• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

kiyomi

PSP version actually out sold the PS3 version I think

Also soul sacrifice site update with a lot new info might make a thread:
7D6kynS.png

Different boss, same arena? Looks like one of the locations where you fight the harpy in the demo.

Anyway, every time I see more of it, the less I can wait.

Noi said:
Only 4 days left!

Aghhh! I'll send one later if I can. Generally pretty terrible at those races, though. :(

ZeroAKA

do you guys think these are touched up? the game seems to look a lot better here than before. or maybe they've been working on the graphics side of things the past few months?

if that's how the game will look, i am excited!
I don't think they've been touched up. If they were, the screenshots probably wouldn't look so compressed.

Got a few more entries for the Gravity Race last night. The new time to beat is 00'39"36!. Don't forget that you can try again if your time got beaten before. Only 4 days left!
Does that mean the March thread is coming next week? HYPE.

I'll check my Gravity Race time to see if I somehow topped that without noticing.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
edit toto before you toto they fixed the textures.

7D6kynS.png
pgdUGAj.png

huh..interesting.

now-if it's really fixed and it's not just bullshots-then all the VitaGAF people who attacked me over complaining about the shitty textures which the should really feel bad.

I'd rather force my Vita up my urethra than play a JRPG.

that will be too painful thing to do just to avoid a great game.

and it's not even your traditional shonen fantasy JRPG, it different and focus on story and social and personal relationships with characters.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Game Republic is dead.

so? SCEI own the IP (read the copyright line) they have the source code.

My Summer Vacation is a casual game series. Why would that be on Vita now anyways?

so first you said why Sony is making family friendly games for PS4

Why Sony is making seemingly expensive family games for a $400 platform is beyond me.

and now you are saying Sony should not make family games on Vita too.

so what should we get MH clones on Vita and Military shooters on PS4? Sony should kill every other IP and shutdown MM and every other studio?

I'm honestly unable to understand you here.

but what I know is that variety of genres and games is necessary for every platform.

Who's doing the march thread? Anything I can help with?

....I'm thinking of doing it, it will be the best Vita OT.

sadly my english suck :(

crinale

Speaking of Soul Sacrifice, it is kinda interesting that Sony is going to support PS3 Ad-hoc party (at least in Japan), even SS is already going to let you go online without PS3.
It is actually the indication that Sony is actually listening to what customer. Ever since Ad-hoc party was introduced it was eventually adapted as the PSP online multi player session hub application, and many people want to stick with what they are used to.

Takao

Banned
so? SCEI own the IP (read the copyright line) they have the source code.

So? SCE doesn't exactly revive the most obscure PSN games they can on a usual basis.

so what should we get MH clones on Vita and Military shooters on PS4? Sony should kill every other IP and shutdown MM and every other studio?

I'm not necessarily saying that Sony should only make shoot bang and cut them games, but I just don't see the reason to make games for families, when families don't own the platform. You're better off making a hardcore gamer oriented title because they're the ones who'll first own a platform.

Whatever happened to that SCEE manager that was hyping up this week and us getting a bunch of vita games announced and after Hotline Miami was announced teasing one of many or something? Are games announced at Destination Playstation (I think that's next week?)

my prediction is that there will be two skus one with the base PS4 that is cheaper, and one that includes a vita in the box for 100-150 more.

My prediction is 3 SKUs at launch.

$399 with PS4, PS4Eye, DS4, 500GBs, headset, HDMI cable
$499 with PS4, PS4Eye, DS4, 1TB, headset, HDMI cable, PSMove, PSNav (or 3 months PS+, not sure)
$599 with PSVita wi fi (if no revision by then, cheapest model), PS4, PS4Eye, DS4, 500GBs, headset, HDMI, cable

zulux21

I'm not necessarily saying that Sony should only make shoot bang and cut them games, but I just don't see the reason to make games for families, when families don't own the platform. You're better off making a hardcore gamer oriented title because they're the ones who'll first own a platform.

