• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video: Xbox One dash app/game snapping

derFeef

Tom Warren managed to record a short video with snapping apps to games and vice versa. Looks pretty good to me - stays fluid while loading BF4 and during game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXHtrSV3yEA

edit:
Another video with Killer Instinct and actual IE running on the side:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWIr5HUEP0c

s8PvS6o.png

Azzokk

Neo Member
Its seem like it takes a lot of steps with the controller to "snap" an app... Maybe it's just me.

lol a the comments
"NeaoSHAFT wrong again. Anyone who thought the OS would be bad on the XB1 needs a checkup from the neck up. Great video."

Looks nice.

Its seem like it takes a lot of steps with the controller to "snap" an app... Maybe it's just me.

You're supposed to be able to just say "Xbox snap internet explorer" which is 1 step. This is probably this guys first time using the snap function, once you get to know how it works I'm guessing it'll be fairly quick with the controller too.

Concept17

Yes because testing a feature in only one way is a great way to find out what is wrong. He is running nothing on the snap.

"Sign in to start using the web"

-->> buy gold to start using skype, even if you already paying for sub LOL

Wow this box is looking worse by the day. UI looks same speed as back when the MS kid leaked as well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Entrecôte;88381808 said:
"Sign in to start using the web"

-->> buy gold to start using skype, even if you already paying for sub LOL

Wow this box is looking worse by the day. UI looks same speed as back when the MS kid leaked as well.

...worse?

Dramos

Hopefully the voice features are fluid and precise. It seems frustrating to snap an app while playing a game and not losing your momentum. Snapping with voice is the way to go!

That is fairly awesome!

The snapping out of a game is also implemented in the PS4 rite ?

It's just the suspend/resume thing that is missing ?

Please tell me I'm right, because this is too awesome.

derFeef

Hopefully the voice features are fluid and precise. It seems frustrating to snap an app while playing a game and not losing your momentum. Snapping with voice is the way to go!

Yup. Altough it's just Menu>press right>snap>choose app

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This video shows nothing, except snapping things that don't work. Probably because absolutely nothing on this console works without Gold. Or maybe it's just currently broken. Or both.

...worse?

Yes worse because everything seems to be confirming that this box is useless for the 'all in one entertainment' services unless you pay a sub. I am one (in the minority) that don't wish to do that, especially to use something like Skype which is free on all other machines.

derFeef

This video shows nothing, except snapping things that don't work. Probably because absolutely nothing on this console works without Gold. Or maybe it's just currently broken. Or both.

It's not connected and no one is signed in. It shows the snapping, that's it.

Some dude said:
How are you people this looks good and NeogGaf is always whining? The damn apps werent even operational so what the hell are you all going on about? Show the apps working next a game and then come talk to me.

Tom Warren said:
Makes no difference tbh. I ran IE side-by-side running a YouTube video and playing Forza 5 and it worked just fine with the YouTube audio playing alongside the game audio. No lag or stutter switching between them either.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Does it keep that "kinect is not connected" warning at all times?
That's going to be real annoying real fast.

K' Dash

I can see people around the internet hate GAF with Burning Passion.

The UI looks nice and smooth, hope it stays that way when the Xbox is actually connected.

Pretty cool. Wish MS sold a separate media box that let you do that with any devices you want, because I certainly wouldn't put up with shitty games just to use the internet on my TV.

Silky

Banned
Entrecôte;88382318 said:
Yes worse because everything seems to be confirming that this box is useless for the 'all in one entertainment' services unless you pay a sub. I am one (in the minority) that don't wish to do that, especially to use something like Skype which is free on all other machines.

what does paying a sub

and bringing up the sub in general

have to do with the video in question tho

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That is fairly awesome!

The snapping out of a game is also implemented in the PS4 rite ?

It's just the suspend/resume thing that is missing ?

"Snapping" refers to placing an app side-by-side with the game, and no, the PS4 won't support that. Those GPU and memory recources will go to the game instead of that other stuff on the PS4. But it does support multitasking, yes, in that you can leave the game, do something else on the console, and instantly return to where you were in the game.

Top Bottom