• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Token Indie Thread

breakfuss

so how's Kickbeat?

btw the Vita has no (good) games argument is falling apart!
Based on Metacritic (lol), Vita now has 62 games in green compared to 3DS (60)
http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/1lkqg2/the_vita_62_finally_overtakes_the_3ds_60_in/

Hmmm. I don't understand why it's necessary to make the 3ds comparisons. It reeks of an inferiority complex. Let it be, I say. Also -- the metacritic total is skewed by the fact that vita gets a lot of...(good) ports. Of those, how many are original games?

Massa

Omg I just picked up a Vita + Killzone with a 16gb card, I'm so excited to try it out.

So I'm going to set up the US account and grab a ps+ sub from Amazon. Do they just send a code rather than the card, and if so how long does it usually take? If it takes a while I'd rather get it from somewhere who give you the code quicker.

I'm now part of Vita GAF, to be honest I never thought I'd be saying that ;)

If you buy the version that says [Online Game Code] you get it instantly. You have to buy $20 or $50 cards though, no other codes are available there.

Now, if you bought the system in the UK (that deal looks like an UK deal to me) you should really consider going with a UK account. They get better games on Playstation Plus.

wilflare

Hmmm. I don't understand why it's necessary to make the 3ds comparisons. It reeks of an inferiority complex. Let it be, I say. Also -- the metacritic total is skewed by the fact that vita gets a lot of...(good) ports. Of those, how many are original games?

haha I know I know. which is why I inserted (lol) there
both consoles are good and helluva fun to play

EDIT: and the main point was kinda like how people like to diss the Vita and say it has no games, no good games, etc
so this comparison (as phail as it maybe) is more of a tongue-in-cheek response

How do you already have Killzone?
Killzone is released on the 4th here in Australia, the guys sold me the bundle a day early anyway ;)

Amazon has Digital Code delivery :)
so you can buy and they will send you the code right away (or at least u can click to show the code on the website)

Cheers mate, going to grab one right now. I'm just charging the Vita, should I let it fully charge before switching it on or will it be right? Woot!

Just double checking but this is what I should get, and then buy the year of ps+ with that $50 credit.

Iacobellis

Killzone is released on the 4th here in Australia, the guys sold me the bundle a day early anyway ;)

Cheers mate, going to grab one right now. I'm just charging the Vita, should I let it fully charge before switching it on or will it be right? Woot!

Shit, so you do have the full game! Very jealous, not out in the US until the 10th.

wilflare

Just double checking but this is what I should get, and then buy the year of ps+ with that $50 credit.

you would be fine :) (with the battery thing)
and yeap get the $50 PSN credit instead instead :D

Iacobellis

Will someone please explain to me why I've become obsessed with Ridge Racer? Fucking Ridge-nickel-and-dime-me-for-cars-and-tracks-Racer?

It is my pride. It is my shame.

Also, played the Killzone beta for about 5 seconds and was completely sold. Game cannot come out soon enough...

Don't feel alone, I also love Ridge Racer on Vita.

And I paid $40 for it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Will someone please explain to me why I've become obsessed with Ridge Racer? Fucking Ridge-nickel-and-dime-me-for-cars-and-tracks-Racer?

It is my pride. It is my shame.

I played 6 on the 360 up until the difficulty reached LOLIMPOSSIBLE levels. Swore it off after that. Now I've completely relapsed.

Why are you supporting such abhorrent practice of nickel-diming mannnn? :|

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Some strange form of Stockholm syndrome?

thing is ...it's fine, handling cars is pretty damn good but the problem with it is with lack of contents and it's a big freaking issue with racing games, if it was fully featured like the other RR games I'll put it with RR7,R4 and RR1/2 PSP as my one of my favorite RR but sadly this was not the case and I can't be happy with with they did with it here.

Regardless (and especially since now it's not on sale anymore), how they handled Ridge Racer Vita was despicable.

I am not sure that's even debatable.