Last time I checked 10-18 year olds didn't live alone without a family. I am a core gamer, but that didn't change the fact that I picked up some family oriented titles as a kid to play with my parents.

Especially with the casual gaming market being so big now it doesn't hurt to have a few titles that the parents might want to play even on a core system as it might help them lean towards that yes even if they don't plan to play with little jimmy to much.

Whatever happened to that SCEE manager that was hyping up this week and us getting a bunch of vita games announced and after Hotline Miami was announced teasing one of many or something? Are games announced at Destination Playstation (I think that's next week?)

My prediction is 3 SKUs at launch.

$399 with PS4, PS4Eye, DS4, 500GBs, headset, HDMI cable
$499 with PS4, PS4Eye, DS4, 1TB, headset, HDMI cable, PSMove, PSNav (or 3 months PS+, not sure)
$599 with PSVita wi fi (if no revision by then, cheapest model), PS4, PS4Eye, DS4, 500GBs, headset, HDMI, cable

given that the psv will likely be $200 at the time the ps4 launches I really don't see any reason to have a third bundle that is just the ps4 and psv combined together at full retail price for both given your numbers... a bundle should have some sort of discount.

Out of curiosity why does the title of the thread say that the vita is the most desirable handheld in Japan when the vita is failing on all fronts?

The sales ALWAYS look like this in Japan:
3DS XL - 117,435 (Last week - 134,652)
3DS - 51,441 (52,425)
PlayStation 3 - 17,035 (18,043)
PlayStation Vita - 4,021 (5,039)

and even Sony just admitted the vita is a colossal failure
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/sony-admits-ps-vita-is-currently-a-failure-cm215625

So is urban trials on vita worth it? I read it was 20fps in this thread

I've only played the demo, but that framerate is pretty brutal.

Also, as someone who's played a lot of Trails HD and evolution, the game felt really really clunky in comparison. Was pretty hard to get over that considering how similar the games are.

given that the psv will likely be $200 at the time the ps4 launches I really don't see any reason to have a third bundle that is just the ps4 and psv combined together at full retail price for both given your numbers... a bundle should have some sort of discount.

If that's the case then $549, but I doubt it. Sony will lose money on the core PS4 SKU and, according to Kawano, is losing money on each vita sold now after the price drop. They would have two PS4 SKUs that are loss leading and one that would probably break even. If they can do a vita revision where their margins there are improved, then I can see a bundle for $549.

He teased the Playstation Meeting (the 20th) specifically.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/303930960355926017

Someone call him out on twitter.

Out of curiosity why does the title of the thread say that the vita is the most desirable handheld in Japan when the vita is failing on all fronts?

3DS - 51,441 (52,425)

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/sony-admits-ps-vita-is-currently-a-failure-cm215625

Those are not this week's numbers, where did you get them from? And the recent for the title is because of a recent famitsu survey. Everyone here is aware of vita's pathetic sales and colossal failure, the title is all fun and games.

Afrit

3DS - 51,441 (52,425)

http://www.destructoid.com/famitsu-poll-ps-vita-is-japan-s-most-desired-console-242879.phtml

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So is urban trials on vita worth it? I read it was 20fps in this thread

My impressions:

Just finished Urban Trial (without 5 starring everything). Some of those level ideas in the later levels were pretty fun. Props to the level designer. I wish it had more levels though. Considering it took me quite a bit over an hour earlier to 5star a certain level, this game will still keep me busy for a while. According to the leaderboards, I am the only person who played the last level so far, yay me (and lol @ reviewers)
Fun game, easily worth the 8 bucks.

It definitely has some framerate issues, though. I didnt mind them as much though and had lots of fun with it. If you are allergic to lower FPS, you might want to consider skipping this fun game.

MDSLKTR

I've only played the demo, but that framerate is pretty brutal.

Also, as someone who's played a lot of Trails HD and evolution, the game felt really really clunky in comparison. Was pretty hard to get over that considering how similar the games are.

