• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

wilflare

Nice, another PS+ update in which I don't own any of the games.

this makes me feel.. hmm that i bought it at 14USD during a Vita PSN sale and never played it ><

EDIT: Top of the Page
(1) GET PS+ - you get awesome games pls
(2) GET Spelunky - there is no excuse
(3) GET EDF - if you like multiplayer madness
(4) GET another Vita :p

I was afraid i would have to drop another $100.

Why the fuck is the 32GB so goddamn expensive? it's $99 at bestbuy.. I thought they price dropped it?!?!

It should be $80, that's what they dropped it to.

Not much of a drop, but it's something I guess.

RalchAC

I was afraid i would have to drop another $100.

Why the fuck is the 32GB so goddamn expensive? it's $99 at bestbuy.. I thought they price dropped it?!?!

I think the price drop is in September, right?

And, why don't you wait until BlackFriday or something? I won't buy a 32gb card until I found them sub 50€. They are 65 now (thanks god there isn't a 1:1 conversion in memory prices), so I could probably find one for "cheap" in something like the "day without taxes" in Media Mark or something (is basically 21% discount on everything...)

smr00

Banned
I think the price drop is in September, right?

And, why don't you wait until BlackFriday or something? I won't buy a 32gb card until I found them sub 50€. They are 65 now (thanks god there isn't a 1:1 conversion in memory prices), so I could probably find one for "cheap" in something like the "day without taxes" in Media Mark or something (is basically 21% discount on everything...)
How easy is it to transfer your stuff? I might just grab a 16gb.

I already know 8gb won't be enough unless i want to continue to swap stuff out within the first month and i really don't want to do that. I could probably stretch 16gb out for 2-3 months.

I already know 8gb won't be enough unless i want to continue to swap stuff out within the first month and i really don't want to do that. I could probably stretch 16gb out for 2-3 months.

honestly i didn't find it THAT hard to transfer... its like doing it for your ipad/iphone etc..more or less... i made a 4gb card work for about 8 months till i found a 32gb cheap.

it really helped me curb the backlog and only keep/play the necessary games from PS+ and that i bought. ever since the 32gb... its just an endless dump of games i dont play but keep on for the hell of it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Honestly, If I had extra dosh lying around, I'd get another Vita just for my JP account. It's that much of a hassle to me backing up/restoring etc.. just to play Type 0

used Vita go between $120~140 so cheap but not worth it just for one or two PSP games.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My local Gamestops here still have the $199 bundle that comes with a year of PS+, a voucher for Unit 13 and a memory card. Was tempted to buy one of those and sell my old one because its kind of beat up but I couldn't sell my old Vita off. Too much of a connection with it :(

Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for one.

wilflare

My local Gamestops here still have the $199 bundle that comes with a year of PS+, a voucher for Unit 13 and a memory card. Was tempted to buy one of those and sell my old one because its kind of beat up but I couldn't sell my old Vita off. Too much of a connection with it :(

I'm still trying to find a good price on that Unit 13 (to buy it)
but hmm.. lol with all these PS+ stuff maybe I'll hold back

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

it is just a piece of plastic and some other chips.

I'd sell mine in a heartbeat when/if they release a new model.

Novocaine

OMG, you need a shotgun? Already missed some money, rope or bomb requests. How the hell am I gonna make a shotgun?
Hope those requests are random, or are they fixed?

My worst death was because of one of those helping AI chars.
I planted a bomb and he threw it right back at me. What an asshole, I bought him from the shop. He was supposed to be my slave :(
Didn't know whether I should laugh or cry about it.

The shotgun request is fixed, there are a few ways to get one.

1 - Legitimately buy one from one of the shops. You can get one in the black market for sure, but you will need money. Hint/spoiler:
Open the locked chest in the first world for a marker that flashes when you are near the hidden entrance in the 2nd world

2 - In world 2, if you get "The Dead are Restless" on one of the levels check underneath the gravestones, I more than not find a shotgun in these levels.

3 - Kill a shopkeeper for his. The easiest way to do it is if he has a machete or shotgun for sale, pick it up (not buy) and kill him. There is also the isolated one you sometimes find with 2 treasure chests, if you have enough bombs you can blast down into the area and drop a bomb inside for a 1 shot kill. The problem with this method is you have to deal with an angry shopkeeper at the end of every level now, but most of the time he is easy to kill or avoid.

nampad

The shotgun request is fixed, there are a few ways to get one.

1 - Legitimately buy one from one of the shops. You can get one in the black market for sure, but you will need money. Hint/spoiler:
Open the locked chest in the first world for a marker that flashes when you are near the hidden entrance in the 2nd world

2 - In world 2, if you get "The Dead are Restless" on one of the levels check underneath the gravestones, I more than not find a shotgun in these levels.

3 - Kill a shopkeeper for his. The easiest way to do it is if he has a machete or shotgun for sale, pick it up (not buy) and kill him. There is also the isolated one you sometimes find with 2 treasure chests, if you have enough bombs you can blast down into the area and drop a bomb inside for a 1 shot kill. The problem with this method is you have to deal with an angry shopkeeper at the end of every level now, but most of the time he is easy to kill or avoid.

Yeah, I just saw that he really wants a shotgun.
Don't know what you mean by black market and the spoiler.

Novocaine

Yeah, I just saw that he really wants a shotgun.
Don't know what you mean by black market and the spoiler.

Hopefully this makes sense, I'm shit at explaining stuff.

Ok, so in the first world in one of the levels there will be a locked chest and a key spread out through the level. If you open it you will get an item called the Udjat Eye. It does 2 things, first it will reveal what is inside blocks with gold in them and whether or not its a gem or item, but more importantly during the 2nd world in a random level it will help you find the hidden black market level.

The closer you get to its location the more the eye will flash and click. The black market door is always hidden and you need bombs to expose it.

nampad

Hopefully this makes sense, I'm shit at explaining stuff.

Ok, so in the first world in one of the levels there will be a locked chest and a key spread out through the level. If you open it you will get an item called the Udjat Eye. It does 2 things, first it will reveal what is inside blocks with gold in them and whether or not its a gem or item, but more importantly during the 2nd world in a random level it will help you find the hidden black market level.

The closer you get to its location the more the eye will flash and click. The black market door is always hidden and you need bombs to expose it.

Thank you.

RalchAC

I'm still trying to find a good price on that Unit 13 (to buy it)
but hmm.. lol with all these PS+ stuff maybe I'll hold back

Don't do it, man. EU had Unit13 in July. You need to be strong and wait. Zipper is dead anyway, so you don't have to support anyone

It's easy. The only problem is with the speed, but you can just... put the Vita dowloading stuff and cook or whatever. Anyway, I'm not the best guy to ask. I've bought my Vita recently, so I don't have played so many games.

By the way, I'm downloading Soul Sacrifice demo. And I proved Near (don't know why it exists, but whatever) and there is like 12 people 2 km around. And, is not exactly "around". I live my city last street. So at one side there is only.. country. I was susprised. But, well, Spain is Sonyland.

It's easy. The only problem is with the speed, but you can just... put the Vita dowloading stuff and cook or whatever. Anyway, I'm not the best guy to ask. I've bought my Vita recently, so I don't have played so many games.

By the way, I'm downloading Soul Sacrifice demo. And I proved Near (don't know why it exists, but whatever) and there is like 12 people 2 km around. And, is not exactly "around". I live my city last street. So at one side there is only.. country. I was susprised. But, well, Spain is Sonyland.
I will NEVER understand Near.

cafemomo

I couldn't sell my old Vita off. Too much of a connection with it :(

My Vita and my Micro will always be with me. I'll never sell em off <3
such a wonderful pair
iSrimck.jpg

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm really sick of drooling over what eu gets then not downloading a single thing NA gets. Can't wait till my sub runs out so I can grab an EU subscription.

wilflare

Don't do it, man. EU had Unit13 in July. You need to be strong and wait. Zipper is dead anyway, so you don't have to support anyone

I'll resist and hang on then. Many of the PS+ updates are games I already have (I'm not complaining!) The US PS+ more than makes up for things!

Shengar

I already have Rayman Origins from the sale, and I'm not really interested in GTA LCS. But I guess my sister would be happy about this.

Novocaine

Aw man, I just had the best setup for Spelunky. Jetpack on first level, Shotgun on 2nd, 2 bee hives for the health, and then I slipped up and died before getting out of the jungle.

Shengar

I don't think Nintendo has made a game as good as rayman origins in basically a decade let alone a platformer. The only exception may be fire emblem 3ds, but I'm a sucker for rpgs

Fire Emblem Awakening still the sole reason why I play my 3DS more than my Vita
please don't kill
I really wish Sony's handheld and console have their own "fire emblem", preferably something with "valkyria" and "chronicles" as its name. But the IP owner spit on my face for that idea alone (they hate money).

wilflare

please don't kill
I really wish Sony's handheld and console have their own "fire emblem", preferably something with "valkyria" and "chronicles" as its name. But the IP owner spit on my face for that idea alone (they hate money).

I really think Sony (Shahid) does have some very nice surprises for us with #jrpgvita
He really delivered on a number of great games during Gamescom.
Give them a few more months, Vita is just starting with its second (?) year

Is there a better way to resize a PSX emulated game that I don't know about? Seems like the only way to adjust the custom screen settings is by using the touch screen, which is so absurdly lacking in finesse I'm unsure why its an option at all. The keep proportions toggle only seems to stretch the image horizontally as well. Why can't I adjust this precisely with the dpad?

Apath

I really think Sony (Shahid) does have some very nice surprises for us with #jrpgvita
I think we're in the tail end of its second year.

I'm really sick of drooling over what eu gets then not downloading a single thing NA gets. Can't wait till my sub runs out so I can grab an EU subscription.

Except then you have to deal with changing accounts all the time, unless you just want the PS3 content.

This is why I'm always musing that, should Sony give me a one time pass to migrate all my account data (licenses, trophies, etc.) to an EU account, I'd do it and never look back.

Shengar

I've notice a pattern where big Japanese IP holder usually are harder to let their IP get localized while smaller one usually gave us surprise by bringing some title overseas. If my assumption is correct, then Shahid might actually try to convince these "biggies".

I've notice a pattern where big Japanese IP holder usually are harder to let their IP get localized while smaller one usually gave us surprise by bringing some title overseas. If my assumption is correct, then Shahid might actually try to convince these "biggies".

There hasn't been any big jrpg for vita though, and really the only ones that haven't already been announced are the Tales remakes and super niche stuff like that mind game and compile heart shit. Even that curry game and panty sniffing dungeon crawler are coming.

please don't kill

It depends on individual. My 3DS XL is languishing in my drawer after 150 hours of MH3U. Now waiting for MH4 to launch on it. Besides MH, I can't seem to get into 3DS titles. Do note that my 3DS XL has carbon fibre skin on it and it looks absolutely sleek!

I find myself playing the Vita more these days. Dragon's Crown alone is taking up most of the time, and KZ Mercenary beta as well. KZ Merc is REALLY REALLY good. Sometimes I wish I could just pop solo into the map and admire the sceneries.

Not to mention there are tons of free games from PS+ subscription. The Vita is owning it for me.

Christ, I'm beginning to become addicted to Spelunky.

also, I'd like to take this moment in time to state the undisputable fact that the 2DS is the most beautiful handheld ever made.
all jokes aside, replace "2DS" with "PSVita"

Shengar

There hasn't been any big jrpg for vita though, and really the only ones that haven't already been announced are the Tales remakes and super niche stuff like that mind game and compile heart shit. Even that curry game and panty sniffing dungeon crawler are coming.

These things really boggles my mind. I mean, Aksys Game released a PSP otome game not just digitally but also physically? That's crazy. Meanwhile, Namco Bandai have no plan releasing Tales for Vita even though they are quite a big names on the west compared to other usualy stuff we have from Japan. I don't know how this world work anymore :(

Shengar

It depends on individual. My 3DS XL is languishing in my drawer after 150 hours of MH3U. Now waiting for MH4 to launch on it. Besides MH, I can't seem to get into 3DS titles. Do note that my 3DS XL has carbon fibre skin on it and it looks absolutely sleek!

I find myself playing the Vita more these days. Dragon's Crown alone is taking up most of the time, and KZ Mercenary beta as well. KZ Merc is REALLY REALLY good. Sometimes I wish I could just pop solo into the map and admire the sceneries.

Not to mention there are tons of free games from PS+ subscription. The Vita is owning it for me.
Yeah, its really depends on the individual gaming taste. Mainly the lack of newer turn-based RPG on Vita makes me play my 3DS more.
Woke up and found Rayman free on PS+.

BUT I JUST BOUGHT IT 2 WEEKS AGO.

*bangs head*

I almost shot myself for that too :(

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Did I miss discussion on the 2.61 update? I haven't picked up my vita all day until now and it was there. I'm assuming nothing significant or I would see some chatter about it, right?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Woke up and found Rayman free on PS+.

BUT I JUST BOUGHT IT 2 WEEKS AGO.

*bangs head*

GOD FUCKING-DAMN IT!

ANOTHER ONE!

I SWEAR SONY IS PLAYING A LET'S-MAKE-FUN-OF-LAUGHING BANANA EVERY DAY!

*Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Yeah, its really depends on the individual gaming taste. Mainly the lack of newer turn-based RPG on Vita makes me play my 3DS more.

I almost shot myself for that too :(

I'm not a big fan of RPG. In fact, I've never really finished any JRPG. The only one I played last generation was probably Disgaea (cause it was hilarious..but I hated the grind) and Jeanne D'Arc.

I have never played even 10% of any FF game. Didn't even pick up Persona on the Vita.

Top Bottom