• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafemomo

you can't tell me what not to do sony

Bbo1uFhCIAAixLY.jpg:large

zulux21

maybe $20 is the sweet spot for handheld games pricing.

I think it has more to do with the genre of Tearaway then it being a handheld game. There are very few platformers that don't have sonic or mario in them that sell much of anything before they get down to the $15-$20 range.

Elvick

Banned
I think it has more to do with the genre of Tearaway then it being a handheld game. There are very few platformers that don't have sonic or mario in them that sell much of anything before they get down to the $15-$20 range.
That's a sad and depressing truth. ):

MDSLKTR

yes it does

i had 5 bucks left from the BF4 black friday digital deal. so tearaway fro 16 bucks after tax :D

Cheers, getting it but dunno when I will get to play it... I promised myself not to touch anything on the vita till I'm done with P4

I just played through Hotline Miami in pretty much one sitting. It was as good as everyone said it was.

Does anyone else play Crazy Market or am I only weirdo with an addiction to this? Free to Play games don't usually interest me but I find myself going back to this a few times a day lately. ~_~

marrec

Banned
Warms my heart. Picked up a copy at GS yesterday for $20 and played around an hour and a half last night...smiled the whole. damn. time.

I wish more games went for the charming and whimsical feel. It's so refreshing to play something like Tearaway...especially when it's this well crafted. Bravo on Media Molecule & SCE.

It's a great contrast to the big blockbuster AAA games that dominate the NPD charts. Don't get me wrong, I'm really liking AC4, but Tearaway makes me feel like I'm pre-teen marrec sitting in front of my SNES again. Feels good man. Really shows that this type of game is still perfectly viable in the midst of our gritty and open-world gaming decade.

Elvick

Banned
Similar price point didn't really help it in Europe, though.
Ignoring that it still released at a bad time.

Be like launching Resonance of Fate near Final Fantasy XIII... oh wait, that happened. lolsega

If Tearaway came out mid this year at that price, it'd have likely sold significantly better. Hell, Vita's releases have been front and end loaded for awhile. Mid year tends to suck for retail releases.

You can get Tearaway from the Amazon PSN digital store for $20...i'm this close to hitting purchase!

Anyone in a PAL region bought digitally from amazon? I've bought physical games from the US with no issues but the amazon listing says this:
> Online Game Code: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

Sol1dus

you can't tell me what not to do sony

Bbo1uFhCIAAixLY.jpg:large

I'm playing through FF9 for the first time now and I'm really liking it.

maybe $20 is the sweet spot for handheld games pricing.

It is. The only portable games I've bought at $30-$40 were Uncharted GA and Soul Sacrifice. After SS I vowed to wait until games drop to around $20. I'm not saying everyone should do this, but this is just what I've been doing. I do this with 3ds too.

Phii

Banned
Ys: Memories of Celceta is amazing. It's way better than I expected, great gameplay improvements from Ys Seven (that gameplay was already amazing), and the story is really enjoyable (it took me some hours to get into it however).

So glad I picked the LE. Great LE, hope the game sells well.

(Once it launches in Europe Im gonna purchase a digital copy (it will launch in Europe, right?)

Ys and Tearaway, two new goodies, but people dont know these exists, market your exclusives, Sony!

wilflare

from CAG rpg
Dyad Free for PS Plus Members Starting Tomorrow
Holiday Sale (Week 3) Plus

Far Cry 3     $17.99     
Far Cry 3 Ultimate Edition     $21.19     
Hitman: Blood Money HD     $4.25     
Guacameelee! (Cross-Buy)     $3.75     
God of War Ascension     $10.00   :hot:  :hot:   
Knytt Underground (Cross-Buy)     $2.50     
PixelJunk Shooter 2     $2.50     
PixelJunk Sidescroller     $2.50     
Limbo (PS3)     $3.75     
Limbo (PS VITA)     $3.75     
Beat Hazard Ultra     $2.50     
DEADPOOL     $24.29     
Angry Birds Star Wars PS3     $32.39     
Angry Birds Star Wars PS Vita     $32.39     
Just Dance 2014     $30.59     
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes PS Vita     $23.99     

Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Bundle     $26.99     
Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Pro Bundle     $35.99     
Eufloria HD     $7.99     
Terraria PS Vita     $13.49     
Ethan: Meteor Hunter     $6.39     
Atomic Ninjas PS3     $2.09     
Atomic Ninjas PS Vita     $2.09     
Foosball 2012 PS3     $2.09     
Foosball 2012 PS VITA     $2.09     
The Impossible Game     $0.74     
One Epic Game     $0.74     
Minisquadron     $0.74     
Blimp: The Flying Adventures     $0.74     
5-In-1 Arcade Hits     $0.74     
Zombie Driver HD     $2.50     
Zombie Driver HD + Soundtrack     $3.25     
Zombie Driver HD Soundtrack     $1.25     
Zombie Driver HD Apocalypse Pack     $0.75     
Zombie Driver HD Tropical Race Rage     $0.75     
Zombie Driver HD Burning Garden Of Slaughter     $0.75     
Zombie Driver HD Avatar 10-Pack     $0.75

smh at the Vita Terraria pricing.. $13.49 for PS+ members

Takao

Banned
I just played through Hotline Miami in pretty much one sitting. It was as good as everyone said it was.

