• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

kiyomi

New thread resolution is to post less, but more constructively. I haven't started off very well.

So... how about a DJMAX Technika Tune challenge next month? :3

I know the OT's late maybe tonight

Can't wait, it deserves one (an OT). Hoping to get my copy early next week!

Omlagus

Excellent OP, Noi! I really like it. Challenge of the month is a cool idea.

And great job with the banners Mono. I loved the vitamuffin at the end there.

VanWinkle

You guys are cyborgs - I'm posting insane amount each month and i can't even make it into wall of shame :)

But i've gotten Resistance and Unit 13 today - so now i have to finish 5 games before Persona arrives.

Resistance is ehhh. It does show that an FPS can work really well on the Vita, though. However, Unit 13 is great fun.

You guys are cyborgs - I'm posting insane amount each month and i can't even make it into wall of shame :)

But i've gotten Resistance and Unit 13 today - so now i have to finish 5 games before Persona arrives.

i'd love to hear what you think of resistance and unit 13. both on my radar.
Resistance is ehhh. It does show that an FPS can work really well on the Vita, though. However, Unit 13 is great fun.

whats "ehhh"? i dont know your general scale and likes/dislikes in games...

I considered it, but I want to try and have challenges be for games that the highest amount of people can actually participate in. :p

But everyone with the game can participate! I wouldn't choose something ridiculous for peoples' first time :3

neuroned

Neo Member
My copy of Persona 4 showed up yesterday. Came with the pre-order skin as an added surprise. I'm forcing myself to nab the last trophy I need for PSAS:BR before I dive into the 100+ hour epic.

Speaking of PSAS:BR... and advice on obtaining the "This is Living" trophy? It's the one where you have to finish a round in first without getting killed.

Also heard that EscapeVector was solid... although frustrating. One review suggested that it can encourage the player to chuck the Vita against the wall. Sounds a bit too stressful for me personally.

btkadams

My copy of Persona 4 showed up yesterday. Came with the pre-order skin as an added surprise. I'm forcing myself to nab the last trophy I need for PSAS:BR before I dive into the 100+ hour epic.

Speaking of PSAS:BR... and advice on obtaining the "This is Living" trophy? It's the one where you have to finish a round in first without getting killed.

Also heard that EscapeVector was solid... although frustrating. One review suggested that it can encourage the player to chuck the Vita against the wall. Sounds a bit too stressful for me personally.

i somehow got the "this is living" trophy by accident when using ratchet. i was going for another trophy in free-for-all online. many people had suggested using characters that can attack others from far away, like radec. i just kept getting ratchet's level 1 super and killing people like that, then running away and throwing projectiles to build up super.

luck seems to be important. sometimes you'll be matched up with people who destroy you, and then you will be matched up with people who are worse than you. just keep playing.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
i'd love to hear what you think of resistance and unit 13. both on my radar.

Resistance Boring Skies and Unit 13 are both garbage.

I bought Unit 13 because someone I respect his opinion (he is banned now) was recommending it left and right and it was empty lame game.

don't waste your money.

VanWinkle

Resistance Boring Skies and Unit 13 are both garbage.

I bought Unit 13 because someone I respect his opinion (he is banned now) was recommending it left and right and it was empty lame game.

don't waste your money.

Except, why would anyone listen to your opinion when EVERYBODY else's is different?

Roubjon

That would be awesome. I remember there being a DJMAX thread last year that was supposed to update with weekly challenges but then it just died out :(

Maybe the new OT can fix that.

How is Ni No Kuni?

im a little more than 2 hrs in.. I think i'm just getting out of the tutorialish stages... but i', having a blast. i can see how the first few hours people may get bored - since combat is simplistic to start, and the game has to introduce you to everything. but its pretty much playing a ghibli film.

i think it's a blast though, not without it's faults. (one is the disconnect you get when the characters pop in and out of voice acting and just text) but i highly recommend it, esp. if you are itching for an RPG. it's a beautiful and amazing game so far and im still at the infancy stage. supposedly the difficulty spikes as well which im excited about, but lots of peopel have turned down the difficulty at the point due to it. theres seems to be lots of collectibles/sidequests/familiars etc..

game vs. game, genres aside. i think it blows the pants off dragon age 1.

also for resistance, is it bad due to lack of story? or gameplay just piss-poor?

Darkangus

You will beat Resistance in an instant... loool
Unit 13 will take you a little more time... =]

Sid

im a little more than 2 hrs in.. I think i'm just getting out of the tutorialish stages... but i', having a blast. i can see how the first few hours people may get bored - since combat is simplistic to start, and the game has to introduce you to everything. but its pretty much playing a ghibli film.

i think it's a blast, not without it's faults. (one is the disconnect you get when the characters pop in and out of voice acting and just text) but i highly recommend it, esp. if you are itching for an RPG.

also for resistance, is it bad due to lack of story? or gameplay just piss-poor?
Resistance is fun IMO

Ponn

Banned

i think it's a blast, not without it's faults. (one is the disconnect you get when the characters pop in and out of voice acting and just text) but i highly recommend it, esp. if you are itching for an RPG.

Weird comparison, also a bold one.

Seemed closer to a Dragonquest comparison to me. More specifically Blue Dragon though I know alot of people didn't play that.

because I'm the voice of truth and and haz cute avatar.

eh..was thinking more like Mouth of Sauron but again theres the differing opinions. :p You know you are welcome in these threads, stop with the whole disappearing act. You play a vital role of the Meg character or something like that.

because I'm the voice of truth and and haz cute avatar.

the only way your avatar is cute is if it is actually you...else you're just a creeper.

Weird comparison, also a bold one.

Seemed closer to a Dragonquest comparison to me. More specifically Blue Dragon though I know alot of people didn't play that.

haha i was wondering if someone would pick up on that.

yeah, kinda obscure - but it was the last "highly regarded" rpg (though western) i played prior to this...( also never played BD or a dragon quest! if you can beleive that :( )

Cha

Booted up Gravity Daze to give the challenge a shot, and beat my previous best time :) Was pretty pleased with myself until I looked at teh Top 10 world rankings.

No.1 is 00'19"56. <How? HOW??!!!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Resistance is a blast! One of my best PSVita games; it's great fun!

must be the Earth 2 version, because our universe version is boring,soulless and clunky as all hell.

So, is P4G going to win game of the month every month?

If so, I don't mind :p

on one hand we have P4G(best JRPG of the PS2) on the other hand we got overyhyped crap like RCR and Chronovolt.

so ofcouse P4G will win every time.

Ohnonono

I really dig the unhcarted card game. I kinda wish it was physical as I go to a game store every weekend and it seems like people would enjoy it!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
EDF is fantastic plus while its expensive you get SO much content

It's still overpriced,contents is not an excuse for this since there are bigger,newer games filled of contents and way cheaper on other platforms and systems.

buying it mean you just okaying this and encourage publishers of pricing their DD games like that for Vita owners, vote with your wallet.

I can't wait for that thread to go up. Hoping to get my copy next week.. I really can't wait to start playing it.

I really need to upgrade my memory card, I think I'm going to start saving up for the 32GB card... I really wish it was a bit less expensive. I want to start getting some more niche digital only games like EDF and Orgarhythm, I already have Dokuro but I'm literally trying to work with like 300MB at the moment on my tiny 8GB card :(

I like the challenge idea. Will have to finally give Gravity Rush a shot.

I'm afraid that you'll have to have beaten the game to have your abilities leveled to the point of being competitive. Not a bad thing, the game's totally worth playing through; just don't expect to post amazing times right off the bat.

Noi

It's still overpriced,contents is not an excuse for this since there are bigger,newer games filled of contents and way cheaper on other platforms and systems.

buying it mean you just okaying this and encourage publishers of pricing their DD games like that for Vita owners, vote with your wallet.

I disagree. If the premium pricing is what it'll take to get these games to be released stateside, then I'll pay it. $40 for EDF is a better deal to me than buying other games at lower prices.

Paying the same as retail for a digital game for EDF isn't going to stop publishers like Activison and EA doing the same for their AAAAAAAA releases.

I'm afraid that you'll have to have beaten the game to have your abilities leveled to the point of being competitive. Not a bad thing, the game's totally worth playing through; just don't expect to post amazing times right off the bat.

That's part of the reason why I chose one of the early races instead of a late one. While you won't have great abilities by that point, you at least have a chance to participate even if your time isn't the greatest!

chixdiggit

Well I better get to work then.

Top Bottom