• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Bethesda and Obsidian need to make an RPG game about Vita US release list.

Yeah I was complaining about this for weeks now, the situation is a disaster.

Isn't Killzone: Mercenary going to be the Vita's first awesome FPS?

Killzone and awesome don't really match together.

then again this is Cambridge so maybe..hopefully

Don't worry, we have lots of games developed at 24 hour game jams coming to PS Mobile.

Like Nunnageddon. And Ahoy

And student developers are on board, too.

no thanks.

Oh yeah, alien spidy did something similar.

Disgusting behaviour
tbh

how? let be honest here software sales Vita are not that good,indie can't handle the risk.

with the current situation Sony need to pay people to get games on Vita.it is as simple as that

Dec

Hey guys this is my first post on GAF, I've been lurking for a year or two and just never signed up. Strangly, I signed up 2 days ago and got accepted already which was unexpected, maybe some mods were bored during downtime lol.

Anyways, thanks for all the news for the past few months I hope I can give back a bit now.

My PSN is Dendritic19, I've been playing mostly Urban Trials, feel free to add me.

kiyomi

So what was the final consensus on Ragnarok Odyssey?
It just came out here in Australia.
There wasn't much of a consensus, really! I haven't finished it still but I enjoyed what I played as a pretty simple and somewhat shallow hack and slash that should really be played online with friends who are a similar strength to you. There have been quite a few deriders though, and I think some of that criticism is unfair. It doesn't have the depth of something like MH but it's okay. If you're looking for that kind of multiplayer monster killing, I might just wait for Soul Sacrifice since it's coming soon.

Welcome, Declarius!

Takao

Banned
how? let be honest here software sales Vita are not that good,indie can't handle the risk.

with the current situation Sony need to pay people to get games on Vita.it is as simple as that

Toto, in the case of Alien Spidy, a Vita version was never in development. The developer told SCEE it was, but they were just hoping to piggyback off the publicity of being mentioned during Gamescom 2011 to land a publishing deal. The publisher they picked didn't want to fund a Vita version, so it continues to not exist.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Toto, in the case of Alien Spidy, a Vita version was never in development. The developer told SCEE it was, but they were just hoping to piggyback off the publicity to land a publishing deal. The publisher they picked didn't want to fund a Vita version, so it continues to not exist.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Twinduct

Toto, in the case of Alien Spidy, a Vita version was never in development. The developer told SCEE it was, but they were just hoping to piggyback off the publicity of being mentioned during Gamescom 2011 to land a publishing deal. The publisher they picked didn't want to fund a Vita version, so it continues to not exist.

Though there was such backlash that they eventually caved in to do a Vita release?
Time to go look for that Alien Spidy Blog post

Edit: Nevermind, just read an interview. Welp, fuck that then :<

kiyomi

Hey guys this is my first post on GAF, I've been lurking for a year or two and just never signed up. Strangly, I signed up 2 days ago and got accepted already which was unexpected, maybe some mods were bored during downtime lol.

Anyways, thanks for all the news for the past few months I hope I can give back a bit now.

My PSN is Dendritic19, I've been playing mostly Urban Trials, feel free to add me.

Sent you a friend request! I did notice you've barely played Gravity Rush, sad Mono is sad. :(

I got a question about RO - i tried playing demo and sometimes instead of running my characters start walking really slowly

Never happened to me in the full game.

kiyomi

That's really weird. I've actually finished the game.

Accepted the request. :)
You're right! Well, you would be since you actually played it. Strange, I just checked again and yup, the trophy list updated. Really weird.

Now I feel bad because I haven't actually finished it. Do you play Treasure Park by any chance?

Dec

You're right! Well, you would be since you actually played it. Strange, I just checked again and yup, the trophy list updated. Really weird.

Now I feel bad because I haven't actually finished it. Do you play Treasure Park by any chance?

I actually think that was it. After you mentioned it I loaded it up, maybe that forced an update or something.

Nobody I know owns a Vita so I've actually never ran that app before.

Edit, woop I didn't realize Treasure Park was a game, I assumed it was the trophy app or something haha.

kiyomi

I actually think that was it. After you mentioned it I loaded it up, maybe that forced an update or something.

Nobody I know owns a Vita so I've actually never ran that app before.
Yeah, I don't know anybody with a Vita either which bums me out. Treasure Park is a pretty silly time-waster, but strangely addictive.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SCE Japan Studio during PSP days: good PSP supporter,mix of 1st party and published games,Patapon,LocoRoco,Over my Dead body..ect.

SCE Japan Studio now after getting Santa Monica's Allan Becker as their new boss: Tokyo Jungle(PS3) Puppeteer (PS3) Rain (PS3) Knack (PS4)

Yeah..good work here,Yoshida.

SCE Japan Studio during PSP days: good PSP supporter,mix of 1st party and published games,Patapon,LocoRoco,Over my Dead body..ect.

SCE Japan Studio now after getting Santa Monica's Allan Becker as their new boss: Tokyo Jungle(PS3) Puppeteer (PS3) Rain (PS3) Knack (PS4)

Yeah..good work here,Yoshida.

Hell yeah fantastic work!

Tokyo jungle man... So good

Did Rain ever get a release date? that game looked pretty cool

Don't believe it's ever been mentioned as a Vita game, just PSN announced so far, but no release date or any updates really have been announced since the game was unveiled last August.

Also, in a really weird coincidence, earlier today I was toying around on my roommate's piano (I don't know how to play much) and realized I had the first chords of a song in my head and couldn't recall what it was or how to continue past that. Turns out it was Clair de Lune, the song used in the trailer for Rain! Using Google to look for information for you on Rain had a few mentions of the song and I suddenly realized that was the song I've been trying to remember all day. So...thanks!

Takao

Banned
so you like the fact that even SCE Japan Studio is turning their back on Sony handheld now?

You're not going to like this either:

Many people feel that the lack of First Party games like Gran Turismo could be an issue – but Kawano feels this is not entirely true. Explaining that first party games tend to do better on home console rather than handheld – but Sony are trying to promote cross platform play where games can be played on both formats.

He went on to say that, on Playstation, it’s traditionally been third party games that prove the attraction – not the first party games that take the lead.

Sony want more and more Japanese game publishers to release on Vita – and Kawano is spending lots of time trying to make sure this happens.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/free-t...-titles-scej-president-outlines-vitas-future/

He's right in that the majority of PS3/PS2/PS1 -> PSP releases ended up selling less than the home console versions, but he's seemingly forgetting that even on home consoles their IPs are in decline.

Mark of the Ninja did end up coming to PC on Steam, though. It was just a timed Xbox exclusive so I guess it could come to Vita.

I checked Steam following the person mentioning Microsoft published it and they're listed as the publisher on Steam as well. I imagine they've got a pretty firm grip on that title.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I love Toma impressions!

Is there any friend leaderboard integration? Although that might be a moot question considering the oddities of getting high scores by the sounds of it.

Yeah, the leaderboard integration works pretty well and can be easily accessed after each level. This game would have loads of replayability if it didnt artificially constrain the player. Any way, yeah, it has leaderboards :)

Dec

Is there some sort of cheating going on in Urban Trials? I just did a time trial where the ghost was behind me almost the entire track, then at the end it said he got 11 seconds on a 30+ second track.

Welcome to Vita GAF! :)

Mokubba

Yoshida: Key members of Polyphony Digital are involved in the very development of the PS4 and the PS Vita. I am thinking of asking them what’s going on with Gran Turismo, but related matters will be probably made clear by its representative Kazunori Yamauchi in due time.

Posted this in other thread a bout GT6 but also thought it would be good here since he mentions Polyphony are definitely working on the Vita which is good news. I see a GT Vita title having a lot of connectivity with GT6.

http://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-involved-in-ps4-vita-hardware-development/

Mokubba

No, he just means they were involved in the hardware development like the other first party studios.

Oh right, :(
Back to hoping

Edit: reading it again he said they are involved in the very development of the PS4 and the PS Vita even though as we all know the hardware was finalised a long time ago so he could be talking about game development.
Still it's probably just the translation

winjet81

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is there some sort of cheating going on in Urban Trials? I just did a time trial where the ghost was behind me almost the entire track, then at the end it said he got 11 seconds on a 30+ second track.

Could be some bugs, someone mentioned sawing someone falling through the stage, only to see him having an unbelievable score.

Tiamant

Hi Vitagaf!

After hearing for months how incredibly awesome Persona4G was and reading lots of ultra-positive reviews I decided to give it a shot going in blindly (no screens or vids ever seen) and holy crap, now I'm mad at you.

If I'd known the game was this good I would've imported it a long time ago, it has everything I missed in rpgs and the dialogues are actually entertaining when they are not lame (in a good way)

The game is also selling well from what I can see at my store, too bad Atlus shipped a miserable amount of copies through the country (and its safe to assume through the continent), but at least the ratings on PSN seem to grow consistently :)

Top Bottom