• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

Danneee

many things can be done with Saints Row.

- a SR game set in Stilwater -so same SR1/2 city- after the boss left to steelport, play as low rank 3rd street saints guy to be new boss. (this wont costs much since it'll be like an Expansion pack to SR2)
- Revive Saints Row: Drive-By the cancelled 3DS game.
- just ports, SR Stilwater collection (1/2 ports) or Steelport (3/4)

these options will not costs Deep Silver and Volition much and having the series on Vita where nothing similar to it available mean potential of good sales since there is no other alternative.

Someone HAVE to have an open world game planned for Vita, a port or spin off where most assets are already there should make up for the money spent on development and then some. A known franchise like SR should be able to make good sales even.

I hope Sony puts some more money into marketing the Vita together with the PS4 now.

Still need Lysander Z for Storm 1 in EDF. :(
Anyone know where it drops?
This guide for the Xbox version says level 42 and above on Inferno difficulty (well, that would actually be level 43 in the Vita version since it has an extra one before that). There are a bunch of farming guides for the Z out there for that version which should work on Portable too.

I should probably try to get back into EDF again. Got to the point where I needed to grind for health, and it was just mindless and boring. Weapons farming actually had some degree of risk, like dropping bombs down the spider hole, or my favorite - taking out the second all Hector city level using the mech, armed only with a limit booster and a healing spray.

I know lol but still...
Chartz is a banned site (most of its numbers are of highly questionable origin). I wouldn't risk letting a moderator see you quoting it.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Lengendary Mercenary Kickbeating with Valhalla Knights.
Don't think the Valhalla Knights date has been officially confirmed by XSeed yet. Wouldn't be surprised if it slips to next month.

Muzy72

Banned
Why am I so garbage at FPS games :/

I wanna like Killzone sooo bad, but I can't even move two fucking seconds without getting killed >_<

Ponn

Banned

I wanna like Killzone sooo bad, but I can't even move two fucking seconds without getting killed >_<

You're not alone. I tried the demo/beta. It certainly looks pretty but after the umpteenth time of being shot dead immediately after respawning I just deleted it. I used to play Tribes/Quake and original Battlefield on PC like mad back in my PC days but I just do not have the patience to put the time into them needed to be anywhere near fun for me anymore nor the desire. Alot like fighting games but with fighting games I can still appreciate the art style and fun factor of some single player ones like UMvsC3 and Persona 4 Arena.

OmegaZero

This guide for the Xbox version says level 42 and above on Inferno difficulty (well, that would actually be level 43 in the Vita version since it has an extra one before that). There are a bunch of farming guides for the Z out there for that version which should work on Portable too.

I should probably try to get back into EDF again. Got to the point where I needed to grind for health, and it was just mindless and boring. Weapons farming actually had some degree of risk, like dropping bombs down the spider hole, or my favorite - taking out the second all Hector city level using the mech, armed only with a limit booster and a healing spray.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Loved using a limit boosted mech to tear through Hectors on Inferno as well.

Hopefully Sandlot will get EFD4 on the Vita someday.

Buy it for the single player and play on easy until you start to get the hang of it. That's what I do. I wish there was a co-op mode like Resistance 2 though. Strangely enough, while I'm awful at competitive FPS modes, I tend to do quite well in co-op ones.

Sid

What stuff are you looking forward to anyway chap? Surely something at Gamescom tickled your fancy for the Vita?
Nah nothing from Gamescom,these are the Vita games I'm looking forward to:
Dragon's Crown
Batman
Killzone
Rayman
Tearaway
Ys

Borderlands is not my thing.

Moobabe

Nah nothing from Gamescom,these are the Vita games I'm looking forward to:

Dragon's Crown
Batman
Killzone
Rayman
Tearaway
Ys

Rayman? I thought the Vita version was the inferior one? I'm only going on what I've read though.

Dragon's Crown is on my list, hope there's a demo though. Killzone is a maybe, Batman if it gets good reviews and Tearaway is a definite for me too.

Sid

Rayman? I thought the Vita version was the inferior one? I'm only going on what I've read though.

Dragon's Crown is on my list, hope there's a demo though. Killzone is a maybe, Batman if it gets good reviews and Tearaway is a definite for me too.
I know it's some missing some levels but I'll make do,portable Rayman is best Rayman.

Il be def after killzone, dragons crown and Ys. Others are a maybe depending on seeing more footage.

Oh I talked to a guy at the local game. Should be getting some more hands on with remote play in the next few weeks apparently.

Top Bottom