• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
awesome :D do you think it helps if more of us emailed him etc

i mean you could....

i signed it "your fans at neogaf" soooo i don't think we should pester and clog up their email. they know we want it...and it sounds like they have discussed it as well... if you want maybe tweet them of send a FB message... or an email in a month or so ya know??

mauaus

Just out of curiosity, what's so special about terraria, if I didn't dig minecraft, would I enjoy terraria?

Moobabe

Levine hasn't given up on BioShock Vita

Keep the hope alive #VitaBros

I wouldn't mind a spin-off featuring Big Daddy and Little Sister

If they bundled the two story DLCs into one, cheaper, Bioshock game I'd probably buy that as well!

Just out of curiosity, what's so special about terraria, if I didn't dig minecraft, would I enjoy terraria?

You might do - it's got a lot more direction to it I think. I enjoyed it less than MC, but it's worth a look on PC if you can get it cheap.

wilflare

i mean you could....

i signed it "your fans at neogaf" soooo i don't think we should pester and clog up their email. they know we want it...and it sounds like they have discussed it as well... if you want maybe tweet them of send a FB message... or an email in a month or so ya know??

true. just tweeted them again :D
hopefully Dustforce.. comes followed by Spire

RalchAC

And I wouldn't mide a spin-off featuring some other reality in Infinite where you actually have a truly epic fight against the SongBird. Maybe where Booker became the hero of the revolution. I think it would be nice and would explain some events from the last half of the game. And it could bring some nice character development for some characters like Slate or Fitzroy (although i think she is a b*tch lol).

Sounds like Ken would be up for doing another game (it being a smaller, portable project probably helps that) and obviously Sony would want more games on the system... I guess it all comes down to 2K. They've seen the hardware sales and haven't released any games (really? no games?) on the system to test the market. It'd be a risk for them.

If they bundled the two story DLCs into one, cheaper, Bioshock game I'd probably buy that as well!
YES. Burial at Sea as one downloadable game for like $10-15 on Vita would do.

I'm also still all for the idea of a 2.5D Metroidvania Bioshock for Vita. Let's tell Ken.

DigitalOp

Banned
Do you have a source for this or are you just guessing?

So far the Vita pricing for FFX and FFX-2 has not been officially revealed. We also don't know from SE if there will or will not be Crossbuy (although it is not hard to guess there won't be). What we DO know is that the games will support cross-save, which is nice.

Its just a little joke, But I do strongly feel that those games will be 40 a pop seperately...

Maybe 30 at least.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Its just a little joke, But I do strongly feel that those games will be 40 a pop seperately...

Maybe 30 at least.

im expecting $26.99-35.99 haha random? maybe.

no way will they be able to get away pricing the bundle on ps3 for 40 ( i think thats what i've read right?) and each individual game for 40 on the vita. zero logic in that.

no way will they be able to get away pricing the bundle on ps3 for 40 ( i think thats what i've read right?) and each individual game for 40 on the vita. zero logic in that.
I certainly wouldn't buy them at $30 each. $25 is fine and they can also offer Week 1 sale of both games for $40 in a digital bundle.

If they're $20 a piece on Vita, I'd hop in, even though I loathed the games the last time I played them. $20 and under and I'll consider almost anything I have a passing interest in, especially on Vita.

If Dragon's Crown was $40 cross-buy or $20 for Vita? Day 1. :lol

antibolo

Banned
After playing Muramasa and being very underwhelmed by how it looks on the Vita (better than Wii, but still disappointing), I'm now thinking about switching my pre-order of Dragon's Crown to PS3. Vanillaware games should be played at the highest resolution possible.

I just wish it was cross play. I think I may have to go to the dark side for this one (PS3).

Based on some of the stuff I've read about control implementation, I won't touch the PS3 version. I'm not about to sit there using the right analog stick to move a pointer around and click on everything. :\

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
After playing Muramasa and being very underwhelmed by how it looks on the Vita (better than Wii, but still disappointing), I'm now thinking about switching my pre-order of Dragon's Crown to PS3. Vanillaware games should be played at the highest resolution possible.

I always thought Muramasa looked great on Vita.

Hubb

Based on some of the stuff I've read about control implementation, I won't touch the PS3 version. I'm not about to sit there using the right analog stick to move a pointer around and click on everything. :\

Well to be fair I haven't looked into the control scheme on either system yet. I just have a small handfull of friends that will get it on the PS3 and no one with a vita.

I probably will play solo here and there, but I imagine I want the bulk of my time to be spent with friends, or even randoms.

antibolo

Banned
I always thought Muramasa looked great on Vita.

Yes, but it would look even better in 1080p. Which is not an option for this game so it's as good as it gets (the original Wii version was obviously worse), but for Dragon's Crown there is an option, so meh, might as well take it.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
olli olli is the game by Roll7.

not sure of their games status. it was in a nice playable form at E3 though.

edit: just emailed them

heard back form them - not sure if they'd want me to post their response - but the general gist is that they are aiming to hit their next milestone end of august...so development is going strong and we should be hearing from them soon!

