• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
i think my vita just froze while i was playing persona 4 golden and i didn't get to save after about an hour and a half

tumblr_makd1b55GJ1rq65rlo1_500.gif

This is a seriously great gif. *rightclick-save*

Oh I know, it's just depressing.

Average consumer don't give a shit if it includes a game and a year of plus. They see the $300 price point - the same as a brand new wii u for comparison - and won't buy it

True, one thing that does suck though is they can't advertise the free PSN games since they rotate too quickly (which is necessary). I'm sure if you advertised it came with PSN+ which included uncharted and other free games it would help hardware sales a lot more. I'm not sure the general public knows enough about PSN+ or the games given out on it.

Can you do the challenges more than once? I thought it disappeared after I sucked on the first one but maybe I was disoriented.

You can do the challenges as many times as you want. You can only earn the gem rewards for each medal tier once though: for example, clearing a new challenge with silver will earn you the gems for both silver and bronze. Clearing it again after that will only earn you the gold gem reward; you won't earn the silver and bronze rewards again.

sajj316

am crying after watching videos of Virtua Fighter 2 for PSN ..

the things I would do to get a perfect arcade port of VF2 on the go

True, one thing that does suck though is they can't advertise the free PSN games since they rotate too quickly (which is necessary). I'm sure if you advertised it came with PSN+ which included uncharted and other free games it would help hardware sales a lot more. I'm not sure the general public knows enough about PSN+ or the games given out on it.

They could advertise the two games that stay for a year, most likely and just send stores stickers to place over the old ones when those rotate out.

Carl

HMV and GAME (big shops in the UK) have big advertisements for PS+ saying what it includes. As you say though it's hard to properly advertise because of how quick it rotates.

Carl

Is it worth downloading that bug thing guys? I'm getting dangerously low on space

Just a fun little distraction that uses Near. Nothing amazing. You make a bug and sync it to Near, then other people pick it up and take it somewhere else etc. And they take pictures with your bug which you can see and stuff.

Pretty nifty really.

They could advertise the two games that stay for a year, most likely and just send stores stickers to place over the old ones when those rotate out.

I dont' think they like saying what rotates that early right? I don't think they said what PS3 ones will be the longest to rotate. I think they like people not knowing to a certain extent.

HMV and GAME (big shops in the UK) have big advertisements for PS+ saying what it includes. As you say though it's hard to properly advertise because of how quick it rotates.
Ya, I don't think there's anything like that in the US but I haven't been in a gamestop or similar in ages so I can't say. I think if people saw uncharted and such as the free games it would help tip the scales more. Definitely helped in my case although I was already pretty set with the stuff amazon included anyhow.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
PS4G has me interested

I've never played a persona game before, Do I need to play the other games to get involved?

Nope, stands perfectly on its own. If you have any interest in RPGs, you'll love it.

They are waiting for you too!

Omikaru

PS4G has me interested

I've never played a persona game before, Do I need to play the other games to get involved?

Nope. In fact, as I posted in the P4G OT, it's the best gateway drug into the series. P4 on PS2 was my first Persona game, and I've played Persona 3 and Persona 2 Innocent Sin afterwards. These are the kinds of games that can be enjoyed on their own, not too dissimilar to how you can enjoy any of the Final Fantasy games on their own, and not have to play another in the series. The big difference with Persona is that all the games are in the same universe, but the stories don't overlap.

There's a few little references to previous games in Persona 4, but not to the point that you would enjoy Persona 4 any less because of them.

If you're interested, go for it.

Toma

So there really is no chance at getting the wipeout AR museum is there?

:(

Huh? How would you even imagine that to work out? The studio doesnt exist anymore.

Any good way to capture video from the Vita?

Any way at all?

Dev kits have video out, unfortunately not in the user unit.

Only possible way is to hold a cam onto it :/

Huh? How would you even imagine that to work out? The studio doesnt exist anymore.

Dev kits have video out, unfortunately not in the user unit.

Only possible way is to hold a cam onto it :/

As far as I remember hearing/reading

Lots of members joined evolution and wipeout as a franchise will continue sometime in the future

Toma

Well that sucks, so no decent way to live stream? I suppose I could set up my GS3 for it, but that's difficult. :'(

I'd have livestreamed the hell out of it it if it were possible. Some still have the hopes that this is what the mystery plug on top of the console might be for in a later fw update, but no one really knows.

As far as I remember hearing/reading

Lots of members joined evolution and wipeout as a franchise will continue sometime in the future

Oh really? I remember hearing that the Vita Wipeout was officially the last Wipeout. I sure hope it isnt, though.

Domus is kicking my arse in Sine Mora.

Got up to that damn boss last night with 8 continues and pissed them all away on that bastard haha.. It's the last segment with the red energy beams that fire back at you in the narrow sections. SO hard.

This game. So amazing.

Toma

Domus is kicking my arse in Sine Mora.

Got up to that damn boss last night with 8 continues and pissed them all away on that bastard haha.. It's the last segment with the red energy beams that fire back at you in the narrow sections. SO hard.

This game. So amazing.

Which level is that? I am currently on the level with the turning wheel thingie that I need to fly through. Cant finish that thing >_<

Which level is that? I am currently on the level with the turning wheel thingie that I need to fly through. Cant finish that thing >_<

Bingo, the turning wheel thingie.

I can get up to that stage super quick now, but just haven't gotten the right speed/accuracy for Domus.

Slightly OT, but that section in Stage II or III where you have to fly amongst the garbage through the lasers always ruins my score too. I think I'm doing something wrong 'cause I always use up a continue or two there as well.

SRTtoZ

Can't agree with that sentence at all. I wouldn't mind swapping my black Vita for a white one.

Thats what Im doing although instead of selling the black one I might give it to my cuz for xmas. He was obsessed with it during vacation.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can't agree with that sentence at all. I wouldn't mind swapping my black Vita for a white one.

Spats does not care about black hardwares.

So I wanna upgrade my mem card. I currently have an 8 gig but it's not enough. Is there a link to how to switch cards?

Backup utility in content manager (you may have to wait 30 mins to an hour for the card to backup) to your PS3/PC. Then switch cards, content manager utility->restore back-up (wait another 30mins to an hour) TAH-DAH. Card updated.

And you ned to send me more naughty photos.

Hey guys wanna read a article? Except...

It's a good article!

Edit:

Damn forget shop to are banned- apologies ill delete link but it's in their site if you wanna read it!

bradigor

Just noticed I have a weird scratch / lit pixel type thing on my screen.

I bought it second hand, so likely nothing I can do about it officially. However, is there anything I could to the screen to reduce the visibility (apply a screen protector, etc). It only really shows on a light background and can just about be ignored.

Will try and grab a picture later if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom