• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

Jawmuncher

Why? It is already cheaper than the console versions by 20 bucks.

That is true but I personally have no interest in the console versions. I doubt that a fully featured Vita version at 40 was going to undercut the system sales. So all I see is a lack of content regardless of what the console versions are priced at.

Would have to be at least 10 off at this point with all the cuts and auto play.
$10 is a lot. I was thinking more like $35 instead of $40. Keep in mind this includes two exclusives costumes + levels. It also features LAN co-op and touch screen Murphy levels.

If you don't have a Wii U, VITA is still the best version to get IMO.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
That is true but I personally have no interest in the console versions. I doubt that a fully featured Vita version at 40 was going to undercut the system sales. So all I see is a lack of content regardless of what the console versions are priced at.

They may be doing this because of cart limitations (the game has to fit into a 4 GB cart). And they may still offer the content as DLC, as others have mentioned.

Jawmuncher

They may be doing this because of cart limitations (the game has to fit into a 4 GB cart). And they may still offer the content as DLC, as others have mentioned.

That might indeed be the case. If I knew the content was coming I'd feel better buying it at 40 as odd as that sounds. Just because then I could play the content later on.

$10 is a lot. I was thinking more like $35 instead of $40. Keep in mind this includes two exclusives costumes + levels. It also features LAN co-op and touch screen Murphy levels.

Yeah wont lie and say I wasn't being greedy with the 10 off. Still like I said in the above post my biggest concern is if they'll offer it as DLC or not.

Moobabe

Hes says "New ips" also so its difficult to say how far their reach extends. We cannot exactly ask for a specific new ip. As for people asking for Legend of Dragoon, Alundra, Etc those would be Sonys first party (unless they outsource a sequel) so those would be Yoshida requests.

I see - I would have thought 'New IP' would mean something like Rogue Legacy. I'm not sure "We want a Fallout spinoff on Vita" works quite the same way.

Regardless - this is great stuff. This news, coupled with the news that Sony is 'aware' that prices on mobile games need to get lower, I might see some cool Japanese stuff in my Vita before long.

Anyway - what do we have coming out soon? I'm still on the fence with Killzone - a little FPS fatigue goes a long way. Tearaway will be wonderful. Outside of those two I've been out of the loop as far as releases go.

Oh - also - fuck you Sony for making Stealth Inc FREE after about 2 weeks. That's the last time I buy a game like that on the day of release.

Massa

No it is not. It is the worst version to get, as it's missing the most challenging levels in the game.

Twinduct

Ah man, that Rayman stuff seems kinda weird to me. Gonna hold off until there is some more confirmation.

Btw was online c-op confirmed?

So I just realized EDF is 19.99 is that a sale price or the current price now?
I believe it's just the sale price. It was noticed by a Gaffer around Tuesdays store update. They usually have stealth sales, also, where the PS Blog never seems to know about them in advance.

If you are on the fence, buy it!. You will be kicking yourself if it jumps back up to 40 in 3 days if you don't!

jwk94

I will still get Legends for the Vita, I'll just pick it up later on Steam for a few bucks again - did the same with Origins (3-4€).

It just works, nothing special to set up.
Both (PS3/Vita) are on the same Network? WiFi enabled on the Vita?

Yep. Same WIFI and WIFI on Vita is enabled. Do I need to purchase two separate copies of the game? I was just using the same copy on a different PSN account for the PS3.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Why? It is already cheaper than the console versions by 20 bucks.

I think I am okay with no invasion levels. It is 20 bucks less, and is already chock full of content without the extra levels.

In the UK it's around the same price. There's about a £2 difference between PS3 and Vita versions on Amazon. Also the Steam version is cheaper with all the content.

Also lol at trying to justify this. If you allow this shit to happen they're going to keep doing this. They didn't remove levels when the ported the Vita version of Origins. That wouldn't have been ok. Stop acting like this is ok. It isn't. And the invasion levels seem like a pretty significant chunk of the game, and many have even said those levels are the BEST part of the game. We're arguably not getting the best parts of the game. This is not ok. We need to complain about this and we need to let Ubisoft know they cannot screw us over like this or we're going to get an unfinished game and maybe even more unfinished games from Ubisoft in the future.

That's alright, thanks though. I remember Liberation looking really promising before its' release, and then a few things set it back off my 'must have' list, firstly the reviews were mediocre, the price was too high for too long, and so forth. If you can, though, post some impressions after you've played a bit of it. :)
I really enjoyed Liberation at start - was great having an open world to explore on a handheld, and the New Orleans setting was interesting (even if I missed the massive structures of the previous AC games). I grew less enchanted with it as I went along though, as the main plot felt disjointed and some of the gameplay mechanics quickly became tedious. Some of the trophies were awful too, requiring you to spend hours grinding the completely broken multiplayer strategy game or just bumping into a wall to rack up "miles climbed". Still, over all I'm ok with the purchase - if you want an open world game on the Vita it gets the job done.

4 Player local co-op and extra levels/modes means the console version is better IMHO.
Extra levels? Guys, these are the same levels, right? Only we will have a different combination of enemies this time around. There is no extra mode missing beside this "Invasion" of specific levels. The missing Lums are there because of the missing "Invasion" levels just like Time Trial had one single Lum in Origins.

VITA also has local co-op unless i am missing something here. Neither version of the game has online co-op.

I am not trying to justify this move but i still think that people are overreacting to this news. These levels would be good for the hardcore players but for the casual folks, the game has everything and also has exclusives thrown in the mix, which are absent from console version.

Velcro Fly

Extra levels? Guys, these are the same levels, right? Only we will have a different combination of enemies this time around. There is no extra mode missing beside this "Invasion" of specific levels. The missing Lums are there because of the missing "Invasion" levels just like Time Trial had one single Lum in Origins.

VITA also has local co-op unless i am missing something here. Neither version of the game has online co-op.

I am not trying to justify this move but i still think that people are overreacting to this news. These levels would be good for the hardcore players but for the casual folks, the game has everything and also has exclusives thrown in the mix, which are absent from console version.

It's mostly the idea that people were in on the Vita version and then suddenly the weekend before release we realize we aren't getting all the levels. I'm sure if Ubisoft says why it will help but it stings.

First of all: Dustforce on the Vita? Hell yes, sold if it's a solid 60fps.

Secondly, what happened with Legends? I see people talking about cancelling preorders and stuff. Is there anything else that happened in the past few days that I missed?

Massa

GAF is not a forum for casual gamers. The Invasion levels are the best challenge in the game, it's over 30 levels and it's a huge omission for the Vita version. I'm not just skipping this game at full price, I'm never buying it on the Vita period.

If you're just a casual gamer I'd recommend the Rayman game on iOS or Android for $3.

c'mon...

who are you going to play local co-op with on your vita?
I meant LAN/Ad-hoc co-op. This was missing even from Origins and is now included in Legends.

GAF is not a forum for casual gamers. The Invasion levels are the best challenge in the game, it's over 30 levels and it's a huge omission for the Vita version. I'm not just skipping this game at full price, I'm never buying it on the Vita period.

If you're just a casual gamer I'd recommend the Rayman game on iOS or Android for $3.
Nah, i am not that casual to settle with the simple auto running Rayman on iOS/Android. It sucks that these challenges are missing but with the price tag, i don't mind it much. Easier Platinum for me, lol.

I enjoyed the Time Trial challenge in Rayman Origins but some of the later ones were really frustrating to me. I can understand your frustration. It is your decision which version you wanna get.

It is not a bad port at least. It has native res + 60 fps. Remember Origins on 3DS.

anddo0

Seeking a VitaBro to play one game of co-op in Unit 13. It's the last trophy I need for the plat.

edit: lol nvm. I found I game. The dude hosting quit before the map loaded. I got the trophy anyway.

Disappointed about Rayman Legends missing those Invasion levels. They were the best part of the demo! I'll be picking up the PS3 version instead.

Been playing EDF this week, thanks to that surprise sale! Very much worth $20. Here are some pictures I took:

What goes up...
Kqsruuo.jpg
Must come down!

Runs very smooth. I'm up to Mission 7 at the moment. Beating each mission on easy and normal.

I'm thinking of picking up Limbo sometime this weekend. Never played it.

Jawmuncher

Any idea of what sale they'll do for TGS?
Just realized we just had the Japanese Dev sale so I can't think of what they could do now

Jubern

Guys, I stumbled onto something pretty strange.

I have two accounts and two cards on my Vita, JP and EU.
For several weeks I've been playing with my JP card and today I went back to the EU one. I restored the Vita and everything, logged into my EU account and went into the system accounts to activate my system properly.

I installed a few Plus freebies then left home with the Vita. Thing is, it wouldn't let me launch any of the previously installed game without an online check!
For instance, it would launch Jak trilogy that I just installed before leaving no problem, but wouldn't let me launch Virtue's Last Reward that's been on the card for some time. It tried to do an online check, which was obviously not possible since I was out, and gave me an error about no network being available.

Now that I'm back and did the online check for VLR, it doesn't try to do it anymore after quitting and rebooting the game. But in this situation, I'd need to launch every game of my collection at home first, before trying to use it outside, which is a pain in the ass.

It never happened before so I'm not too sure of what's going on. Any ideas? Thanks.

Aytrial

Guys, I stumbled onto something pretty strange.

I have two accounts and two cards on my Vita, JP and EU.
For several weeks I've been playing with my JP card and today I went back to the EU one. I restored the Vita and everything, logged into my EU account and went into the system accounts to activate my system properly.

I installed a few Plus freebies then left home with the Vita. Thing is, it wouldn't let me launch any of the previously installed game without an online check!
For instance, it would launch Jak trilogy that I just installed before leaving no problem, but wouldn't let me launch Virtue's Last Reward that's been on the card for some time. It tried to do an online check, which was obviously not possible since I was out, and gave me an error about no network being available.

Now that I'm back and did the online check for VLR, it doesn't try to do it anymore after quitting and rebooting the game. But in this situation, I'd need to launch every game of my collection at home first, before trying to use it outside, which is a pain in the ass.

It never happened before so I'm not too sure of what's going on. Any ideas? Thanks.

It's not a definitive answer, but maybe it's to check that your PS+ subscription is still valid? I don't know why it would need to do an individual check for each game, but maybe it's a limitation of the OS.

Jawmuncher

It's not a definitive answer, but maybe it's to check that your PS+ subscription is still valid? I don't know why it would need to do an individual check for each game, but maybe it's a limitation of the OS.

More than likely. It's the same case when you add a year of PS+ then add another. But play a game offline that had your old PS+ expiration.

I think we might get PS1/PSP sales.

That seems like the best bet. Japanese Game Developer Legacy sale or something.
Would be a good way to move a lot of those since they never get many sales.

Jubern

Shit, you might be right. The only non-free game I have (Metal Gear Solid PSN Classics) didn't do the check.
Sucks :(

I suppose it's time to buy a full year subscribtion instead of scrubbing with three-months ones. Now that I think about it, it never did until my sub auto-resubbed a few days ago.

Wish they would, like they did with Stealth Inc.

Yeah, we get the one preorder promotion deal where it's got a single vita game (thanks for nothing, Cloudberry Kingdom)... and we don't even get the DLC included. Meanwhile, EU gets it free shortly after release and got the DLC free.

SCEA -- leading by example!

not EDF Insect Armageddon on my PC.

That's a fair comparison.
Of course it runs fine on your PC.
If you're expecting your Vita to outperform a 360 and be on a similar level to your PC, well...

Metalmarc

For the attention of @giocorsi

#Vita Megatons Wishlist

(psp availability of franchises e.g gta, tomb raider or SC etc is not a acceptable excuse to skip a franchise for vita with updated graphics. Say no to jaggies)

Resident Evil Revelations (would totally work) or Resi Evil 4 HD port
NHL 14
GTA 4 port or new game
DeadSpace (ios version exists so why not?)
Star Wars - The Knight of the old Republic (again ios exists why not?)
NBA 14
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row 4 port or spinoff
Assassins Creed 4 spin off
Hitman Absolution or HD collection port
Tomb Raider port or HD collection port
Splinter Cell HD collection port
Devil May Cry 4 port
Vanquish Port
Max Payne (remake 1&2 in HD)
Unreal 3 port
Batman Arkham City port
COD Ghosts
Battlefield 3 port or 4 spinoff
Kingdom Hearts
Soul Calibur 2 HD
Tekken Tag 2 or Hybrid
Assassins Creed Brotherhood port
Red Faction guerrilla port
Type - 0
Plants Vs Zombies 2
Sims 3
Street Fighter 4
Injustice gods among us
Dead Rising 2

If anyone doesnt want to see at least some of the above on the vita, regardless of whether they'd work on the vita or not, shouldn't own a vita, or at least make their own megatons Vita wishlist.

Massa

Yeah, we get the one preorder promotion deal where it's got a single vita game (thanks for nothing, Cloudberry Kingdom)... and we don't even get the DLC included. Meanwhile, EU gets it free shortly after release and got the DLC free.

SCEA -- leading by example!

At least there was a discount for Stealth Inc. And I thought it was dick move to make the game free a month after release, I hope SCEA never does that.

But yeah, SCEA does pre-orders for PS3 games a lot. Just not for Vita, where instead of pre-orders they make the bonus DLC available for everyone in the first week or two.

Resident Evil Revelations (would totally work) or Resi Evil 4 HD port
NHL 14
GTA 4 port or new game
DeadSpace (ios version exists so why not?)
Star Wars - The Knight of the old Republic (again ios exists why not?)
NBA 14
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row 4 port or spinoff
Assassins Creed 4 spin off
Hitman Absolution or HD collection port
Tomb Raider port or HD collection port
Splinter Cell HD collection port
Devil May Cry 4 port
Vanquish Port
Max Payne (remake 1&2 in HD)
Unreal 3 port
Batman Arkham City port
COD Ghosts
Battlefield 3 port or 4 spinoff
Kingdom Hearts
Soul Calibur 2 HD
Tekken Tag 2 or Hybrid
Assassins Creed Brotherhood port
Red Faction guerrilla port
Type - 0
Plants Vs Zombies 2
Sims 3
Street Fighter 4
Injustice gods among us
Dead Rising 2

Kingdom Hearts would be a freaking game changer for me

Tsunamo

I was thinking what if they offer a PS+ discount on Rayman Legends VITA. Will you guys buy it?
It really depends on how much of a discount it is. The digital version is a little more expensive than the retail version here, but if it lowered it down around 10 dollars I'd bite seeing as how I wanted to get it digitally on Vita.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Saints Row 4 port or spinoff.

many things can be done with Saints Row.

- a SR game set in Stilwater -so same SR1/2 city- after the boss left to steelport, play as low rank 3rd street saints guy to be new boss. (this wont costs much since it'll be like an Expansion pack to SR2)
- Revive Saints Row: Drive-By the cancelled 3DS game.
- just ports, SR Stilwater collection (1/2 ports) or Steelport (3/4)

these options will not costs Deep Silver and Volition much and having the series on Vita where nothing similar to it available mean potential of good sales since there is no other alternative.

Top Bottom