• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

Sol1dus

whats your youtube channel going to be about?

Discussion based channel, with mostly video game opinions and conversations. Though I plan to go into literature and contemporary issues. That is, if I can manage it well this semester (doing my senior seminar). As of right now, I think Tumblr will be a bit easier.

By the way heckanimation, I found out why the code you gave me didn't work. It appears that KZ beta codes are tied to your account. Another person gave me a code and the same thing happened. So for those people looking or codes, you can only use those being given away by Sony reps.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Carmack said that he would like doom 3 on vita and wiiu but he wont do it due to the lack of interest...
Wtf! Id on vita could be awesome! Show him some love, tweet him, yosp and shahid about this!
And while we are at it do the same for bioshock on vita! Levine needs our support!
edit
carmack, not cliff lol

shink

The thought that SE would ever actually price digital-only version of FFX/X-2 HD reasonably is hilarious.
KuGsj.gif

Yup. Not going to happen. Probably $45 AUD each in Australia.

nampad

Yes

https://twitter.com/killzone/status/363024030254632960

"Best pic" sucks.
They should at least one code to everyone who posts a good pic.

Yeah, it totally sucks. They promised codes today and people waited the whole day for anything. Then they have us jump through hoops for ONE beta key?
Especially Europeans have no choice compared to Americans, who at least had a key giveaway yesterday thanks to Gamestop.

Happy that I left home for some drinks instead of waiting for this bullshit.

bradigor

Loving the Killzone beta.

I am rubbish at it, like really rubbish, but I don't feel like the game is impossible to improve at.

Only played a couple of times tonight, but really enjoying what I am playing.

Yeah I have definitely enjoyed the battle systems, but like you say, the stories and characters have been so terrible. The HD collection coming soon definitely has my interest, but the last time I tried to play FFX (I tried twice) I just couldn't stand it. So I am not really sure why I'm interested haha

I enjoyed X-2 for about 20-30 hours before my PS2 at the time brokel, just don't tell my friends

Yeah XI was awesome. It was so good I had to actually just sell my account and stop playing. I was spending way too much time on it. And I have really enjoyed the 14 beta. They know how to make an MMO but god the regular series entries have sucked.

I mean, I liked Lulu from X (maybe Rikku), Fran from XII (but all the characters were pretty bland and interchangeable... the aesthetic was mostly all Fran had going for her, and Fang (and to a lesser extent I can tolerate Lightning/Snow) from XIII. I pretty much hate the rest.

I never tried the MMORPG entries. I doubt I ever will. It's just not my thing.

uugghhh so annoyed with the KZ:M beta, there is no fair matchmaking i always get stuck against 2 or 3 players on my own. NO balancing and then it fucking quits. uughh

STEP YOUR GAME UP.

Man, and Blitzball was awesome. Probably my fav. minigame in every FF game I remember. You could speak to people and recruit them in your team, level up... and Jecht's Shot was so imbalanced... I sometimes only played X for this sport.

And if I only founded my old FFXII copy... I know it has to be somewhere, but I don't find it. Back in the day I found it pretty meh but I was like 13 years old. Maybe now I can aprecciate its awesomness.

I abhor blitzball. I think it might be the worst minigame for me in all of the Final Fantasy games. As for the best? Triple Triad from VIII, without a doubt.

----

P4G question:
I'm in early September timeframe. How long do I have before the major split between good ending/bad ending? How much more of the game do I have left? (I'm trying to figure out how much time I have left so I can knock a couple of the easier trophies that I have left (uh, I need to figure out how to fish or catch bugs still, I guess?) out and get the rest of my traits maxed [dilligence/knowledge/understanding/courage/expression].)

RoKKeR

I can't get over Mercenary, it's so damn good. I'm addicted. GG Cambridge has given Sony a gift with this game, they better use it well.

I can't get over Mercenary, it's so damn good. I'm addicted. GG Cambridge has given Sony a gift with this game, they better use it well.

It's been oblivious since months ago that the west's pricedrop would come the same week as killzone.

One of the few big games of the year just happens to come out a couple of weeks after gamescom? not fooling anyone sony.

Mario007

Any impressions on the 3 PSP persona games? They've all discounted and I thought about picking them up but they seem to be too grindy.

Shinriji

P4G question:
I'm in early September timeframe. How long do I have before the major split between good ending/bad ending? How much more of the game do I have left? (I'm trying to figure out how much time I have left so I can knock a couple of the easier trophies that I have left (uh, I need to figure out how to fish or catch bugs still, I guess?) out and get the rest of my traits maxed [dilligence/knowledge/understanding/courage/expression].)

Beginning of December is the turning point in the game. Getting the traits maxed and max SL for your main party, Rise and Marie should be your first priority right now. Also drive your bike when you are free, if you didn't that before.

Awesome game. So much better than P3.

Shoyz

Killzone grenade throwing is awful. Every time I throw one it doesn't throw it straight, but to the right so it bounces off a wall and kills me.
Rear-touch pad control for zooming in a sniper rifle means that sniping is unplayable. I cannot shoot someone while trying to fiddle with that awful control.
The lack of any spawn priority means that every time I find a spot to try to snipe in, someone will always spawn right behind me by the time I get a single kill.

What a headache..

AmanoBuff

Finally bought a PS Vita today, the Mega Bundle with digital copys of Little Deviants, Little Big Planet and Wipeout an a 8 GB Memory Card for 179€ at the german Amazon.

I am looking forward to use the Vita mainly to play indie games and PS1 games. I really hope that they add Emulation for PS2 titles.

Insiders have said that PS2 emulation would be impossible to do in the Vita, even though Sony has tried. So the only hope for this would be Gaikai.

I wouldn't mind a series of high-quality PS2 ports (a la MGS HD Collection) though.

NO NO NO.. they should be 19.99 a pop. Don't bend over for SE. Konami did the right thing. SE should follow.

I have the feeling that FFX/X-2 will be released as digital-only for $20 each in the US. :/

Not happening. Not with one of the most beloved games from their most popular franchise. I am expecting a retail release for Vita in some form priced not below $30 each.

I know I am going to get some hate for this, but I believe SE should price this higher, since the level of work that is going into these remasters is waaay above the average HD remake (completely redone models, remastered soundtrack, added storyline), and these are two of the longest games out there.

I was very surprised they priced the PS3 version at $40 after knowing all the extra stuff they are doing. And I'm sure this price has put them in a difficult position regarding Vita pricing, especially since Vita games cost more to bring to retail because of the cart prices.

I think we have been somewhat spoiled with the policy of charging only $20 for each remake and to push them out in pairs or collections (even Nintendo is charging $60 for the remake of WW and remakes are also sold separately in Japan). Simple remakes like GoW 1&2 and Ico & SotC are ok at $20 a piece, but larger works like what SE is doing here should be valued a bit higher IMO.

Yeah, it totally sucks. They promised codes today and people waited the whole day for anything. Then they have us jump through hoops for ONE beta key?
Especially Europeans have no choice compared to Americans, who at least had a key giveaway yesterday thanks to Gamestop.

Happy that I left home for some drinks instead of waiting for this bullshit.

I added my pic, i'm gonna drop the code here if i win it

sEiFww7.png

RoKKeR

Killzone grenade throwing is awful. Every time I throw one it doesn't throw it straight, but to the right so it bounces off a wall and kills me.
Rear-touch pad control for zooming in a sniper rifle means that sniping is unplayable. I cannot shoot someone while trying to fiddle with that awful control.
The lack of any spawn priority means that every time I find a spot to try to snipe in, someone will always spawn right behind me by the time I get a single kill.

What a headache..
Grenade throwing is very floaty. Don't have touch pad problems. Spawning can be just fine and really bad, definitely something they need to fix.

What's your highest killstreak in killzone, guys? Had any really good matches yet?

I just got a 14 killstreak :D. I recommend the pistol shotgun as a secondary since the default one is pretty bad.

omg_mjd

Noticed a few pages back that people were having a hard time getting the Hardcore Risette trophy. Rise was my waifu during my first playthrough and the Hardcore Risette trophy popped during the last dungeon.

Getting Max SL early wasn't an issue. Also, I don't think it matters what clothes/costumes you wear since I believe the only Rise lines that count are the ones that are voiced.

Jarsonot

Just got a vita tonight! Birthday recently so had some "fun" money.

I've been holding off due to outrageous memory card prices, but checked Craigslist on a whim and found a great deal. Wifi Vita, uncharted, rayman origins, 4 GB card, great condition (original box, manuals, etc.) for $160. So I've now factory reset, downloaded SOTN and Gravity Rush (PS+ is seriously awesome) and pretty stoked. Riding that new system high. =)

I'm mostly a lurker, post occasionally (when I have something to say?). Just popping in to say I am excite, and looking forward to PS4 connectivity!

And Dragon's Crown. =)

omg_mjd

Just got a vita tonight! Birthday recently so had some "fun" money.

I've been holding off due to outrageous memory card prices, but checked Craigslist on a whim and found a great deal. Wifi Vita, uncharted, rayman origins, 4 GB card, great condition (original box, manuals, etc.) for $160. So I've now factory reset, downloaded SOTN and Gravity Rush (PS+ is seriously awesome) and pretty stoked. Riding that new system high. =)

I'm mostly a lurker, post occasionally (when I have something to say?). Just popping in to say I am excite, and looking forward to PS4 connectivity!

And Dragon's Crown. =)

Congrats! Sounds like you scored a good deal. SOTN is on my wishlist, will buy Dracula X at some point so I can play it. Enjoy your Vita. :)

VanWinkle

Can anyone PM me a key for the closed beta for Killzone Mercenary?

I'll trade or give money or whatever.

Wish I had an extra one to give you. :(

Welcome to exaggeration. It's blatantly bad in Mercs in a few instances, worse than I've had it in most FPS games. Thankfully it's a rare occurrence.

Yeah it can be bad. It's one of my only problems with the game. They need some algorithm that spawns you in a spot where nobody is within a however-many-meters radius away. Like, if somebody is within 20 meters of your spawn point, it won't spawn you there. I don't know. They need to do something.

Loving the Killzone beta.

I am rubbish at it, like really rubbish, but I don't feel like the game is impossible to improve at.

Only played a couple of times tonight, but really enjoying what I am playing.

I'm quite rubbish at FPS as well. But this KZM....man...it looks sooo good. I feel like getting it just so i can pull out the Vita and show people what the Vita is capable of!

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Carmack said that he would like doom 3 on vita and wiiu but he wont do it due to the lack of interest...
Wtf! Id on vita could be awesome! Show him some love, tweet him, yosp and shahid about this!
And while we are at it do the same for bioshock on vita! Levine needs our support!
edit
carmack, not cliff lol
Actually, people are just not that interested in doom. The doom 3 rerelease (bfg edition is it?) Did not do gangbusters..

Actually, people are just not that interested in doom. The doom 3 rerelease (bfg edition is it?) Did not do gangbusters..

There's no reason it should have. There were already flashlight mods and hd mods and everything. For the most part, AFAIK, all that release did was (1) put it on consoles and (2) add achievements.

--

So PJM Ultimate HD is going to steam.
I know where I'm buying that game for $2 during the winter sale. :lol

--

Your code, like mine, is useless until 8/21 or so.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
There's no reason it should have. There were already flashlight mods and hd mods and everything. For the most part, AFAIK, all that release did was (1) put it on consoles and (2) add achievements.

--

So PJM Ultimate HD is going to steam.
I know where I'm buying that game for $2 during the winter sale. :lol

--

Your code, like mine, is useless until 8/21 or so.

Precisely. If there is no interest in a rerelease of doom 3 on consoles, why would they on the vita? It doesn't really make much sense for any party involved. At least in my eyes.

Cheska

Ugh, I've decided that Muramasa is officially my go-to game whenever I can't sleep. I seem unable to get past a few levels without starting to doze off :(

ZeroAKA

Ugh, I've decided that Muramasa is officially my go-to game whenever I can't sleep. I seem unable to get past a few levels without starting to doze off :(
I've found the game works best in short bursts. Of course, there's always Fury mode once you beat it.

FlipWilson

Neo Member
----

P4G question:

If I remember correctly early december is where things go down which will decide what ending you get; if you want to extend your playtime by an extra month make sure you max Marie(I think you have to romance her) it will allow you to play an extra month(though I'm not really sure if this is true or just added in content) also during this time if you have your teammates(Yosike, Chie etc) at max friendship you get another form of their persona

to catch bugs; talk to the kid at the shrine in the morning/afternoon and he'll say he lost his net, go back to the shrine at night and talk to the ghostly looking women where you get your blessings and she'll give it to you after finding it on the roof.

mauaus

Found a fix for the killzone mercenary crashes on a forum that's not gaf.
Just keep your friends list below 90. Just got through 4 matches in a row no problem!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
well yesterday was flawless online for me. today i cant even get in a game! been trying for 30 minutes - the few times i have gotten in i crash within a minute

Velcro Fly

After playing Dynasty Warriors Next in bed for close to 2 hours last night I've decided to take the plunge on Dragon's Crown. I need more games in my life where I can start the game and just kill stuff for a little while. Hoping I can get the artbook from GameStop still. This game looks gorgeous.

Top Bottom