• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Shoyz

I wish someone would translate the full game already, it's been years and no one has really stepped up to it

Steiner also mentioned every sciadv game getting a PC (steam) release. So not only do we have concrete confirmation that Noah is never getting an official localization, but the hurdle of it being console exclusive should also be gone soon.

Gonna be a pickle deciding whether to play the fan translation of vanilla C;H or wait for a possible C;H Noah fan translation with Chaos;Child's english release impending.

I'd be utterly shocked if it came out tomorrow, but stealth releases of VNs, even those with comparatively high profile Kickstarters, are nothing unusual. But I'm expecting them to announce a delay to next month instead.

aravuus

I kinda want Dies Irae despite the fact that I know practically nothing about it since a bunch of people seem to be excited to play it.

Wouldn't mind a new super-long VN to just get lost in.

jonjonaug

I kinda want Dies Irae despite the fact that I know practically nothing about it since a bunch of people seem to be excited to play it.

Wouldn't mind a new super-long VN to just get lost in.

Utawarerumono 2 just came out. I'm about five hours in and it's pretty great so far.

Buzzi

DI keys given before they can be activated? Wtf

On another note, I got Fault Milestone One since it was cheap on bundle stars, how is it?

Another reminder:

https://sekaiproject.com/2016/12/27/console-ports-update/

As we move into 2017 and get these releases out of the way during Q1, you can expect details on our next console releases to follow rapidly. We are planning several more releases throughout the year, so these 2 are only the beginning of our many adventures on this brand-new platform. And, of course, we have some surprises lurking in the shadows. We hope you’re looking forward to them!

I, for one, am enjoying my Q1-released copies of Fault Milestone One and Root Double and am eagerly anticipating new announcements.

-_-

Shizuka

https://sekaiproject.com/2016/12/27/console-ports-update/

I, for one, am enjoying my Q1-released copies of Fault Milestone One and Root Double and am eagerly anticipating new announcements.

-_-

I did a little searching and found out that as of March, Alice in Disonance didn't even have the Steam build of the PlayStation release ready, it was going into beta. Yes, they developed the PlayStation build for PC on RenPy and are handing it to Sekai Project to then port it to PlayStation platforms. How did anyone at Sekai Project thought it'd be a Q1 release blows my mind after finding that out.

pbayne

Quick question

Apparently it was a known issue (though not to me lol) but i downloaded the update on my vita version because the border clipping was annoying me and i got my file corrupted, all save data lost.

I was only about 5 hours in so im not too bothered since im sure i can get back there in about 20 minutes by skipping through shit but can anyone confirm that this problem doesn't happen again.

Quick question

Apparently it was a known issue (though not to me lol) but i downloaded the update on my vita version because the border clipping was annoying me and i got my file corrupted, all save data lost.

I was only about 5 hours in so im not too bothered since im sure i can get back there in about 20 minutes by skipping through shit but can anyone confirm that this problem doesn't happen again.

(Assuming you mean Steins;Gate 0)

There shouldn't be a problem post-update, but it wouldn't hurt to delete the save data entirely (and redownload the patch if that got deleted too) just to make sure there are no remnants of the old save data.

Steam store page for Dies irae is up:

Release date is June 2nd according to that page.
Edit: Oh wait...
The common part scenario can be played as a basic free of charge.
In order to play each heroine scenario, purchase of DLC is required separately.
I wonder if the "full game" (all routes via paid DLC) will actually release on the same day.

pbayne

(Assuming you mean Steins;Gate 0)

There shouldn't be a problem post-update, but it wouldn't hurt to delete the save data entirely (and redownload the patch if that got deleted too) just to make sure there are no remnants of the old save data.

Lol forgot to say it was steins gate 0. Cheers for the answer, seems to be working fine now.

Steam store page for Dies irae is up:

Release date is June 2nd according to that page.
Edit: Oh wait...

I wonder if the "full game" (all routes via paid DLC) will actually release on the same day.
A translator working on the project said the whole thing should come out on the PC this week so I doubt it all won't come out unless Japan is really dumb.

The Steam release seems to be going off without problems, it's the Vita version that has questions.

Yuuichi

all they did was cop the 「戦乙女らんなばうとっ!」business model, it's
actually a pretty good idea to make the first part free to get people in

all they did was cop the 「戦乙女らんなばうとっ!」business model, it's
actually a pretty good idea to make the first part free to get people in
ChuSinGura did the same thing on Steam too.

DrDaxxy

Neo Member
KS backers can play Dies Irae right now:

ReadingSteiner said:
So, to reclarify. Dies irae is up and ready for backers!
Check your backerkit dashboards for the codes!
The promised day is upon us.
(source)

(You should have gotten a mail from BackerKit a while ago; check that for your account. The link's probably expired but there'll be a resend button when you visit it anyway.)

PhleBuster

Neo Member
KS backers can play Dies Irae right now:

(source)

(You should have gotten a mail from BackerKit a while ago; check that for your account. The link's probably expired but there'll be a resend button when you visit it anyway.)

This wasn't intended though, apparently.
They just sent people Steam beta keys instead of regular ones (allowing instant DL rather than activating game on release). They'll probably revoke them soon if they can figure out how.

Saphirax

This wasn't intended though, apparently.
They just sent people Steam beta keys instead of regular ones (allowing instant DL rather than activating game on release). They'll probably revoke them soon if they can figure out how.

Nah, they were just mislabeled. They're not beta keys.

PhleBuster

Neo Member
Nah, they were just mislabeled. They're not beta keys.

They are beta keys if they allow you to download the game pre-release. The question is just whether the game build is finished yet or not. Whether they meant to give it to players already or not, seems it's at least up to date since they decided to roll with it.

PhleBuster

Neo Member
He took that back already.

I can't imagine they're going to revoke keys over a 20 hour difference.

Yeah that's definitely the smart decision if the game's already releasing so soon anyway. Allow me to be skeptical about this being intentional though (considering lack of specific mention of this major feature in the update, plus not having renamed the beta branch of keys).

Lain

Getting the keys for Dies Irae has been somewhat weird since it doesn't show up on my usual backerkit account because I had to change my kickstarter email as emails from them never got through to my isp email. I guess I have 2 backerkit accounts now.

DrDaxxy

Neo Member
Wait how do I get my key?

I have email from Kickstarter but not backerkit and I did the survey?

Use the survey link. There's a "resend email" button or something to allow you access.

Or just wait until you get a personal email (they can't put the keys in the newsletter).

DrDaxxy

Neo Member
This apparently happens to people only when they're not on Japanese locale. Very strange.

Running the Steam client through AppLocale / Locale Emulator also works around the problem (without requiring a reboot as changing your system locale would).

MangaGamer is now going to offer free 18+ patches for all of their Steam games.

We know how important platform choice and version parity are to many of you, so we used our recent in-person meeting with Valve as an opportunity to address those concerns and discuss content restrictions and off-site patching. We’re committed to doing right by our customers while adhering to Valve’s policies, and to that end we managed to reach an understanding with Valve regarding patches.

Going forward it will be our general policy to provide free content patches for all Steam releases whenever possible where there are content differences between versions. Technical issues or contractual obligations with specific developers may make patching not possible for specific titles, but we will do our utmost to ensure that doesn’t happen. Should patching not be an option for a relevant title, we will inform you before it goes on sale.

We will be working to update some of our existing Steam titles with content patches in the future; however, as our previous Steam releases were designed as separate versions, it may not be immediately possible for some older releases. We will have more information pertaining to previous releases in the coming weeks, so keep your eyes peeled for more good news!

Aters

MangaGamer is now going to offer free 18+ patches for all of their Steam games.

Just scanned through their store and my mind was blown. It seems completely random how they choose games to translate. You can find absolute gems like Burst Eve Error among twenty fap games and they just don't care. I think if they translate less trash like those softhouse-seal titles and actually put the effort into something worthwhile they can really expand their business. Or maybe they are doing just fine, I dunno.

jonjonaug

Just scanned through their store and my mind was blown. It seems completely random how they choose games to translate. You can find absolute gems like Burst Eve Error among twenty fap games and they just don't care. I think if they translate less trash like those softhouse-seal titles and actually put the effort into something worthwhile they can really expand their business. Or maybe they are doing just fine, I dunno.

Mangagamer has released a ton of worthwhile games (The House in Fata Morgana, Liarsoft titles, minori titles, Higurashi, Umineko, Kindred Spirits, Kira Kira even if it's from when their TLs were still bad), and some of those "fap games" are actually pretty unique and interesting despite being nukiges (Euphoria and No Thank You come to mind here). Out of the major VN localizers/publishers that also do 18+ titles they're easily the best one.

Top Bottom