• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvick

Banned
That Dragon Ball game doesnt look bad at all for me, im gonna buy retail EU version althou im in NA account.
I agree, I think it looks good. And I'll be importing from Europe too for a physical copy.

Doubt any DLC will make me care enough to want to pay the inevitable full retail price for digital only localization NA will get.

incpdo

I agree, I think it looks good. And I'll be importing from Europe too for a physical copy.

Doubt any DLC will make me care enough to want to pay the inevitable full retail price for digital only localization NA will get.

Exactamundo! for some reason i feel more "safe" having the actual psvita cards.

So VitaBros what possibilities are for Phantasy Star Nova to come to the West? I know Sega refuses to make money on the west with PSO but maybe...

Honestly the presentation of that game does hurt the story sections.

If you've never played P3 before it's a good way to do it though. Just not the best way.

I figured it might. Hmm, I suppose I may bite, as I won't be playing it any other way. Would love to see it on Vita someday. I love me my occasional cutscene. Thanks!

Totally off-topic question, (though I completely "second" your philosophy for buying):

I know it's an existing phrase, but is your username in reference to 999/Virtue's Last Reward? Inquiring minds want to know.
Nope. Sadly, I haven't played those games yet. Will have to. Remember a good friend being addictive to it.

Im anxious!

I guess the FF X and X2 HD news are bittersweet(at least for me) becouse there will be a physical copy of the game with a voucher to download the other game but i would prefer 2 little ps vita cards(big sized games on psv cards thats better for me). as each game is about 3 gigabites.Anyways price is very good for both games 39,99 , dunno about retail price. Wich one you guys are getting?
JP- i pre-ordered the twin pack. I didn't want to be forced to use my JP account.
NA-Most likely physical unless they actually release the 64 gb card here or 32 cards go on sale for $40 again.

Rixa

Yikes, so much negative vibes going around all of a sudden.
well I'm playing Rainbow Moon on my Vita and I'm having a blast :)

This. Tho I still wont buy Terraria with that stupid price. Waiting to someday for Starbound.

Anyways Rainbow Moon, so fun and timesinking game.

nampad

That's not the point. Even if you don't factor in the Steam sale pricing, which is sometimes matched on PSN or other platforms, there's still a "Vita Tax" or "Console Tax" and it's ridiculous.

It's $10 MSRP on PC. It's $5 MSPR on phones. "Console tax" puts it 50% higher than all that at $15. Sure, it's not Vita only, but Vita is the LAST port to show up as well. It's just not smart pricing... it might not be Angry Birds, but it's not doing itself any favors. Especially when you have developers who don't have their heads up their asses like the Runner 2 guys.

SCEE PS+ only.

(1) LBP patches aren't *that* big... the entire install size of the game digitally is < 1.4gb. The game itself is 1.1gb. Which means the patches are around 300mb total.

(2) Sounds like someone needs a bigger memory card. :p

Yes, there is a console tax, not specifically a Vita tax.

Alright, I hate it when people think ill of me so first I apologize if I sounded harsh. Ignoring someone is not something I do as well.

First of all, you're taking the term ridiculous bonkers wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously. Lighten up a bit. I wasn't really thinking about it much, more like just a passing thought, and the way you responded to me really surprised me with all the scathing seriousness and all that.

Second of all, surely you can't deny that there have been numerous people here that agreed with my assessment that the price is just too much? The point is, numerous other platforms offer the same--even more, as I understand it in the PC--content at a much, much lower prices, so why is the Vita is singled out in this instance? The same with Limbo when it's first out in the Vita.

I can understand if its a new game or if the game offers substantial new content, but as it is, it is basically the same game that I can buy with just 3.75 on my PS3, correct? So why is it offered at 13.75 price point on the Vita? I can hardly believe "porting cost" justify such a large difference, but I guess this is something neither you or I can actually confirm either way.

Whether you like it or not, it is a legitimate issue not just for me, but some many others in here (and elsewhere too, I imagine) are considering.

Anyways, Terraria Vita in all probability is something that I will get in the end anyways. Folks in Vita can play with folks in PS3 right? Because I worry that the multiplayer will be sparse if it's Vita to Vita only.

The PS3 and 360 version costs the same, $3.75 is a sale price again.
Also, for the often mentioned delay of Terraria compared to the iOS version. Both ports were handled by different studios and non were made by the original developer. It's not like they pushed back working on the Vita for the iOS version, probably they just had more problems with the Vita port.

But ok, I took your comment too serious and I am sorry. I just hate such hyperbole.

In fact, read some pages back. I have my own beef with the game after my save got corrupted and a short google research showed that it also happened to other people.

Acid08

Banned
I figured it might. Hmm, I suppose I may bite, as I won't be playing it any other way. Would love to see it on Vita someday. I love me my occasional cutscene. Thanks!
If it's the only way you can play it then definitely go for it. Incredible game despite the concessions made to get it onto the PSP.

It also has better music than P4 :)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
THANK YOU BASE SCAMCO

NEW DIGIMON GAME COMING TO VITA

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735553

There are so many developers I wish to thank deeply if only we have more English release here even if it's digital only.

Also, is there any chance for sales for Atelier games? I held back before because of their large sizes but now that I have 64 I am eyeing them again.

But ok, I took your comment too serious and I am sorry. I just hate such hyperbole.

In fact, read some pages back. I have my own beef with the game after my save got corrupted and a short google research showed that it also happened to other people.

Alright, I apologize too for what you consider as me hyperbole-ing.

Terraria Vita is definitely something that I will buy down the road! Unlike Lone Survivor...

nampad

There are so many developers I wish to thank deeply if only we have more English release here even if it's digital only.

Also, is there any chance for sales for Atelier games? I held back before because of their large sizes but now that I have 64 I am eyeing them again.

Alright, I apologize too for what you consider as me hyperbole-ing.

Terraria Vita is definitely something that I will buy down the road! Unlike Lone Survivor...

Lone Survivor got additional content on the Vita and while it got patched in later for free on PC the price on PC also got raised.

Vitabros & vitasistas.
Banderas.gif
Post more later when im home at pc.

Digimon or what news?

incpdo

Oh, another subnative Vita game ...

LMgqLe0.png

hI5AJgi.png

oM61Dfi.png

This game has more than 70 characters? wooo what a roster, im IN. no doubt.

Vitacats! What is your most expected game for 2014?

My selection includes:

DanganRonpa(Phoenix Right meets wackyness?)
Conception 2(they should release the first one as well)
Deception IV(i love the series)
Gravity Rush 2(yeah probably 2015 on NA)
FFXHD
Hotline Miami 2
Mighty n9(please be a good and nice port, and please be retail!)
God of War Collection
Type0?(not confirmed but could be possible, shut up and let me dream!)
A new Klonoa?(ok im really dreaming)
And a new compilation ala sega classics would be great but i know this is not happening as well

nampad

This game has more than 70 characters? wooo what a roster, im IN. no doubt.

Vitacats! What is your most expected game for 2014?

My selection includes:

DanganRonpa(Phoenix Right meets wackyness?)
Conception 2(they should release the first one as well)
Deception IV(i love the series)
Gravity Rush 2(yeah probably 2015 on NA)
FFXHD
Hotline Miami 2
Mighty n9(please be a good and nice port, and please be retail!)
God of War Collection
Type0?(not confirmed but could be possible, shut up and let me dream!)
A new Klonoa?(ok im really dreaming)
And a new compilation ala sega classics would be great but i know this is not happening as well

Football Manager followed by Danganronpa and Ys. Type 0 and Gravity Rush 2 would be also on it but they aren't confirmed.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
My 2014 most expected/wanted are as follows:

- Luftrausers (was hoping for it this year)
- Soul Sacrifice Delta (you can carry over an old save, right? Between versions?)
- Hotline Miami 2
- FFX HD
- Ultra SSFIV (Come on. Just... come on.)
- Crazy Megaton Surprise (like PS2 Classics)

I dunno. Probably forgetting a bunch of stuff. Will probably save some game money for a new card at some point (8GB warrior right here).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Lone Survivor got additional content on the Vita and while it got patched in later for free on PC the price on PC also got raised.

Not about the price, no, but the game itself in the end that makes me kind of doubt of taking the plunge.

- Crazy Megaton Surprise (like PS2 Classics)

This will instantly elevates Vita into the undisputed best handheld in the history of forever. But I don't think Vita is capable of doing this.

AmanoBuff

Final Fantasy X|X-2 on Vita is 6.7GB.

VITA IS TWO YEARS OLD WHY IS THE LIMIT STILL 4GB

You'll find out later today.

Where did you find out about this?

IMO Sony seems to not deem it worthy to increase the size of carts simply because there are not that many publishers/devs with high profile games that that might need 8GB. The only game I know besides FFX/X-2 now is Killzone M.

And of course, some developers now prefer to just skimp on graphics instead of pushing for the best one that might use more than 4GB.

IMO Sony should have made set 8GB as the max Vita cart size since the beginning. Now I think it is too late already.

wilflare

Where did you find out about this?

IMO Sony seems to not deem it worthy to increase the size of carts simply because there are not that many publishers/devs with high profile games that that might need 8GB. The only game I know besides FFX/X-2 now is Killzone M.

And of course, some developers now prefer to just skimp on graphics instead of pushing for the best one that might use more than 4GB.

IMO Sony should have made set 8GB as the max Vita cart size since the beginning. Now I think it is too late already.

this whole issue feels kinda chicken or egg... but oh well Sony

Flandy

The few games that would need more than 4GB end up compressing the shit out of something else to make it fit. Assassins Creed Liberation has by far some of the most compressed audio I've ever heard in a game ever. I would have loved it to be another 500 MB if it meant I didn't have to put up with the shitty audio. Pretty much made me stop playing the game. I couldn't take it.

