• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

This game isn't made by Atlus, and was originally funded by Ignition.

at this time it's a joint development between atlus and vanillaware, it's not solely an atlus game but it is being made by atlus, and without atlus it likely would have been cancelled.

Shahed

It's weird in that now that I'm on my US Account and playing PSP games, I'm enjoying my Vita a lot more than I have done recently when playing Vita games

Hey i'm right there with you bud. I love fishing in RL, but hate seafood and am scared of the ocean (thanks Jaws) so I don't get to do it very often. Sega Bass Fishing was one of the Dreamcast games I picked up and loved it.

I just couldn't seperate the joking from the reals. Honestly without the anime girls the game looks pretty good actually. $20 is a good impulse price to jump on for me.

Come on vitabro, you're not thinking this through. It's not a direct dirty port. They added quite a bit new content and had to redub at least one voice. It came out well after PS2 was dying down and PS3 was rising so a lot of people, even hardcore rpger's like myself never got a chance to play it so this was a perfect way to get it into more peoples hands. Also Atlus is a Niche game publisher so any game they put out is a risk to them so don't say they don't care. Crapcom will shit in your hand, charge you to play the DLC corn already hid in it and call it a day so theres no comparison.

The only message it sends is "you wasted money supporting this platform."

Really people. If you like a game and it's a quality port, buy the fucking thing. Period.

Tomodachi

Why was that expected? They're usually super quick. In customs or something?
Well the last time I got something from them was some PS2 game (Persona 3 FES at launch, I guess), so many years ago. I seem to remember it took about 2-3 weeks to get games from overseas (I'm in Italy), even though VGP ships immediately when something's in stock. I guess Italian mail service sucks or something. How many days does it usually take to receive something from VGP in the UK?

I also never got a game from VGP blocked at customs (plus customs fees) before, I hope nothing has changed but every day I don't see the package in my mailbox the fear grows :(

Preach it man. Also, just followed all of you vitabros on twitter lol.

Takao

Banned
Ah, so Atlus game announced and created by Atlus? Bear in mind that Atlus has some SMT people working on the project now.

negativeman.png

Yes, games Atlus Japan makes. I wouldn't want to support Vanillaware for what they did to XSEED anyways.

As for Atlus, I suspect the Persona 3 movies will be the time they bring Persona to Nintendo hardware. Probably Persona 3DS since both Vita, and PS3 can play Persona 3.

Noi

Yes, games Atlus Japan makes. I wouldn't want to support Vanillaware for what they did to XSEED anyways.

As for Atlus, I suspect the Persona 3 movies will be the time they bring Persona to Nintendo hardware. Probably Persona 3DS since both Vita, and PS3 can play Persona 3.

The PSP already has a gimped version of Persona 3, we don't need a second one.

Massa

The only message it sends is "you wasted money supporting this platform."

Really people. If you like a game and it's a quality port, buy the fucking thing. Period.

This is how I go about it as well. I spend my money on games that interest me, I don't look at my purchases as charity donations.

I haven't bought a single Capcom game this generation but that will change when Dragon's Dogma comes out on PSN.

This is how I go about it as well. I spend my money on games that interest me, I don't look at my purchases as charity donations.

I haven't bought a single Capcom game this generation but that will change when Dragon's Dogma comes out on PSN.

Dragon's Dogma is about the only capcom game that has interested me in a very long time. The only reason for that is the praise it gets from people on GAF so I want to give it a try. But I'm buying it used just so capcom doesn't see a dime of it because well screw capcom that's why.

Noi

Dragon's Dogma is about the only capcom game that has interested me in a very long time. The only reason for that is the praise it gets from people on GAF so I want to give it a try. But I'm buying it used just so capcom doesn't see a dime of it because well screw capcom that's why.

Wait for Dark Arisen or whatever it's called. They're pulling a SFIV and making the DLC expansion available via buying a new disc.

Shahed

Really don't see why Square released Dissida 012 when they did. It wasn't a great deal needed and I think they would have been better of making it for Vita (or 3DS/PS3)

Seeing all the jaggies on the Vita screen is jarring. Haven't had the same problem with other PSP games. Besides seeing a gimped Lightning model looks weird, in the same way Kratos and Drake look weird in PSABR.

Tomodachi

The Final Fantasy sale page on the EU web store is still endlessly loading. You'd think they would fix that in a couple hours. Then again, one day later...

Oh Sony.

Skyzard

Banned
thank you very much for checking this out for us! i didn't expect the framerate to be that good, since the performance on consoles is pretty weak too. i think i may still buy the game, but only when it is on sale.

No problem at all, I checked it a few more times as well for good measure and thought I'd make a correction in that it feels slightly better in the full game (slightly less slowdown),it's not a big difference and there are levels that play a bit worse than those in the demo too. It's not much difference, the demo is fairly representative.

I'd say if the fps bothers you a little in the demo then absolutely wait for a price drop but if you do pick it up for full price (if you can't wait anymore) then it will still be a good buy, the game is wicked. I just hope for more fps fixes as it would make my enjoyment go from 3* to 5* for me, I'm quite picky about it though.

I'm quite a big Mario kart fan but the series was getting stale after the ds and wii versions for me and I need my karting fix, tried mod nation road trip which had a horrible fps for me, decent game otherwise but yeah just doesn't compare to fun of Mario kart solely due to the lag. Sega racing transformed would have felt revolutionary at 30fps locked (and maybe slightly cooler weapons like modnations).

spats

The Final Fantasy sale page on the EU web store is still endlessly loading. You'd think they would fix that in a couple hours. Then again, one day later...

Oh Sony.

Kaz Hirai's plans to make Sony a more agile company still hasn't reached SCEE it seems.

Takao

Banned
Disney is smarter than Capcom:

[in response to a question about Disney Infinity not being on Vita]

"I can not comment, sorry."

Did I see people bashing the Capcom ports earlier? :lolololol

UMvC3 on this thing is amazing. I can't say much concerning the quality of the SFxT port since I haven't tried out that yet, but you're talking out your ass if you're calling UMvC3 bad or lazy or anything of the sort.

Mr E.

Why the high price on EDF? It's port of a budget title.
It's getting generally favourable reviews but getting negged for the premium price.

If its P3Fes, Ill triple dip.

Mr E.

it's going to kill sales imo. there's no way i'm paying that much for it.
Your bang on there. A decent entry price turns this into a must have. Premium price means ill use the cash for a premium game.

Vita only owners may bite but Multi console/handhelds owner are spoilt for choice. It doesn't do enough to elevate it from the crowd.

World 4? it gets a little easier after that.

World 7 was being problematic for me. World 6 was iffy. Starting World 8 now.

Your bang on there. A decent entry price turns this into a must have. Premium price means ill use the cash for a premium game.

Vita only owners may bite but Multi console/handhelds owner are spoilt for choice. It doesn't do enough to elevate it from the crowd.

I generally roll with this mentality as well.
Look at Dead Space 3 -- I'm a fanatic, but the only way I decided to get the game day 1 was because I got free DLC and a $20 credit at Amazon making it essentially $40.
If I can get a brand new AAA title for $40 at launch, why the hell am I going to pay $40 for EDF when it's never been a AAA type game? I got Insect Armageddon for <$15 on Steam... you can get the 360/PS3 disc for cheap too.
Again, look at Dokuro -- I'm tied to that purchase forever once I make it. Was I willing to drop $20 on something I didn't know I would like? No. Once the sale kicked on for $10? Sold.
Or Sumioni. I won't touch it for $20. Not even for $15... but you hit $10 or under? Maybe.
Same goes for just about any game with me. Hence why I'll consider Stranger's Wrath once it hits the discount price... :p

Mr E.

Practicing a few strokes on HSG.
Ok I'll have a bash on the daily Int tourney.
You must update your vita. Oh bummer.

I usually get nervous with these things. 3 minutes left. I feel like a grandfather outside the maternity ward waiting to see if its a boy or girl.

Edit. She's delivered a bouncing baby Vita. Thank goodness it seems healthy. Gonna take her out on the links now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom