• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 360...is there something we dont know? (commercial)

Hunahan

Banned
Awesomeness. Seems like late summer is going to be Japanese-game heaven for the 360. Sylpheed, VF5, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Culdcept Saga, and Senko No Rondo all in 3 months? Hott.

Dina

bumpkin said:
Sweeeeeeeeeet. I was bummin' about not having anything to play in July.

Both Mass Effect and Forza Motorsport 2 will keep me busy for a long, long time. And then there's the japan-games coming along (Trusty Bell, Blue Dragon etc).

DCharlie

Banned
i wonder if XBL will have VF Net style things like being able to record you games and upload them to a server so anyone can watch them?

now that would be cool (and sega could charge too :( )

KingJ2002

leaderboard are cool... but it doesnt beat online multiplayer. truth be told... if there's no online multiplayer i dont think i will play this game with anyone... fighters are too hard to get into so people who come over rather play a shooter or something than pop in dead or alive.. and in the future... virtua fighter. i really do wish sega didnt listen to the elitist and put the game online for the majority that will play it... it's not like the vf elitists wont play online anyway... they will instead hop online then come in forum and bitch till no end.... which i could care less about.

at least it's there...

and while were at this list of demands... VF.TV please... dont gimp the console versions.

therapist

Lyte Edge said:
Stop getting hard-ons, it's not going to have online play. You're just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

This man speaks the truth.
Even the developers dont want to add online play,as virtua fighter works in frames (very quick ones) and online play would pretty much ruin it.

I would like to see it happen , but im afraid it would be terrible.

Doa works because it has barely any moves so lag doesnt really matter lmao.:D

Emowii

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
Stop getting hard-ons, it's not going to have online play. You're just setting yourselves up for disappointment.
Even if it did have online play, does anyone really think this highly technical fighter is gonna play splendidly with even the most minimal amounts of lag, which are guaranteed to be present? It seems like such an empty dream.

But you never know, Sega might just do it to have that "new and exciting feature" mentioned on the box.

DCharlie said:
i wonder if XBL will have VF Net style things like being able to record you games and upload them to a server so anyone can watch them?

now that would be cool (and sega could charge too :( )
It had better coming in so late. An online practice mode, at least, better be in the cards.

Oh, and I like that you've brought back the classic avatar. Makes me laugh when I see your posts and see that gif. :lol

FightyF

Banned
I'm waiting till both are out before making a decision, but I'm leaning towards PS3 because of the faster loading times. But...

Whatever console I am buying it for, I'll also buy some arcade sticks, and so that pushes me towards the 360 version since I have UMK3 and SF2 (with hi res version coming out soon) on it.

But then again, SNK is going to put their library on the PSN.

So it's a hard decision.

Excuse me if I didn't see it in all the replies in this thread....

But unless Sega officially came out & said "No Online Matches in Live" then I don't see any reason why it couldn't be there. Heaven forbid they take that extra time they've got with it and pair it up with some decent support in that area. Much like all the tweaking Bethesda did with Oblivion & it's PS3 version. Sure, they could've done a straight port and see "There, you got something, now shut up..."....but they didn't. They did an honest-to-God improvement overhaul with it and look how nice it turned out! Who says it couldn't be done for the 360 as well with the addition of online fights?

D.

DiatribeEQ said:

But unless Sega officially came out & said "No Online Matches in Live" then I don't see any reason why it couldn't be there. Heaven forbid they take that extra time they've got with it and pair it up with some decent support in that area. Much like all the tweaking Bethesda did with Oblivion & it's PS3 version. Sure, they could've done a straight port and see "There, you got something, now shut up..."....but they didn't. They did an honest-to-God improvement overhaul with it and look how nice it turned out! Who says it couldn't be done for the 360 as well with the addition of online fights?

D.

team stated that online has too much latency for VF move timing.

DiatribeEQ said:

D.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=73661

Eurogamer: One notable absence in VF5 is that of online play - are we to assume that this is due to latency issues that would break the game online? Is there likely to be any kind of online functionality at all in the final version? Were downloadable high-level replays or character items considered, for example?

AM2: Our stance toward the online gameplay has not been changed from what it was before. VF5 runs at 60fps. It would be nice if there were an environment where we could communicate with no problem at all under this condition, but unfortunately, there are various barriers for the network gaming. We wish we had an Internet environment that would convince the players who develop frame-by-frame offense and defence. The Japanese advanced players play battles that can be determined within one frame! We were interested in dowloadable extra service and PlayStore, but we decided not to adopt them this time. Instead, we decided to include every possible item we can offer since we could secure sufficient space due to the introduction of Blu-ray Disc.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm really hoping for leaderboards, replay broadcasts (VF TV), and player ghosts populating the quest mode arcades.

Jirotrom

Kaijima said:
I'm really hoping for leaderboards, replay broadcasts (VF TV), and player ghosts populating the quest mode arcades.
if you have palyed Virtua tennis 3 on 360 they had A VT TV mode that was so awesome....If they at least do that for VF I will be very happy. That way people can see tourneys live...stuff like that. Next closest thing to actually playing it online.

Top Bottom