Famassu

So close. Only 266pts to Platinum in Rayman Legends and I think I might have a possibility for a Diamond trophy today. Then I can finally start focusing on other games.

So close. Only 266pts to Platinum in Rayman Legends and I think I might have a possibility for a Diamond trophy today. Then I can finally start focusing on other games.

I've pretty much given up on the diamond trophy already. I don't think I'll ever get one, the best I've done is silver. :\

--

Now that I've demolished Rogue Legacy on PC, I don't see the need to grab it on Vita. So that leaves 2014 remarkably EMPTY for me. I mean, I'm sure there's some stuff I'll end up grabbing eventually... but there's not a single game on my radar for next year, not that I'm genuinely excited for, in the very least. FFX/FFX-2, I kind of want to suppoer SE, even though I do not like this entry in the series... there's the rumoured inFamous game, which I have no desire for... there's some indies coming, but nothing that has me salivating... I'm turning into Toto. :(

At least I still have Ys left to play.

B-Genius, yes, your save can be imported to the expansion called "full-release" Soul Sacrifice Delta. Though I'm not sure exactly what the point is or what it will net you.
Ultra SSF4 would be a cool port to have portable, but it suffers from the "6-button fighters suck on a pad" disease. :\

All of this really makes me wish that app someone made screwing around with the toolkit that was streaming games from PC was still maintained and working. I would get so much mileage out of it... I'd even pay for it. Turn my Vita into a Shield? Yes please.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
This will instantly elevates Vita into the undisputed best handheld in the history of forever. But I don't think Vita is capable of doing this.

That's what makes it Crazy Megaton.

B-Genius, yes, your save can be imported to the expansion called "full-release" Soul Sacrifice Delta. Though I'm not sure exactly what the point is or what it will net you.
Ultra SSF4 would be a cool port to have portable, but it suffers from the "6-button fighters suck on a pad" disease. :\

Thanks for the info. I'm just wondering whether to carry on with my Japanese copy of SS, or just start afresh with a PAL copy of Delta.

Having portable Ultra would be sweet (is that a GOUKEN in your pocket?), despite the fact that it'd probably be arthritis incarnate.

SteveWD40

I still have a massive backlog as a new Vitabro, but next year for me is all about:

Minecraft
Borderlands 2 (please be goty edition...)
Rogue Legacy
Hotline Miami 2

Will get a 2000 and a 64gb card assuming they hit the EU next year...

RalchAC

Thanks for the info. I'm just wondering whether to carry on with my Japanese copy of SS, or just start afresh with a PAL copy of Delta.

We are getting Soul Sacrifice on December 24th, so you could star again now, play with VitaGAF newcomers and have a decently leveled character in Delta.

Do we know if they are expanding the level cap (it's X+X=100 right now, right?) in it.

Edit: We're getting SS with PS+ :)

Tizoc

It arrived last week but my post office only let me know by now XD
XNi29mm.jpg

1049.gif

I'll start changing my 64 GB in later today, wish me luck guys.

Oh and Nippon Yasan delivered, I strongly suggest buying off of them if you're looking for a 64 GB!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
2014?

As a new owner it'll be about backloggery, DraganRonpa and Hotline Miami 2 I guess

Mighy#9, if the port is decent, have to wait and see which version I'll get

Hi guys. New Vita and Wii U owner here (what can I say, I like underdogs).

As someone who had a psp but never really bothered with it, are there any games I absolutely must try on the Vita?

I know that the PSP was a JRPG powerhouse, and I'm tempted to try a few of those, but I haven't got a large amount of free time to power through some of the more obscure grindfests.

I still have a massive backlog as a new Vitabro, but next year for me is all about:

Minecraft
Borderlands 2 (please be goty edition...)
Rogue Legacy
Hotline Miami 2

Will get a 2000 and a 64gb card assuming they hit the EU next year...

I forgot about Borderlands 2. It would be so awesome if they patched in cross-save for PS3. I am sure they won't though. Huh, I'd take a PS4 version :)

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I am hyped for toukiden and phantasy star nova next year. Gonna get gundam musou, dangan ronpa and ffx next as well. I think 2014 is gonna be great.

TheChaos0

Hi guys. New Vita and Wii U owner here (what can I say, I like underdogs).

As someone who had a psp but never really bothered with it, are there any games I absolutely must try on the Vita?

I know that the PSP was a JRPG powerhouse, and I'm tempted to try a few of those, but I haven't got a large amount of free time to power through some of the more obscure grindfests.

I played through a number of PSP JRPGs, none of them felt particularly grindy. You can always play Ys games, they are nice and short and enquire here about the lenght of others. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom