. at least not Oculus Rift as it is already finding many commercial uses and such. It may have a slow start but in the long run and as things advance even more VR will without a double be huge.

If anything I think VR locked to a closed console platform will have the hardest uphill battle. There is just soooo much you can do with OR due to it being on a open platform and being open itself. Hell I was hearing how this quad copter drone is looking to support it.. that just sounds awesome. On consoles though it just sounds like it will be so limited as it will be game only focus.

astraycat

That looked ridiculously stupid. VR is going to flop harder than Move.

The point is not for others to see you as you are, but for you to better represent your virtual character and to better experience the virtual world.

It may look dumb from the outside, but seeing someone else's avatar in VR wave back at you is pretty trippy. It feels entirely different from watching a canned wave animation on a screen.

iceatcs

Well, just pointing out that your comment about "game engine integrations" is a generally nonsensical statement.

Oh ok, relax and no problem.

The middleware list mean the integration (VR, PS Camera & Move and 3D audio) came with it. If it wasn't come with it or your engine, then you could add it yourself (not easy method but doable).

StuBurns

Banned
Sure, but its still closed platform which will limit the uses.

Unless of course Sony is smart and doesn't limit it to just their consoles, but I have real doubts about that.
You say smart, I think it'd be absurd to launch on PC.

And given PlayStations moves of recent years, it's safe to say they're much smarter than either of us.

McSpidey

I saw a lot of attempts at synchronous hand/head movements (if done properly should result in no visible lag between the two). I wonder if this is a specific problem case they're comparing?

Top Bottom