• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | May 2013 | Lovecraftian Wasteland

xJavonta

Banned
Just played a bit of the Toukiden demo on my old PSP.

I don't know a lick of Japanese so I had no idea of what I was doing. I just killed monsters. No doubt it'll be better on the Vita with better IQ, dual analogs, and a language I can comprehend lol. I think I'm gonna buy Soul Sacrifice now (or maybe P4G, still haven't decided)

antibolo

Banned
A download list? You mean the active downloads? There's not much that can be done on that front, but as far as actual download management goes MS and Valve are ahead of everyone else (I dare say Origin too)

Please explain how downloads on Xbox are better. I have a 360 and I find it's pretty much as crappy as Sony's.

Like why the hell can't they just show me a full list of all the games I own on my account, like Steam does? Their methods of showing me what I own are so ass-backwards.

Please explain how downloads on Xbox are better. I have a 360 and I find it's pretty much as crappy as Sony's.

Like why the hell can't they just show me a full list of all the games I own on my account, like Steam does? Their methods of showing me what I own are so ass-backwards.
I think there is a full download list on 360 somewhere... it's just hidden in settings and really crappy. A step behind the PS3's download list, which still isn't perfect.

I want searchable download lists with categories for different kinds of downloads for all consoles next-gen.

Grinchy

Banned
In my mind every Vita player already played Golden lol its like telling someone to buy a Wii and play Super Mario Galaxy

I must be the last person who hasn't bought it yet. I planned to when I first got my Vita but the game took forever to come out. When it did, I just didn't have the time for it. I still don't really have the time for it but I totally want it.

DigitalOp

Banned
Sup yall,

Quick question.

Anybody ever use the multimedia features of the Vita? Any movie watchers? How viable is it due to limited Mem Card space?

The PSP was pretty popular as a MP3 player back in the early 2000's. Does the Vita carry the legacy?

Email users? Social App users? I love how its such a capable device, just tryna maximize the usage

nampad

I did use it for videos at the beginning when travelling but now I don't have any space left on my 32 gb card for that. Also converting video files for watching it on the Vita wasn't practical as it doesn't support the most popular formats.

Also used it for mp3s which worked well, but then again I had to delete the files for more space. Jumped at the Music Unlimited deal for €12 a year and really like it. It is nicely integrated in the Vita OS. Don't know if I would pay full price though.

danthefan

Finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss last night. Have to say I really enjoyed it. It looks stunning and I never got frustrated with it like I did Uncharted 3. It's good and lengthy too.

Toro's Friend Network, don't recall the AC elements though.

Where's Open Me, either? :(

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ps-coming-friend-network-and-imaginstruments/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/20/open-me-for-ps-vita-coming-to-north-america/

Friend Network says Spring, which ends next month on the 20th. "Later this year" for Open Me.

Well, maybe Sony America's definition of Spring is the last week before Memorial Day, which is the coming Monday. Maybe it'll just randomly show up next Tuesday?

A lot of these apps are taking EONS to come across all networks, it's really dumb considering lots of them are already in English or they would take little to no translating. You'd think they would finally have more communication happening between SCEE, SCEA and SCEJ but I bet it's a lot worse than we think.

Storm360

I find the image from remote play to be a bit blurry. I suspect that this is because the encoding is done in the psp's resolution (the current remote play is a holdover from the psp anyway). I think you'd be better off playing on the ps3.

Oh okay, I prefer playing stuff on the Vita, since I tend to pick up and put it down while doing stuff on my PC (rendering etc), Never played them before though, so i'll give them a download on the PS3

omg_mjd

Sup yall,

Quick question.

Anybody ever use the multimedia features of the Vita? Any movie watchers? How viable is it due to limited Mem Card space?

The PSP was pretty popular as a MP3 player back in the early 2000's. Does the Vita carry the legacy?

Email users? Social App users? I love how its such a capable device, just tryna maximize the usage

Music sounds great through headphones and videos look sick on the screen. It's the memory card that holds it back--I deleted all my media files to make room for games.

I don't use the email app at all but I use the twitter app a lot.

I can't believe there isn't a PSM app that reads PDFs or ePubs. I guess PSM apps can't load external files?

etrain911

Toro's Friend Network, don't recall the AC elements though.

Where's Open Me, either? :(

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ps-coming-friend-network-and-imaginstruments/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/20/open-me-for-ps-vita-coming-to-north-america/

Friend Network says Spring, which ends next month on the 20th. "Later this year" for Open Me.

My heart skipped a beat until I clicked the link. :( I was hoping for something similar to Rune Factory. I've been meaning to play those games, but I haven't found a compelling reason to buy them.

I must be the last person who hasn't bought it yet. I planned to when I first got my Vita but the game took forever to come out. When it did, I just didn't have the time for it. I still don't really have the time for it but I totally want it.

I've seen it for under $30 as of late. You should hop on that. With the amount of content in that game, I'd say it's worth $60.

DiscoJer

I actually have used my Vita to watch videos more than anything else I've done with it. It's actually several steps back from the PSP in terms of usage, other than the screen obviously (which while mostly great, tends to oversaturate things, too, so people can sometimes look like they have fake tans).

For instance, on the PSP, you can quickly move through your videos using the shoulder buttons. You could play in slow motion, and adjust the playback in tenths of seconds. About the only real option on the Vita is playing at 1.5 and 1.0 speed. And basic features like Repeat are sort of hidden, you have to tap finger in the bottom right to bring up settings, the pick repeat from a menu if want a video to repeat, while it's just in the main toolbar on the PSP.

I can't believe there isn't a PSM app that reads PDFs or ePubs. I guess PSM apps can't load external files?

I can't believe there isn't an official app, I mean, it's not like Sony has their own e-book store or anything

AmanoBuff

Thought you guys might want to know that there are some high res direct feed scans for Freedom Wars out there.

Obviously I can't post them here, but the stuff shown there looks quite great despite being still a year away. I'm really digging the design of that game.

Grisby

Noooo Dokuro spoiler. Sittn' on my front page but I haven't played it yet.

I finished up Soul Sacrifice and have been messing around with various games. Gonna keep LBP in for the next few days. That game is such a treat. Hope more people creative than me check it out so they can make me some levels.

Sol1dus

Was really enjoying Guacamelee again and then I got to some tree. Managed to climb level, managed to climb it with ease and then got to this room full of bomb dudes and I'm about to rage quit this shit until the end of summer.

Edit, got it. Thought the green enemies could only be killed with the green attack. Jk jk.

Move along.

Takao

Banned
Bwahaha, I was basically overlooking all the indie games because those don't count in the eyes of the naysayers and the fence-sitters. They want huge, impossible games on a handheld and then they complain that they don't want console experiences on a handheld, they want bite sized versions of console games. The circle keeps going round and round ;)

There really is a ton of Vita games coming, so excited!

Those huge impossible games certainly seemed possible on PSP ;)

Those huge impossible games certainly seemed possible on PSP ;)

True, true - but they're even more possible now on Vita! Sadly, a lot of people just don't get it. Most of us are dads or people with very, very busy lives and as such we want a home console experience on the go.

DigitalOp

Banned
It was great being able to listen to podcasts while playing Soul Sacrifice.

Good use of features!

Music sounds great through headphones and videos look sick on the screen. It's the memory card that holds it back--I deleted all my media files to make room for games.

I don't use the email app at all but I use the twitter app a lot.

Hmmm hope we have a price cut soon :/

I actually have used my Vita to watch videos more than anything else I've done with it. It's actually several steps back from the PSP in terms of usage, other than the screen obviously (which while mostly great, tends to oversaturate things, too, so people can sometimes look like they have fake tans).

For instance, on the PSP, you can quickly move through your videos using the shoulder buttons. You could play in slow motion, and adjust the playback in tenths of seconds. About the only real option on the Vita is playing at 1.5 and 1.0 speed. And basic features like Repeat are sort of hidden, you have to tap finger in the bottom right to bring up settings, the pick repeat from a menu if want a video to repeat, while it's just in the main toolbar on the

I can't believe there isn't an official app, I mean, it's not like Sony has their own e-book store or anything

PSP.

I figured. Im gonna keep it too a minimum. but it is convenient though!

Gamespawn

Stupid NGS plus. This game would be awesome if it wasn't for it's shitty platforming. The fighting is fine. Why does Ryu move so clunky?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Finally finished persona 3 portable. Took me upwards of 90 hours. What a ride. Best rpg I've played since the ps2 era. I am going to take a break from the series and play something else now.

wilflare

Finally finished persona 3 portable. Took me upwards of 90 hours. What a ride. Best rpg I've played since the ps2 era. I am going to take a break from the series and play something else now.

is there a new game+?
haha I think I really overlevelled. My MC is at Lv41... and I had a fusion accident and got a Genbu... and I'm at the third Dungeon only.. lol.

following a guide helped me get thru the game. without it, I think I'll be rather loss as to what to do with the game.
#spoiltgamer

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
is there a new game+?
haha I think I really overlevelled. My MC is at Lv41... and I had a fusion accident and got a Genbu... and I'm at the third Dungeon only.. lol.

following a guide helped me get thru the game. without it, I think I'll be rather loss as to what to do with the game.
#spoiltgamer

Yea, there is a new game plus, but I followed a social links guide to max out my social links in the first playthrough. Don't think I will play play it again soon. Gotta do something about my backlog.

javier jaguar can suck my ass drink box, fu guacamelle, i am about to break this Vita in half...
I switched to PS3 when I got to him. Did not want to risk smashing my Vita into the side of my head.
Also, this comment had me laughing loudly at nearly 5 AM with 4 people sleeping in my house, lmfao.

Argh need a good dungeon crawler for my Vita. What happened to Warriors lair?
Last official news we had was a year ago, that development had been moved from Idol Minds to Sony San Diego. Since then a message board post claiming to be the lead designer at Idol Minds said he believed it had been canceled. I guess we won't know for sure until it's either re-revealed, or San Diego announces a new non-MLB game.

Futurlab just put out a "Show Thumb Respect" Vita wallpaper for Velocity Ultra:

2013-05-25-103211.jpg

Grab it here: Velocity®Ultra PS Vita Wallpaper!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nothing will come of Warriors Lair, but Sony should yet and get the Desktop Dungeons team on the Vita one unity development is stable.

I'd love to play that on the go.

Top Bottom