• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince Carter turns 40 today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday to the greatest dunker in NBA history.

vcdunk3.gif

Glix

The fact that he was still able to contribute at a high level even in his late 30's shows what an incredible athlete this man is.

theWB27

Damn. My favorite dunk is that oop he caught against the clippers with one hand. Plus that epic battle he had with ivo in the playoffs where they were both dropping 40+.

Hof

You'd have hell to convince me a decade ago that this guy would still be around at this point. I think many people figured he'd be out of the league shortly after his athleticism faded. He's become a great elder statesman.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
You guys see that 360 layup from yesterday or whatever?

http://streamable.com/6ebnr

Happy b day, vinsanity. You'll always be my first "he's the next Jordan."

EDIT: I've been defeated.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Saw him play in High School in Florida - his team just fed him the ball and he dunked for 45 minutes straight.

It was ridiculous.

v0yce

giphy.gif

It was weird. In college it seemed Antawn Jamison got most of the spotlight but I was always like "BUT LOOK AT THAT GUY!"

Quick

Banned
Happy birthday to VC.

I didn't completely understand the circumstances surrounding his trade to the Nets as a kid, so I was on the hate bandwagon early on. But I get it now and I ain't mad.

On top of that, he really promoted basketball in the country with Steve Nash.

And that Raptors tribute man. ��

Brinbe

So lucky to have seen him in his prime. Really nothing like him at the time. He'd pull off something incredible every single game like it was nothing.

Sucks that it ended so badly here in Toronto, but I'm glad both player and city have finally found peace.

Perfect mix of power, grace and athleticism.

tumblr_ms94w0hS4K1qjpqono1_500.gif

Happy birthday to VC.

I didn't completely understand the circumstances surrounding his trade to the Nets as a kid, so I was on the hate bandwagon early on. But I get it now and I ain't mad.

On top of that, he really promoted basketball in the country with Steve Nash.

And that Raptors tribute man. ��

I recall a situation where he allegedly was leaking plays to the opposite team or something like that? Plus he came out at one point and more or less admitted he wasn't playing as hard as he could, that's just off the top of my head. Didn't leave on the best of terms, but I still associate him with the Raptors and vice versa all these years later. He was seriously must-watch TV in the early 2000's.

Kill3r7

giphy.gif

It was weird. In college it seemed Antawn Jamison got most of the spotlight but I was always like "BUT LOOK AT THAT GUY!"

Jamison was a much better college player. Also a bigger recruit. He was one of those guys that did not develop much in college. VC was tailor made for the NBA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom