• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | May 2013 | Lovecraftian Wasteland

Which one is more fun!?! I wish there was a GG demo because that's the game I have no experience with.

Blazblue is coming to ps+ plus this month, currently waiting on that. GG plus R handles well for the vita, no competition to using a stick, but its good for what it is. I have no idea how the other versions of GG fare on the vita.

BB is easier to get into from what I've played on the console versions, although personally I've enjoyed GG's offerings more.

Top of page recommendations: P4G(duh) Mens Room Mayhem (its only a dollar!) and, IMO, the most under appreciated fighting game port/collection on handhelds, Darkstalkers Chronicles: The Chaos Tower. Animation is amazing as expected, looks pretty good and controls great.

Ken

Blazblue is coming to ps+ plus this month, currently waiting on that. GG plus R handles well for the vita, no competition to using a stick, but its good for what it is. I have no idea how the other versions of GG fare on the vita.

BB is easier to get into from what I've played on the console versions, although personally I've enjoyed GG's offerings more.

Top of page recommendations: P4G(duh) Mens Room Mayhem (its only a dollar!) and, IMO, the most under appreciated fighting game port/collection on handhelds, Darkstalkers Chronicles: The Chaos Tower. Animation is amazing as expected, looks pretty good and controls great.

What do you like about GG over BB?

What do you like about GG over BB?

I prefer the characters, music, and art style of guilty gear more. And even though BB is easier imo, I appreciate how guilty gear feels like the more technical game, just my personal opinion. Shame there isnt a demo for either game for people to compare them to each other.

VanWinkle

I tried an online match of FFA. The system fell asleep while loading, and then I woke it up and it lost connection since it fell asleep. Off to try it again. Loading times are not good. If you play it, remember to move the analog stick around or something while you're waiting for it to load.

I only have the 1st blazblu I don't like the character design. Arc does make great games Persona4Arena is fucking fantastic!

Mens room mayhem looks retarded who wants to play a game about shooting green piss streams from your mouth.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Soooo....... if I want to enjoy FF Tactics in my Vita, which version to buy? The PSP or the PS1 version?

The PSP gets extra content IIRC?, but the slowdown was horrific...

Shoyz

Haven't played enough of Men's Room to know for sure yet, but it seems like it has a mission system very reminiscent of Jetpack Joyride..is there any way to be credited for those missions without going AFK for a minute until you lose? I can only assume quitting and resetting won't credit you. It's really weird that it goes on endlessly, never crediting you for missions until you lose. Why would I keep going?

Edit: BlueMaxima's video shows quitting and starting over works. Still a really weird format to need to quit to advance.

Does RaC always run at that resolution in-game? For example Sigma 2 looked great most of the time but pre-patch(and still to some degree) it would drop the resolution to a similar level when things got crazy or certain ninpos/executions.

Can't believe it though, what a shame. Seems to look worse than the Agent Clank game :/

I am usually ok with subpar framerates but Ratchet and Clank is a pain to play. The gesture of giving Deadlocked for the delay doesn't really make up for the fact that the vita version is garbage.

It takes over a minute to get from launch to main menu with about half of that watching a loading icon. Even the audio sounded really weird.

Even the icon looks rushed and is basically a 16x9 image smashed to fit.
LkUdG7M.jpg

Then i just took this when I was tired of playing. It's a shame that the screenshots don't show how bad it looks in motion.
gFjSkRC.jpg

DiscoJer

I played Men's Room Mayhem for a few minutes and didn't really like it much, but I guess I'll probably give it another shot later.

That's kind of the trouble with this thread, people love almost everything....as long as it has a decent frame rate, at least.

wilflare

is it strange that I like the Dungeon Crawl of P4G now... I just love maxing out the Skillsets of each and every Persona...

just hope I have enough Yen to keep fusing... I keep losing track of possible combinations

FYC

Banned
Just beat
Land of the Livid Dead
in Rayman Origins. Really, really fun, but I was under the impression it was extremely difficult from reading a few GAF posts. Definitely a challenge and I died a lot, but I didn't find it too hard.

Stealth bragging aside, I would highly recommend the game to anyone who likes platformers. It's undoubtedly one of the best platformers this generation.

Okay, what game do I get next fellas :V I own

• Uncharted (<3)
  • Gravity Rush (<3)
  • PSABR (<3)
  • Wipeout 2048 (<3)
  • Rayman Origins (<3)
  • Tales from Space MBA (<3)
  • Madden 13 (Meh)
  • Silent Hill BoM (BLEH)

Thinking of going with Soul Sacrifice next, or trying to platinum some of these. Only two I have platinumed are GR and Tales from Space, although the latter technically doesn't have a platinum, but y'know. I should note I've never played Monster Hunter, although I've heard Soul Sacrifice is actually fairly different from MH, but what do I know.

Edit: Yo, dat ratchet...

nampad

For once I am happy that the US update is one day before the on in the EU or else I would have bought Ratchet and Clank. Really disappointing port.

Ok Yu-Nama The Puzzle and Passing Time are some actual quality on PSM. Buy both!

Can you elaborate on Yu-Nama The Puzzle? I don't know much about the PSP game (What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord?) it was based on but someone here raved about it quite a a lot, so I am interested. How faithful is the port and are there in app purchases?

Bought Passing Time because of Honeyslug, it is a nice diversion. Gameplay is simple but fun and kinda reminds me of Sensible Soccer. The defense and goalkeeper are a tad too bad. Like other PSM games, compared to an iOS game it is a little bit to pricey.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just beat
Land of the Livid Dead
in Rayman Origins. Really, really fun, but I was under the impression it was extremely difficult from reading a few GAF posts. Definitely a challenge and I died a lot, but I didn't find it too hard.

Stealth bragging aside, I would highly recommend the game to anyone who likes platformers. It's undoubtedly one of the best platformers this generation.

Okay, what game do I get next fellas :V I own

• Uncharted (<3)
  • Gravity Rush (<3)
  • PSABR (<3)
  • Wipeout 2048 (<3)
  • Rayman Origins (<3)
  • Tales from Space MBA (<3)
  • Madden 13 (Meh)
  • Silent Hill BoM (BLEH)

Thinking of going with Soul Sacrifice next, or trying to platinum some of these. Only two I have platinumed are GR and Tales from Space, although the latter technically doesn't have a platinum, but y'know. I should note I've never played Monster Hunter, although I've heard Soul Sacrifice is actually fairly different from MH, but what do I know.

Edit: Yo, dat ratchet...
First things first, get persona 4 and play the ss demo.

FYC

Banned
First things first, get persona 4 and play the ss demo.

I've finished Persona 4 on PS2 and it's my second favorite game ever, only reason I don't get P4G is I don't feel like putting so much time into it again at the moment. Maybe some day.

Will go check out the SS demo. Thanks!

Foshy

I am usually ok with subpar framerates but Ratchet and Clank is a pain to play. The gesture of giving Deadlocked for the delay doesn't really make up for the fact that the vita version is garbage.

It takes over a minute to get from launch to main menu with about half of that watching a loading icon. Even the audio sounded really weird.

LkUdG7M.jpg

Then i just took this when I was tired of playing. It's a shame that the screenshots don't show how bad it looks in motion.
gFjSkRC.jpg

Goddamn. This looks like a DS game at best.

Groof

LkUdG7M.jpg

gFjSkRC.jpg

Spitting coffee all over the place. This is absolutely horrible, I was really looking forward to this game, too...
aaaarrrrgggghhhh

Cha

http://i.imgur.com/gFjSkRC.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Whoa, it looks WORSE in motion?? That's a first.
Usually games that show disgusting jaggies in screenshots (like Gravity Rush) look way better in motion. How disappointing.

Wow, why so "expensive" compared to the US release ($1.39, PS+ $0.97)? Yes, I know it is still cheap but still a really bad price conversion, even worse than 1:1. Europeans pay twice as much (€2.49, PS+ €1.25).
Now I am not sure if I want to buy it because I feel ripped off.

Damn that is terrible. I mean yeah it's still super cheap but that exchange rate is practically backwards

Top Bottom