ZeroAKA

X-2 was great. Good battle system. it was a more lighthearted, less serious game but it was fun. The J-pop stuff is cheesy and I dont like what they did to Yuna but her image change kinda fits into the story in a way.

And you cant forget a game that had songs like this.
I kind of wish FFXIII-2 was more like FFX-2 instead of making the story even more confusing and depressing.

FFX was the beginning of the end for the series. XII was pretty damn good (I even played it twice) but the brand has just never been the same since X.

From X on, they all have interesting combat systems (XIII was my favorite) but the stories have been trash and the exploration in X and XIII was lacking (at least for the 1st half of XIII).

FFX is probably one of the worst 3 Final Fantasy games for me. But I'm still willing to give it another shot, since I loved the Sphere Grid and the combat system (it's at least something to offset the mass of unlike-able characters, walking in a straight line, and horrific story). :p

Moobabe

FFX was the beginning of the end for the series. XII was pretty damn good (I even played it twice) but the brand has just never been the same since X.

That's how I felt. I didn't like X much, skipped X-2, love/hate with XII, LOVED XI, hated XIII, skipping all the XIII related nonsense, playing XIV.

Grinchy

Banned
From X on, they all have interesting combat systems (XIII was my favorite) but the stories have been trash and the exploration in X and XIII was lacking (at least for the 1st half of XIII).

FFX is probably one of the worst 3 Final Fantasy games for me. But I'm still willing to give it another shot, since I loved the Sphere Grid and the combat system (it's at least something to offset the mass of unlike-able characters, walking in a straight line, and horrific story). :p

Yeah I have definitely enjoyed the battle systems, but like you say, the stories and characters have been so terrible. The HD collection coming soon definitely has my interest, but the last time I tried to play FFX (I tried twice) I just couldn't stand it. So I am not really sure why I'm interested haha

I enjoyed X-2 for about 20-30 hours before my PS2 at the time brokel, just don't tell my friends

That's how I felt. I didn't like X much, skipped X-2, love/hate with XII, LOVED XI, hated XIII, skipping all the XIII related nonsense, playing XIV.
Yeah XI was awesome. It was so good I had to actually just sell my account and stop playing. I was spending way too much time on it. And I have really enjoyed the 14 beta. They know how to make an MMO but god the regular series entries have sucked.

mauaus

uugghhh so annoyed with the KZ:M beta, there is no fair matchmaking i always get stuck against 2 or 3 players on my own. NO balancing and then it fucking quits. uughh

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Finally bought a PS Vita today, the Mega Bundle with digital copys of Little Deviants, Little Big Planet and Wipeout an a 8 GB Memory Card for 179€ at the german Amazon.

I am looking forward to use the Vita mainly to play indie games and PS1 games. I really hope that they add Emulation for PS2 titles.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
uugghhh so annoyed with the KZ:M beta, there is no fair matchmaking i always get stuck against 2 or 3 players on my own. NO balancing and then it fucking quits. uughh

thats actually something i'm wondering....is there goingt o be some sort of matchmaking system in order so you are playing with people near your skill level??

Moobabe

Finally bought a PS Vita today, the Mega Bundle with digital copys of Little Deviants, Little Big Planet and Wipeout an a 8 GB Memory Card for 179€ at the german Amazon.

I am looking forward to use the Vita mainly to play indie games and PS1 games. I really hope that they add Emulation for PS2 titles.

Truly the professor of games. Welcome chum.

Is there any way to get the Netflix app on an EU Vita? I thought you used to be able to do it by signing into a US account then doing a reset?

RalchAC

Man, and Blitzball was awesome. Probably my fav. minigame in every FF game I remember. You could speak to people and recruit them in your team, level up... and Jecht's Shot was so imbalanced... I sometimes only played X for this sport.

And if I only founded my old FFXII copy... I know it has to be somewhere, but I don't find it. Back in the day I found it pretty meh but I was like 13 years old. Maybe now I can aprecciate its awesomness.

Lt.Chips

Resistance
Pretty average single player campaign. I had fun with it but its very easy until the last boss which is suddenly stupidly hard. I think it was a 6-7 hour campaign and can be almost platinumed in 1 playthrough. Its online was very laggy and had a poor framerate. I would enjoy i for a game or 2 untill the frame rate started giving me a headache and I had to stop. Was a shame as it had potential to be a lot better online.

Thanks a bunch! 6-7 hour campaign sounds decent, and as I don't really care that much for multiplayer, I might pick up Resistance at some point, if the price is right.

As for CoD, given its 1 hour campaign, I might consider if it's $5 or less :p

Moobabe

Here's my master stroke of the evening:

FIFA.

Ultimate Team.

Vita.

Market it as 'Ultimate Team on the go' - coins carry over from PS3/4 to Vita.

????

Profit.

EA/Sony - you're most welcome.

Noi

The thought that SE would ever actually price a digital-only version of FFX/X-2 HD reasonably is hilarious.
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom