• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | May 2013 | Lovecraftian Wasteland

crinale

How does QF look like?

Edit: Top of the page? Try Toukiden Demo ! (if you have time to switch accounts that is).
And about QF I overlooked shots from last page, oh well :(

VanWinkle

You should have see this thread last year. Everything that was released was recommended. I've learned to check stuff and wait for user reviews on YouTube before pulling the trigger on anything.

What were games that were recommended last year that didn't deserve recommendations? I've been here since the Vita launch and don't remember a lot of that happening.

nampad

You should have see this thread last year. Everything that was released was recommended. I've learned to check stuff and wait for user reviews on YouTube before pulling the trigger on anything.

I actually have, been lurking gaf for at least 4 years before registering. Was just too lazy to get my university mail login and got denied with other adresses twice before. Because I just graduated I had to register before losing the chance.

Don't think it was worse than now. Regarding Mens Room Mayhem, people already pointed out the bad things about the game in this thread. The progression system is bad and the AI seems to get into fights on purpose.
I somehow regret buying it, on the other hand it was just €1.25.

OmegaZero

How does QF look like?

Edit: Top of the page? Try Toukiden Demo ! (if you have time to switch accounts that is).
And about QF I overlooked shots from last page, oh well :(

Is it that fun?
I was considering switching back to my JP account for some more Senran Kagura multiplayer and this might be another incentive to.

LMN

Is it that fun?
I was considering switching back to my JP account for some more Senran Kagura multiplayer and this might be another incentive to.

The new patch demo is really good IMO, I really like it, you should give it a try, it a lot slower than SS, feel like monhun, but still unique in it own self.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Saicoro-puzzle*KURA:ssic Is pretty nice. Free Download to play 2 stages, In-Ap Upgrade of 1.29 or so to unlock the full game. Love being able to demo a PSM game like this; a very smart idea.

It's a charming match 3 that reminds me of something older like Columns. The idea of matching sequential dice (such as "3, 4, 5" ; "5,3,4" wouldn't work) is nice, and I always smile when a Match 3 lets me match diagonally (also like Columns.)

"Emily & Charlotte Lounge" is such an odd company name. Sounds more like a new Atelier series title! Maybe it's based on the Brontë sisters?

Video for YU NAMA

It's awesome. My favorite PSM game yet. (Although I still haven't played Nunnageddon yet as it isn't on the JP store).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5rk-iVzqPI

Pardon how bad I suck and how slow I am, playing a touch-only game while recording is a pain :D

Thanks for the Video! Kassatsu's "it's just the first game!" didn't jive with the webstore description, and seeing your video does a better job of showing it's unique gameplay, which looks pretty nice in it's own right.

I never did play the original games (wasn't into Digital titles on my PSP, oddly enough...), so this looks like a fun way to get into the series (and I'll probably end up going back and buying the originals later...)

Thanks for mentioning it's on a Limited time Sale, also. It looked like it deserved to cost more, just from the solid, higher-quality presentation and detail than many other Mobile games. Will make sure to grab while it's on sale!

Sol1dus

What were games that were recommended last year that didn't deserve recommendations? I've been here since the Vita launch and don't remember a lot of that happening.

The psp Prinny games, Unit 13 and Hot Shots Golf are all games I should have looked into more before purchasing.

On a different note, I seem to be getting a hang of Guacamelee. The game really grabbed me yesterday with the
super mario bros reference

kassatsu

Banned
The psp Prinny games, Unit 13 and Hot Shots Golf are all games I should have looked into more before purchasing.

On a different note, I seem to be getting a hang of Guacamelee. The game really grabbed me yesterday with the

Man I loved Unit 13, still the best shooter on Vita.

Thanks for the Video! Kassatsu's "it's just the first game!" didn't jive with the webstore description, and seeing your video does a better job of showing it's unique gameplay, which looks pretty nice in it's own right.
I clarified it better in the PSM thread after playing it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Man I loved Unit 13, still the best shooter on Vita.

I clarified it better in the PSM thread after playing it.

Yeah, I know :) I don't think I had read the clarification when it first went up, so looking at those screens, and reading the description, really made me wonder if I had remebered what little I knew of the first game incorrectly...

VanWinkle

But these are all quality games, even if you personally weren't a fan. That isn't a matter of everybody recommending every single Vita game. These are games that are critically and commercially well liked.

Sol1dus

But these are all quality games, even if you personally weren't a fan. That isn't a matter of everybody recommending every single Vita game. These are games that are critically and commercially well liked.

Yeah they're critically claimed but I don't like them and I'm the one buying them. So like I said, it pays off to take everything as it is -an opinion- and do some research for yourself. The more videos you watch and the more gameplay you become familiar with, the more educated your purchase will be.

DiscoJer

What? Unit 13 was critically well liked? Metacritic has it at 71%. And Hot Shots Golf was at 76%, and Prinny at 72%. Not terrible, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they were well liked.

And I think it's even more of a stretch to say they did well commercially. Unit 13's developer got shutdown.

Thanks. To be honest, this doesn't look too bad. It certainly makes a better impression than the horrible screenshots that were posted earlier. Still seems a bit boring and the loading times are really pretty bad.

I was thinking it might look better in motion... and the framerate issues suck, but it's not nearly as terrible as I imagined.

VanWinkle

What? Unit 13 was critically well liked? Metacritic has it at 71%. And Hot Shots Golf was at 76%, and Prinny at 72%. Not terrible, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they were well liked.

And I think it's even more of a stretch to say they did well commercially. Unit 13's developer got shutdown.

Yes, 7/10 is well liked. Doesn't seem like a stretch whatsoever. And by commercially, I didn't mean sales, but users that aren't reviewers liked it. People like us.

Yeah they're critically claimed but I don't like them and I'm the one buying them. So like I said, it pays off to take everything as it is -an opinion- and do some research for yourself. The more videos you watch and the more gameplay you become familiar with, the more educated your purchase will be.

That's fine. It's always good to do additional research since everybody has different opinions. What you said was "everything that was released was recommended", like we were just recommending games for the mere fact they were on the Vita. We recommended good games. Still do. Every once in awhile somebody will recommend something that isn't very well liked. That'll happen sometimes. What you posted were well liked games, not just by Vitagaf, so it made since to recommend them.

So guys ... I was playing Persona 4 a bit more and I finally got passed the long set up, now I'm completely hooked! Wow, the game is so damn good!!!! I think I'm going to finally play through it now :)

wilflare

So guys ... I was playing Persona 4 a bit more and I finally got passed the long set up, now I'm completely hooked! Wow, the game is so damn good!!!! I think I'm going to finally play through it now :)

me too. I'm at the second dungeon. lol. I'm still trying to get my fusions in order.
my characters are like Lv29 and I'm only in late May... think I am grinding too much

omg_mjd

me too. I'm at the second dungeon. lol. I'm still trying to get my fusions in order.
my characters are like Lv29 and I'm only in late May... think I am grinding too much

Heh yeah I think you might be. I'm doing another run through P4G on normal difficulty and I'm at late June and my MC is only level 21.

wilflare

Heh yeah I think you might be. I'm doing another run through P4G on normal difficulty and I'm at late June and my MC is only level 21.

hmm. they really make fusions difficult.
I am constantly out of slots/space to carry the different personas needed for Fusion and summoning them is so expensive!

I was trying to max out the skillset of each new Persona I obtain... so they ended up causing me to grind.. a little too much

omg_mjd

I am constantly out of slots/space to carry the different personas needed for Fusion and summoning them is so expensive!

I was trying to max out the skillset of each new Persona I obtain... so they ended up causing me to grind.. a little too much

Since it's your first playthrough I think your primary goal should be to gain enough power to beat the current bosses of the dungeons and just keep moving the story forward. Each new dungeon you unlock will contain new Personas which will help with your fusions.

Also the truly powerful fusions will occur mid to late game when you've achieved the max level S. Links--as it takes a LOT of XP to make high level Personas gain 10 levels and the S. Link bonuses really come into play in those situations.

wilflare

Lol. There are too many personas to possibly do that.

lol. maybe I should just move on. haha I'm trying to ensure I carry enough to max out my S.Links.

SMT4 has so many Personas from Persona 4 lol

how I hope they remake P3P... as P3G or something for the Vita

Since it's your first playthrough I think your primary goal should be to gain enough power to beat the current bosses of the dungeons and just keep moving the story forward. Each new dungeon you unlock will contain new Personas which will help with your fusions.

Also the truly powerful fusions will occur mid to late game when you've achieved the max level S. Links--as it takes a LOT of XP to make high level Personas gain 10 levels and the S. Link bonuses really come into play in those situations.

I'm at a point where my MC is weaker than my other characters (in terms of Persona Level).
It's really super expensive to fuse the right Personas :O

No offense, but P4G is SMT for babies. Just fuse like crazy and complete your Persona Compendium as much as possible. Just keep inheriting the desirable skills, and worry about your S-Links for leveling up. Outside of a slight difficulty ramp-up toward the beginning, the rest of the game was cake.

wilflare

No offense, but P4G is SMT for babies. Just fuse like crazy and complete your Persona Compendium as much as possible. Just keep inheriting the desirable skills, and worry about your S-Links for leveling up. Outside of a slight difficulty ramp-up toward the beginning, the rest of the game was cake.

no offense taken! yeap. trying to max the skillsets in other to inherit the skills I want.
so far.. seems like those Growth/Invigorate/Regenerate are the best haha

no offense taken! yeap. trying to max the skillsets in other to inherit the skills I want.
so far.. seems like those Growth/Invigorate/Regenerate are the best haha

Invigorate is ideal for replenishing your SP. Regenerate is kind of useless later in the game, and Growth doesn't matter much once your S-Links are up. I'd concentrate on any buff/debuff skills, as well as any that reflect damage. Towards the end of the game, I fused a Mother Harlot that reflected physical and most magical attacks. I was pretty much unstoppable.

wilflare

Invigorate is ideal for replenishing your SP. Regenerate is kind of useless later in the game, and Growth doesn't matter much once your S-Links are up. I'd concentrate on any buff/debuff skills, as well as any that reflect damage. Towards the end of the game, I fused a Mother Harlot that reflected physical and most magical attacks. I was pretty much unstoppable.

thanks for the tip!
hmm during my first few rounds of Fusion.. I pretty much left out those buff/debuff stuff for attack spells.. seem like that's not the way to go. (wanted to be multi-elemental for easy grind)

so go for more Passive skills?

I really hope I don't forget the wrong skills for my other characters. their Phys skills seem kinda useless

EDIT:
does EXP get split by the way? is there any benefit in SOLOing dungeons?

thanks for the tip!
hmm during my first few rounds of Fusion.. I pretty much left out those buff/debuff stuff for attack spells.. seem like that's not the way to go. (wanted to be multi-elemental for easy grind)

so go for more Passive skills?

I really hope I don't forget the wrong skills for my other characters. their Phys skills seem kinda useless

Your normal attacks more than make up for the physical skills. I recommend ditching them at the earliest opportunity. I kept saving them for a theoretical situation that never happened. Buffs/Debuffs, healing skills, counters, and reflects pretty much dominate an already easy game.

I keep saying that this game is super easy, and it is, but I really enjoyed it, and logged over 80 hours. It's just that after the uphill battle that was Nocturne, this game was surprisingly easy.

Also... ignore what everyone else recommends, and romance every girl in the game! Break hearts, have girls "sleep over", and own up to the super-pimp that you are.

wilflare

Your normal attacks more than make up for the physical skills. I recommend ditching them at the earliest opportunity. I kept saving them for a theoretical situation that never happened. Buffs/Debuffs, healing skills, counters, and reflects pretty much dominate an already easy game.

I keep saying that this game is super easy, and it is, but I really enjoyed it, and logged over 80 hours. It's just that after the uphill battle that was Nocturne, this game was surprisingly easy.

Also... ignore what everyone else recommends, and romance every girl in the game! Break hearts, have girls "sleep over", and own up to the super-pimp that you are.

haha thanks! just hope there's an easier way to destroy those rare enemies. those gold hands/gloves.

and is 12 Personas the max you can carry?

hmm. have u done NG+?

I think there's one more question I wanted to ask but I can't recall now. darn.

EDIT:
it's weird how in P4G, the PSN disconnects every time my Vita goes into standby. ugh. and Weapon upgrades are kinda pointless :X
I remember the question now... lol. when is the earliest I should try my luck with Death? haha I keep meeting the chest that contains it!

crinale

I don't want to start Persona 4 Q & A festa so I'll just post 1 tip
To put it bluntly, the essential of enjoying dungeon crawling in P4G boils down to how quickly you learn invigorate.
Once you learn it, when you are in short of SP just use goho-m and enter the Castle. Then find an enemy and keep guarding until our SP replenishes to maximum.
While your buddies never learn invigorate skill, there are equivalent accessories. If they run out of SP then slap such accessories to them and do the same as above.

Atlus deliberately balanced the game to prohibit you from learning invigorate at the first dungeon :)

wilflare

I don't want to start Persona 4 Q & A festa so I'll just post 1 tip
To put it bluntly, the essential of enjoying dungeon crawling in P4G boils down to how quickly you learn invigorate.
Once you learn it, when you are in short of SP just use goho-m and enter the Castle. Then find an enemy and keep guarding until our SP replenishes to maximum.
While your buddies never learn invigorate skill, there are equivalent accessories. If they run out of SP then slap such accessories to them and do the same as above.

Atlus deliberately balanced the game to prohibit you from learning invigorate at the first dungeon :)

thanks! haha I can't believe how much time I spent at the first dungeon. I left it with Yu at Lv24 or something. lol

haha thanks! just hope there's an easier way to destroy those rare enemies. those gold hands/gloves.

and is 12 Personas the max you can carry?

hmm. have u done NG+?

I think there's one more question I wanted to ask but I can't recall now. darn.

EDIT:
it's weird how in P4G, the PSN disconnects every time my Vita goes into standby. ugh. and Weapon upgrades are kinda pointless :X

Just hit those gold hands/gloves with physical attacks. Use Chie's skill that buff your criticals, and you'll usually kill at least one of the three, if not more.

No use to soloing dungeons, but I'd definitely recommend always keeping Yukiko in your party as she'll be your main healer.

I haven't done new game +, 80 hours was enough for me, but I did get the best ending, and did all the side quests. There are some small optional things to do on the second run, but you'll probably be burnt out by then.

omg_mjd

The fewer party members you have the more XP each of you will get. I've soloed a few floors of dungeons I've beaten just to get extra XP in my first playthrough (to meet the level fusion requirements). Goes without saying you need to have a way to replenish your SP & HP before going solo.

I remember the question now... lol. when is the earliest I should try my luck with Death? haha I keep meeting the chest that contains it!

I believe Death is level 85 (?) so if you're at that level or higher you should be able to beat him.

Oh, and the power and mind charge skills are very important. Those really help with bosses and golden hands. A charged attack will net you more damage than the same attack done twice.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Rayman Origins on Vita is <3.

Just need to unlock a few more mods in Sonic Racing to plat it.

One of my proudest platinum trophies on Vita.

Might bite on an import of Miku Hatsune because I'm Jonesing for some rhythm action games.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

But unit 13 is awesome. I bought it this year, during a sale

Blinck

Just need to unlock a few more mods in Sonic Racing to plat it.

One of my proudest platinum trophies on Vita.

Might bite on an import of Miku Hatsune because I'm Jonesing for some rhythm action games.

How is sonic racing on the vita?
The demo was a bit underwhelming graphically, seemed a bit dry, but that might be that specific map/track.
How is the game as a whole on the system?

And good luck on getting the plat :D

Top Bottom