• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogames characters with stupid names

Let's the list begins!

gbxN28G.jpg

1) Dick Gumshoe from Phoenix Wright
2) Wakka from Final Fantasy X
3) Wolf Hawkfield from Virtua Fighter
4&5) C'mon, Master Chief and Cloud Strife too...

Blues1990

Pizza Pasta - Punch-Out! (Arcade)
Dingo Egret - Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
Rose/Pink Gold Peach - Mario Kart 8

Dee Dee

Phoenix Wright taking first place in OP if course, but out if all the names in the series you pick Dick Gumshoe??
(It's "Misty Fey".)

Gumshoe is a great name for that series. I mean if that bothers you then why not list every other character in the series?

Anyway my vote is for EDGE MAVERICK.

Blobbers

I still think the Organization XIII names are stupid and the formula behind the names of jumbling the real name and adding "X" is even dumber.

Thoraxes

Dick Gumshoe is like... perfectly named and localized, especially for something like the Ace Attorney universe which has a lot of these types of names, even in the Japanese versions.
Not only do you get the two synonyms, one each for the first and last names, but his name is almost the antithesis of his ability lol.
Master Chief is his rank, though.

WaLuigi...

And his name is John lol.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sorey

like wtf ?

also i remember, my brother was watching me play the MGS3 ending and when the president goes "You are above the boss, we hereby award you the title of BIG boss"

my brother started laughing uncontrollable like what the hell is this shit.

DodgeDusk

Would the unique monster names from Xenoblade Chronicles count? If so, then Proper Bandaz

If not, then I'm just going to say Dingo Egret from Zone of the Enders

Dargor

Sorey

like wtf ?

also i remember, my brother was watching me play the MGS3 ending and when the president goes "You are above the boss, we hereby award you the title of BIG boss"

my brother started laughing uncontrollable like what the hell is this shit.

You failed as a brother, you should have showed him where the title of Boss comes from. With a powerpoint presentation divided in six sessions, to make things easier for him to understand.

Forkball

Starkiller from The Force Unleashed.

Starkiller was actually Luke's original surname in Star Wars, but the studios thought it was too stupid. But what's too stupid for movies is perfect for gaming!

Besides Edge Maverick, Bubsy. Just say that out loud. Bubsy.

c0Zm1c

Fendi Nin (Guild Wars: Eye of the North) is a stupid sounding name. Perhaps there's a meaning behind it taken from the real world, which is often the case (and I'm inadvertently insulting some people's culture, I'm sorry!) but it is a stupid name.

Top Bottom