• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viewtiful Joe 2 available in November 2004

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't know if you guys are being sarcastic, but can you not see the fine print on the 'box art' ?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Mine. Any word of whether or not either version will have some kind of exclusive features?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Thank you, I must have missed that tidbit. Cube version it is, then, if only so that the two games will sit together on my shelf!

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Capcoms releaselists said 2005 all the time,2004 release is very doubtful.

Ebgames lists Conker and Jade Empire as 2004 btw,and some other delayed games too.

When a game suddenly gets pushed back,its a hint at possible delay,not the other way around.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Mejilan said:
Thank you, I must have missed that tidbit. Cube version it is, then, if only so that the two games will sit together on my shelf!

Same here, I'm getting the GCN version first. I kinda wish they would do something like the original VJ and release the PS2 version about 6 months later with a few extras. I'm already getting the PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe because of my love of Dante, but VJ2 is going to make me choose...damn Capcom.

While I don't actually think either version will come out in November (seems kinda odd to me), Capcom's site has a Nov 15th date for both versions. The date should be taken with a grain of salt, they always list games that aren't on the main page yet as the 15th of their respective release month.

http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=750086

Mejilan said:
Mine. Any word of whether or not either version will have some kind of exclusive features?

ViewtifulSamus.jpg

Just Kidding. ;)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Gamedude said:
Does somebody know the europian launch? when did Viewtiful Joe came out in America anyway? (europe: okt 2003)

I believe it was October 7th, 2003.

Memles

Still think Nintendo should throw some money Capcom's way, and get this as a Time Exclusive for the Holidays.

cvxfreak

I'm going to get the GCN version because it's the system I play more, even though I'm dumping the GC game for the PS2 version.

Soul4ger

Memles said:
Still think Nintendo should throw some money Capcom's way, and get this as a Time Exclusive for the Holidays.

I agree, especially with the PS2 version exposing the game to a larger market. Nothing like making people covet a sequel on another system. Either way, it gives the GC holiday line-up a little boost.

Memles

MarkMacD said:
Believe it.

Seriously? Because...wow.

It BETTER be only $50 Canadian again, then. Damn well better...makes me have to finish Joe first, though.

Both versions? Man...that means 2 Joe titles in 3 months for the PS2...might be a bit of overkill, a delay of the PS2 Version might actually better its chances.

jarrod

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised, especially with Shadow of Rome, DMC3, Outbreak 2 and RE4 all falling back to 2005... Capcom needs something big this year, and VJ2 sounds good enough.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh shit, it's true! My wallet cries!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/17/news_6105061.html

After being saddled for months with a vague "fall 2004" release window, Viewtiful Joe 2 now has a set ship date. Capcom officials confirmed to GameSpot today that the sequel to last year's cel-shaded beat-'em-up will be released on November 23. Unlike the first Joe, the sequel will be released simultaneously for the PlayStation 2 and GameCube. The game is not yet rated, but will retail for $39.99.

A single tear of joy just fell from my eyes. Co-op arcade gameplay is going to be awesome this year with both Alien Hominid and Viewtiful Joe 2. Hopefully Joe 2 is game of the year material again.

Top Bottom