I'm sure if people supported it originally there's no way the sale price would've hit 6.75. :)
I like DLC, but you're right, the shit Scamco pulled with RR Vita was pretty bad. But if you're not giving them $55 for everything, it kind of evens out.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm sure if people supported it originally there's no way the sale price would've hit 6.75. :)
I like DLC, but you're right, the shit Scamco pulled with RR Vita was pretty bad. But if you're not giving them $55 for everything, it kind of evens out.

It's just like I want to go to every house of every customer buying FIFA 14 for Vita and punch them for rewarding atrocious treatment from gaming companies.

oggob

Yeah full game. Not playing though as I'm selling it to another AusGAF member, as I'm going all digital ;)

Were they oblivious to the street date break, or was this because you are a 'valued' customer...

I would love to head home to via JB and pick it up for the long trip home.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's just like I want to go to every house of every customer buying FIFA 14 for Vita and punch them for rewarding atrocious treatment from gaming companies.

While I completely hate what EA is doing and what happened with RR Vita I just can't blame those people, the problem here is the lack of options and alternative on Vita, people bought RR (all three of them) with it's tiny contents because there is no arcade racer on the system, people keep buying the reskinned FIFA because it's the only football option on Vita, and sadly there no guarantee that not buying reskinned FIFA 11 will let EA feel something and give Vita a new version but maybe just drop support completely and not releasing their yearly roster update for FIFA (see Konami) .

wilflare

Someone on CAG gave me Unit 13!
Just crossing my fingers for a sale on Divekick and Velocity Ultra and I think I got more than enough games to play on Vita

/right
There's still Muramasa, EDF, Totori Plus (Mereru Plus) on my wishlist - wallet woes :(

32GB is really recommended for going all Digital. The juggling isn't funny at all

And Vitabros, please for the love of all things Vita, tweet with the hashtag #MightyNo9VitaPS4! We need that game!

VanWinkle

I just went to track my order for Rayman on Amazon, and they switched my expected delivery to Wendnesday. :-| I may have to just go pick it up at GameStop in the morning and then return the Amazon copy when I get it in. That's so disappointing.

breakfuss

I just went to track my order for Rayman on Amazon, and they switched my expected delivery to Wendnesday. :-| I may have to just go pick it up at GameStop in the morning and then return the Amazon copy when I get it in. That's so disappointing.

...orrrrr, just wait those extra 24 hours? lol.

Good luck with going all-digital on a 16GB card!

I guess I'll just juggle the downloads with my PC, until there is a larger/cheaper card. Plus I won't buy many games.

Were they oblivious to the street date break, or was this because you are a 'valued' customer...

I would love to head home to via JB and pick it up for the long trip home.

The game itself didn't come up with 4th of September restriction, but the bundle did. They did it anyway though and just overrided the system. I don't usually shop there either.

Holy shit...you lucky devil. I'm so jelly. How's the campaign so far? Anyone online yet? (or does it require servers to be turned on?)

I'm not opening it, selling it for $40 to another GAFer. ;)

Aspiring

Ok vita gaf I have 2 questions.

Does anyone think AC liberation will go PS+ soon? If not;

Is it any good? I really want to play it. I enjoyed 3 so anyone care to help?

Thanks!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ok vita gaf I have 2 questions.

Does anyone think AC liberation will go PS+ soon? If not;

Is it any good? I really want to play it. I enjoyed 3 so anyone care to help?

Thanks!

Doubtful.

And the story is largely nonsense, and the framerate problems are awful.

Someone on CAG gave me Unit 13!
Just crossing my fingers for a sale on Divekick and Velocity Ultra and I think I got more than enough games to play on Vita

/right
There's still Muramasa, EDF, Totori Plus (Mereru Plus) on my wishlist - wallet woes :(

32GB is really recommended for going all Digital. The juggling isn't funny at all

And Vitabros, please for the love of all things Vita, tweet with the hashtag #MightyNo9VitaPS4! We need that game!

I tweeted Shahid already. I want this game and will do what it takes.

wilflare

I tweeted Shahid already. I want this game and will do what it takes.