Damn totally forgot there's a demo available. Thanks I'll check it out, I only tried the demo of trials on xbl and I liked it but felt it was something that would be best played on a portable device.

so you are telling us the game has a rock solid framerate now?

I never said that.

It is NOT 20fps though. I've almost finalised all levels now and it's been 30 almost the entire time except for a couple of dips when the level loads, and one time where there is an explosion with lots of debris

PSP version actually out sold the PS3 version I think

Also soul sacrifice site update with a lot new info might make a thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eRbQ86r8rE8

edit toto before you toto they fixed the textures.

http://i.imgur.com/7D6kynS.png[IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pgdUGAj.png[/MG][/QUOTE]

Looks nice. I'm excited to play the demo whenever that comes out. Last night I was enjoying my Soul Sacrifice trainer... err I mean the Monster Hunter demo :P

SmokyDave

My impressions:

Just finished Urban Trial (without 5 starring everything). Some of those level ideas in the later levels were pretty fun. Props to the level designer. I wish it had more levels though. Considering it took me quite a bit over an hour earlier to 5star a certain level, this game will still keep me busy for a while. According to the leaderboards, I am the only person who played the last level so far, yay me (and lol @ reviewers)
Fun game, easily worth the 8 bucks.

It definitely has some framerate issues, though. I didnt mind them as much though and had lots of fun with it. If you are allergic to lower FPS, you might want to consider skipping this fun game.
I think some of the later leaderboards are screwed because I completed it last night and I was finding it hard to believe I was the only person to do so.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Fun with a ropey framerate.

3DS - 51,441 (52,425)

You've quoted Chartz in two separate threads now. You're a shit troll, try harder.

I think some of the later leaderboards are screwed because I completed it last night and I was finding it hard to believe I was the only person to do so.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Fun with a ropey framerate.

I believe it's because it loses connection to PSN so doesn't load the leader boards

Bullshit numbers and the hyperbolic claim that Sony admitted the Vita is a 'colossal failure', also bullshit. How are you not banned yet? Literally all you do is very poor attempts at trolling.

The 'most desirable handheld' comes from a Famistu survey where readers listed the Vita as their most wanted console in 2013, so you fail.

...Anyway, Argos are still selling 32GB cards for £44 but there's only one in stock - 50 miles from me. Not sure I need more space that much lol.

I might pick up Urban Trials soon. I barely played Trials Evolution on 360, though. :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I believe it's because it loses connection to PSN so doesn't load the leader boards

Ah that makes sense. Pretty weird that I get user scores up to a certain level and then they just black out from world 4 or so.

Cha

Just saw a video on Youtube of a guy going through the menu's of a Devkit Vita. Does not look like a developers channel though. Can normal people get those?

Takao

Banned
Just saw a video on Youtube of a guy going through the menu's of a Devkit Vita. Does not look like a developers channel though. Can normal people get those?

was it deadmau5

Which reminds me, did we ever get any new level sets for Sound Shapes? I remember hearing rumblings about a Justice pack or something? Maybe I was just dreaming.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I might pick up Urban Trials soon. I barely played Trials Evolution on 360, though. :/

not the same IP,different developers.

but of you don't like the genre just stay away and save your money,the game is not good.

...Anyway, Argos are still selling 32GB cards for £44 but there's only one in stock - 50 miles from me. Not sure I need more space that much lol.

that like $70 right?

was it deadmau5

Which reminds me, did we ever get any new level sets for Sound Shapes? I remember hearing rumblings about a Justice pack or something? Maybe I was just dreaming.

seriously,it is like they just abandoned the game completely.

Toma

was it deadmau5

I heard that too, which reminds me that I should check out whether there were some great new levels with the music/instrument DLC a while ago.

Toma

If people are thinking about whom to trust in terms of Indie game recommendations, would they rather believe a blind dancing ho or someone with a SpaceChem avatar? ;p

Top Bottom