• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3) and Hokuto no Ken (PS2) sites open!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
jett said:
95% of the people in that "tournament" probably didn't even know which buttons were kick, punch and guard.

It's probably best that IGN finished in last. I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone. :)

Surreal

I wish this was online. Wish somehow they'd overcome lag and let me play VF5 online... Couldn't they just have extremely strict ping requirements?

Surreal said:
I wish this was online. Wish somehow they'd overcome lag and let me play VF5 online... Couldn't they just have extremely strict ping requirements?

Over the years, I've seen more than a few people with industry connections say that the lack of online in VF is not entirely about lag issues, but also the desire to protect their arcade revenue. An online VF would probably kill most of the regular arcade play as people would prefer to pay the one-off price for the game and then get an unlimited supply of new human competition at home, than keep pumping money into an arcade machine. I think even Sega realise that they probably couldn't get away with charging for online play in VF.

So I think for the forseeable future, even if they could do decent to near-perfect online play, they won't.

Mœbius

Nice shots. Loving the pretty in pink buttons on the stick.

Not sure if those PS3s are actual running kits though, could be dummy kits - probably got those massive dev units hidden under the table actually running the code.

That looks so good runing on the PS3. I want this game so bad. Why did Sony have to put a $600 price on the PS3. I guess I am goning to have to sell my blood so I can get it now.
Virtua Fighter 5 on the PS3 and Dead Rising on the 360 is my most wanted games next Gen.

Pimpwerx said:
Best fighter on the planet...hands down. This is a real trophy for the system in Japan. PEACE.

It'll be one of them as long as they can pull it off as arcade perfect. It'll be the first VF game ever to have an arcade perfect home version.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the PS3's VF.net will be like. Since the arcade had it the PS3 should have the record feature.

Bud said:
Is VF a system seller in Japan?

How good did the previous version do over there?

They range from anywhere to 500k to 1m. Most of Sega's income though with the series comes from how much money the arcades bring in.

Top Bottom