• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3) and Hokuto no Ken (PS2) sites open!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
hmm i take it back, the ps3 light looks blue now.
those screens look amazing :)

edit:
after brighting the image, looks like the joystick is indeed USB wired.
sega74iq8.jpg

adamYUKI

The screens look great! I can't wait to pick up ps3, VF5, and 2 of those arcade sticks.

Hmm...I can't tell if there is any self-shadowing implemented. The arcade version had it; i hope ps3 version retains it.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
adamYUKI said:
Hmm...I can't tell if there is any self-shadowing implemented. The arcade version had it; i hope ps3 version retains it.
Looks like SS can be seen on the Akira image, on his leg below his arm. They better have not taken that shit out. The only problem I see are the clipping issues on the BradvsJacky pic.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
YES YES! YOU WA SHOCK!

I need the release date for Hokuto no Ken! WHEN?!?!?! Please say it's this year! Make the year end with a bang! ;_;

Forsete

Game looks fantastic! :D

Oh and PS3 has a blue LED <3.
Any impressions on the system itself? How's the noise level, is it really as quiet as a Slimline PS2? :)

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
SolidSnakex said:
Sega's not going to put the game online because of lag issues.

*Damaging Blow!*

That really does suck.

SaitoH said:
The game that's going to make me buy a PS3.

=(

Same, although that was the plan (in 2007) anyway, once they're more readily available.

adamYUKI

Yeah, i see what you are saying. I do see *something*, but it should be more pronounced. One would think that Akira's extended arm should cast a shadow over the leg underneath.

The models & lighting look spot on, but the self-shadowing is one of the things that made it stand out from that other next-gen fighter.

Damn...Spring 07 seems so far away...

adamYUKI said:
Yeah, i see what you are saying. I do see *something*, but it should be more pronounced. One would think that Akira's extended arm should cast a shadow over the leg underneath.

The models & lighting look spot on, but the self-shadowing is one of the things that made it stand out from that other next-gen fighter.

Damn...Spring 07 seems so far away...

Yeah it's OT and I suck but who's the girl in your avatar?

jjasper

I really don't want to wait past Feb. to get this, it is a fighting game with english in it already so what are the chances of region free, or more importantly worldwide release?

Damn: PS3 looks hot in those pics

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bad_Boy said:

edit:
sega74iq8.jpg

So, Sony has five PS3 to spare for 3rd party events like this?

DAMN YOU RELEASE THEM IN EUROPE THIS YEAR!

1 in UK, 1 in France, 1 in Spain, 1 in Germany and 1 in Italy!

Jokes aside, PS3 is so sexy in those pics.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
March 2007 makes sense. VF4 and VF4 Evo released on PS2 in March as well (2002 and 2003 respectively)

VF4 came to the US May 2002 and VF4 Evo hit August 2003. So we'll probably see VF5 sometime in the summer. :/

Hopefully it's a global release. Sony, you make sure we get it next spring, you dirty bastards.

Bebpo

Banned
One thing I was kinda thinking about, since the PS3 is online, when they do arcade revisions like A/B/C to work on balance down the line...it'd be nice if you could just download them and have the game update to the latest arcade revision.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Bebpo said:
One thing I was kinda thinking about, since the PS3 is online, when they do arcade revisions like A/B/C to work on balance down the line...it'd be nice if you could just download them and have the game update to the latest arcade revision.

Or, Sega can sell them as new games every year :(

Which one is more likely?

bud

adamYUKI said:
That is Alexandra (my girlfriend) in some hokey cowgirl outfit last Halloween.

Damn, first the other asian chick with huge
but saggy :(
tits and now this one!?

Kittonwy

Banned
Bad_Boy said:

edit:
sega74iq8.jpg

JAWSOME, arcade perfect ftw. This gen I'm going to get a VF stick instead of a Tekken stick, the Hori Tekken 4 stick was a pain in the ass to play VF4 with for sure.

:3

Bebpo said:

Yeah, that'd be nice. Personally I'm not expecting it, but even though there won't be full online play, Sega really ought to support every other permeatation of online functionality that they can like swapping replay vids, ghost data, AI mode data, downloadable content - ie, new costumes, stages, customisation items, seasonal download packs like halloween (characters in halloween costumes, pumpkins on the stages) or Xmas (santa costumes, Christmas trees and decorations) etc..

adamYUKI

Bud said:
Damn, first the other asian chick with huge
but saggy :(
tits and now this one!?

They are both the same girl! :lol

I really hope they improve the already kick-ass training mode. PS2 Evo had one of the best training modes in a fighter EVAR!

bud

adamYUKI said:
They are both the same girl! :lol

I really hope they improve the already kick-ass training mode. PS2 Evo had one of the best training modes in a fighter EVAR!

:lol

She looks like a totally different person in this pic :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
ThatCrazyGuy said:
Is Hori making this stick? They made the VF4 one, so I am thinking yea. I hope it has sanwa parts and all that good jazz.

The one they're using looks like an Hori stick to me.

Looks awesome! Is the reason this isn't coming out until next year because of the fact that VF5 is still fresh in arcades? I could see them delaying for that reason. If not, its pretty cool that they have it running on blu ray / PS3 test kits already.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
TTP said:
So, Sony has five PS3 to spare for 3rd party events like this?

DAMN YOU RELEASE THEM IN EUROPE THIS YEAR!

1 in UK, 1 in France, 1 in Spain, 1 in Germany and 1 in Italy!

:lol :lol :lol

jett

D-Member
Well VF5 looks arcade perfect. I was hoping for a slight upgrade or something, but whatever! :p

At a special press conference in Tokyo today, Sega let attendees play Virtua Fighter 5 on the PS3 for the very first time. I'll sum it up in two words: arcade perfect. While no VF freak like Milky or Shane

Those "VF freaks" don't even know how to perform the most basic of maneuvers in VF5, from what was shown at the 1up show a few weeks ago. :p They must be the only ziff-davis editors to have played a VF game, ever, to get that kind of "reputation". :p

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm surprised nobody commented on the ps3's sitting right in front of them, like noise for example. Then again I suppose any noise (if it even makes noise :p) would be drowned out by the 5 games outputing sound at the same time?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
PS3 looks amazing in those shots.

Key to making PS3 look amazing: buy a huge ****ing TV.

Kittonwy said:
Eileen = Cute.

My wallpaper. She = Love.

Although from the vids she also uses some weird cat-fu style. Anyone ever see the martial arts movie Magnificent Butcher? I'm reminded of a particular character from the film everytime I see her in action.

Kittonwy

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
My wallpaper. She = Love.

Although from the vids she also uses some weird cat-fu style. Anyone ever see the martial arts movie Magnificent Butcher? I'm reminded of a particular character from the film everytime I see her in action.

Catfu? It's not monkey style?

Kittonwy said:
Catfu? It's not monkey style?

Well I'm sure there's a monkey style as well(I'm not particularly familiar with her style). I'm just saying when I saw her in action I thought of the guy from Magnificent Butcher. Like one of Eileen's moves has her jumping on the opponent and scratching their face up, a move I also saw in Magnificent Butcher.

Other things like her winposes and intros also showed some similarities in the catfu style. I imagine it's a mixture of both.

God why 2007? This wait is driving me insane!

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I'm so glad this isn't a launch title or I'd be crying tiny PAL tears right now. PS3 version looks fantastic though :)

Top Bottom