Does anyone else play Crazy Market or am I only weirdo with an addiction to this? Free to Play games don't usually interest me but I find myself going back to this a few times a day lately. ~_~

I was playing Crazy Market a lot until I decided to cheat the system and set my Vita's clock ahead to get more coffee cups. I then updated my Vita's firmware which fixed the time, and so now I have ages before the next free coffee drops, haha.

cafemomo

I'm playing through FF9 for the first time now and I'm really liking it.

It took me until my 2nd run of IX to fully appreciate it. Roses of May/loss of me is one of my personal favorite FF tunes.

If Square decides to go full out with all these remakes, I'd love to see IX get some love.
comming to a iOS/Android device near you

zulux21

if Sony had a Tearaway LE with some physical goodies... I'll probably double-dip :X

I'd.... still be skipping it lol.

I am a little surprised sony isn't pushing it harder though. The characters have gotten good responses and the vita needs some sort of mascot, the tearaway people seem perfect for that.

Had a 10$ credit on Amazon so I went and grabbed Tearaway. Couldn't justify it for 40$ when I read it was really short. But I can for 10$.

Alright...let's see what I'm missing....

Tapejara

Yeah NOPE. If you think the Vita version of that game or the sequel are playable, then our tastes differ sharply.

What was wrong with the first one? I played through like a third of it and thought it was playable. I've heard the second one has some major issues, but Sigma + seemed to run fine.

Gestault

What was wrong with the first one? I played through like a third of it and thought it was playable. I've heard the second one has some major issues, but Sigma + seemed to run fine.

Dramatic input delay and framerate lulls which make it functionally unplayable compared to any other version. That's ignoring aesthetic issues.

cafemomo

I'd.... still be skipping it lol.

I am a little surprised sony isn't pushing it harder though. The characters have gotten good responses and the vita needs some sort of mascot, the tearaway people seem perfect for that.

Toro is the true mascot of PS.

Sony just needs to put him more out in the spotlight in the west.

Tapejara

Dramatic input delay and framerate lulls which make it functionally unplayable compared to any other version. That's ignoring aesthetic issues.

Hm, I'll have to replay it. I don't really remember the framerate issues. To be fair though,
I haven't played the console versions.

Skyzard

Banned
@VanWinkle, nice physical collection, I had you down for a digital man though.
@Shinriji, very nice.

Anyone made any soundshapes levels? Feel like giving some a try, was making one yesterday, so easy to make something simple. Although mine is a bit hard at the moment. Still needs work.

-Made mine a bit easier but still adding more to it, very short atm. Love how you can set up nice beats using the objects themselves, not relying on notes so much, although they're pretty easy too. Nice for rewarding tough platforming sections. Forgotten what most of them do though and with no descriptions I might just run through the game again.

--

I guess Mm were getting port-begged too much :)

Shinriji

What about NGS2+. All the bad press has kept me away from the game.

Never played it, bro. Played a lot on the PS3, though. Awesome game. I trust the OmegaZero review of the vita version, that there is some serious slowdown in some hectic moments and poor resolution in others, but completely playable.

Hubb

Never played it, bro. Played a lot on the PS3, though. Awesome game. I trust the OmegaZero review of the vita version, that there is some serious slowdown in some hectic moments and poor resolution in others, but completely playable.

Thanks. Guess I will try to hold out for PS+ and or deep discount.

zulux21

hehe half of my vita game collection's shelf space is taken up by muramasa LE and Virtue's last reward still sealed to the watch ><;

i have 9 physical vita games at this point... I wonder what will be the 10th.

my most played vita game.... Mlb the show 2013 >.<;

Gestault

That old BS will never get away, will it?

My plat on NGS+ tell you otherwise. NGS+ is fine.

Having played a game to completion doesn't prove anything one way or the other. You may have enjoyed it, and I own the game as well, but how either of us feel doesn't change any of the technical realities. "That old BS" implies a lot about a broader effort to discredit the game.

Hoo boy. I wash my hands of this, particularly since you're now recommending a game you haven't even played (and I also own).

OmegaZero

As Shinriji mentioned, NGS2+ is playable if you can ignore the various framerate drops during large battles and the constantly changing resolution (which mainly occurs during finishing moves and fights with large enemies).
Another issue the port has is that unlike NGS+, NGS2+ is literally impossible to Platinum unless you're a robot due to the removal of co-op for tag missions.
EDIT: I should mention that both NG Vita ports run at 30fps, which does affect how you play the game to varying degrees, but I still had my fun with both. If you need 60fps to play character action games, you won't enjoy the ports at all.

Yasumi

Banned
Is there anything on Vita like the 3DS's Activity Log that tracks how much you played a certain game?

Some games do show how long you've played. When you load up the save file, there's a little i next to it. Hit that, and it'll show you something like this.

2cdwy7n.jpg

Speaking of, I really need to finish Totori before getting too far into my Meruru playthrough.

Skyzard

Banned
So guys should I get a digital or physical copy of Tearway?

Do you like taking photos? If so, digital (1393MB). Very good camera app and the [level] bookmarks make it easy [to jump between them and go sight-seeing]. Not to mention the levels are a joy to play through, though there isn't a buttload of them.

Otherwise, physical, something you can load up and enjoy every now and then.

Top of the page list of stuff:

Buy Tearaway
Buy Terraria
Someone play the DBZ demo and let us EU folks know how it is
Eufloria HD soon, excellent strategy game - simply presented, relaxing visuals, tense gameplay that the nature of is easy to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom