• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Riddy

So it looks like you want to use the numbers on the left of you unit. XX123456789-PCH1001 the first 11 are the numbers it wants. Those are the numbers you use when you resister it at at the playstation website also. If anyone wasn't to join in shoot me a pm.

No dice here...tried all different combinations but it refuses to register my barcode.

Edit: Derp, apparently the two first letters have to be capitalized. Whatever Sony

So it looks like you want to use the numbers on the left of you unit. XX123456789-PCH1001 the first 11 are the numbers it wants. Those are the numbers you use when you resister it at at the playstation website also. If anyone wasn't to join in shoot me a pm.
Is this confirmed? One of my friends tried it and it didn't work.

EDIT: And another no-go.

I can confirm that the first 10 numbers in your model number work! My friend is reporting that it worked. I'm waiting to find out if Sony automatically put the funds into his account or if he gets a code.

iXI2SJkCY47RL.PNG

most of the reactions over the demo are bad,like very super bad bad.
I liked the demo, :/

PopInnovation

Neo Member
most of the reactions over the demo are bad,like very super bad bad.

I think the demo was hit and miss from what I've been reading. Some people are saying it's a little boring, but others are saying they loved it. I don't think I've read much about it being very super bad though?

Need to keep in mind it's just a demo too - there are so many bad demos out there with fantastic full games.

Skyzard

Banned
Link me to that.

Really wish you would stop lying.

You know I did hear someone on these forums who had a review copy said he was waiting for the embargo to be over to say something negative about the vita version so I would prepare yourselves just in case.. Also what demo? Oh, US plus members.

Seems something to do with long load times. Hopefully they can fix that..not sure what else is up though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Referral update. Got a couple gaffers who accepted yet the site won't take their serial numbers to complete the referral. Maybe I should try giving Sony a call about this.

Add a 0 or H at the end, apparently that'll work.

VanWinkle

You know I did hear someone on these forums who had a review copy said he was waiting for the embargo to be over to say something negative about the vita version so I would prepare yourselves just in case.. Also what demo? Oh, US plus members.

Seems something to do with long load times. Hopefully they can fix that..not sure what else is up though.

A couple people with the game said it has to do with the long load times. Not a game breaker at all for me. Regardless, Toto was talking about the demo.

Skyzard

Banned
^ ha

I couple people with the game said it has to do with the long load times. Not a game breaker at all for me. Regardless, Toto was talking about the demo.

Yep should be ok, and yeah they were quite positive about the PS3 demo (just caught up on that, missed the thread before).

DiscoJer

Someone at cag said it only takes 10 digits. I sent an email to soa to see if I can get some clarification.

This is crazy, that worked. Who ever would think that removing the last number would work? It's shocking that someone at CAG figured out.

And the hilarious thing is that this apparently isn't even the serial number, that's on the right of the Vita. The number on the left is the model number

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3760/~/ps-vita-model-serial-numbers

The serial number is located to the right of the multi-use port, and consists of nine characters and numbers.

The model number is to the left of the multi-use port, under the barcode. It is seven characters long and will begin with PCH followed by four numbers.

Though that doesn't seem accurate either. At least on mine, the model number is DC+9 digits and the PCH is at the end (which I guess is the case for everyone).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
When you're entering your serial number, look to the right of the funky USB port connector. That's your serial number. If it isn't recognized, add a 0 or H to the serial. The site should then recognize it.

It really makes me wonder why the site can't recognize a legit serial number.

RoKKeR

So how do we fix the "Serial Number Invalid" error?

EDIT: Fixed it. Just through a random ass zero in there. Now I see the page that says "CONGRATS! Your $20 PSN Card is processing. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery."

4-6 weeks? That seems a bit ridiculous.

Shoyz

EDIT: Fixed it. Just through a random ass zero in there. Now I see the page that says "CONGRATS! Your $20 PSN Card is processing. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery."

It's pretty standard-fare for these kinds of promotions. There was a promo that gave free Microsoft Points last year which gave them instantly, although that was changed halfway through and after sending a batch of dud codes (which I almost wonder if they were for something else altogether..) ultimately took months to receive. Not that I cared much, I made out like a bandit!

DiscoJer

I wonder if it's accepting any 10 digit number?

VXLbeast

Should I buy EDF or DJ Max Technika? I've never played any iteration of either game before.

Suppose that's up to what you're into. I am not the biggest fan of music rhythm, but I do love me some ridiculousness, so you can imagine what my suggestion will be. Also, EDF's co-op is supposed to be pretty fun, if you have been looking for any vita co-op action.

Ken

Suppose that's up to what you're into. I am not the biggest fan of music rhythm, but I do love me some ridiculousness, so you can imagine what my suggestion will be. Also, EDF's co-op is supposed to be pretty fun, if you have been looking for any vita co-op action.

How deep is the gameplay?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I suggest anyone experiencing post-Persona-depression to check out Virtue's Last Reward. The demo isn't a great indicator of how deep and nuanced the story and character relationships in that game can get. And you spend like a minimum of 35 hours to get the real ending...

southsidewolf

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been discussed already but does anyone know the status of / likelihood of a release of the Vita Netflix app in the UK?

I suggest anyone experiencing post-Persona-depression to check out Virtue's Last Reward. The demo isn't a great indicator of how deep and nuanced the story and character relationships in that game can get. And you spend like a minimum of 35 hours to get the real ending...

I'd like to, but everyone suggests I play 999 first, but even though I try, I just can't get into 999.

im down to try the psn thing if someone wants to PM me. i didnt get teh email but will give it a go. send me the details though.. if this is still working if course..

Iacobellis

When you're entering your serial number, look to the right of the funky USB port connector. That's your serial number. If it isn't recognized, add a 0 or H to the serial. The site should then recognize it.

It really makes me wonder why the site can't recognize a legit serial number.

Wait, wasn't there something else Sony related last year where we had to add a letter to the serial number? I might be thinking of something run by another company, but I am for sure something very similar happened.

I can't register for uRefer. I get an error saying:

"Unable to verify your PSN ID, please verify your entry and try again"

My PSN is Speedy_Blue_Dude and I'm entering that, yet it gives me an error. Am I doing something wrong GAF?

Top Bottom