Thanks bro! We need the hashtag #MightyNo9VitaPS4 to trend! The more games on the Vita and PS4, the merrier! :D

I'm surprised Giana Sisters isn't on the Vita! I would play it on OLED with the awesome Dpad!

breakfuss

Hahahaha oh you

Ahh, well, you know me... mr. negative (toto the II). I have to say your loyalty to the vita port is quite admirable given the recent turn of events. vita for life vita, I guess.

Now I await these Killzone: Merc impressions. Don't let me down, GC!

VanWinkle

Ahh, well, you know me... mr. negative (toto the II). I have to say your loyalty to the vita port is quite admirable given the recent turn of events. vita for life vita, I guess.

Now I await these Killzone: Merc impressions. Don't let me down, GC!

Cheapest one and I'm pretty broke right now. Plus I like playing on my Vita more than any of the other systems. It's not that I'm happy the Invaded stages are curiously absent. I'm just extremely excited for the game regardless, as Origins was one of my favorite platformers on earth.

Alright so I'm just downloading all the free ps+ games, does someone have a list so I don't miss any? Also when does the list get updated for the September games (Rayman etc)?

AmanoBuff

Haha FFX/FFX-2 is delayed until 2014.

Hahahahaha.

Hahaha.

Is it confirmed already?

I hope it gets a holiday release in Japan at least. But honestly, I have so much in my backlog that I don't mind at all waiting until next year. Even more so if this time will help them truly polish the game.

Also, it seems that Vita will get both physical and digital release.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(Today, 02:08 PM)

We all know how you truly feel.

Hahahaha......

:(

Alright so I'm just downloading all the free ps+ games, does someone have a list so I don't miss any? Also when does the list get updated for the September games (Rayman etc)?

I am positively sure you won't miss anything if you just download everything from your instant game collection menu on Vita's PSN store.

Aspiring

Doubtful.

And the story is largely nonsense, and the framerate problems are awful.

If I remember right the frame rate is pretty horrible in all AC titles, is this more so?

So is that give it a miss?

An as someone who has had their Vita for half a day, Uncharted is amazing. Been playing it for a few hours and really enjoying it.

Thanks bro! We need the hashtag #MightyNo9VitaPS4 to trend! The more games on the Vita and PS4, the merrier! :D

I'm surprised Giana Sisters isn't on the Vita! I would play it on OLED with the awesome Dpad!

I would play any platformer on the Vita. It's perfect. I'm just waiting for the next one to be released.

Hahahaha......

:(

I am positively sure you won't miss anything if you just download everything from your instant game collection menu on Vita's PSN store.

Great, thanks. What about the new games that get updated every month. Where can I find out what they are and when that happens.

Also, if I press the power button once that puts it into sleep mode? In sleep mode does it still download?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If I remember right the frame rate is pretty horrible in all AC titles, is this more so?

So is that give it a miss?

An as someone who has had their Vita for half a day, Uncharted is amazing. Been playing it for a few hours and really enjoying it.

Vita just can't handle the stuff they're throwing at it. A very good case of a developer throwing everything without consideration about which or what content best fit the platform.

Not a bad bad bad game, but definitely not something I'd recommend anyone buying with a full price.

Great, thanks. What about the new games that get updated every month. Where can I find out what they are and when that happens.

Also, if I press the power button once that puts it into sleep mode? In sleep mode does it still download?

They always announce them at PSBlog, but the Instant Game Collection section also updates every time we have new content.

Also, protip: Check "Weekly Deals" from Featured tab. It gives you information about discounted games on the current week--discounted games that may not appear on your Instant Game Collection tab (like the recent EDF Vita, I believe)

Yes, power button for sleep. As download, YMMV, some people's Vita got their downloads paused, some are not. Conflicting reports about this one--mine paused :(

i missed the part where this is funny :(

It's hilarious man.

Ah well, at least I have Bravely Default to tide me over... wait, that's fucking 2014 too :\ (and shut up you lucky PAL players!)

Edgeward

Dammit, I accepted a quest in Little Framerate Story and not only is it timed but there is a huge rock blocking the way to the quest and I think I need a miner class but I haven't unlocked it yet. This is gonna annoy me.

Top of the page Buy stuff indies edition: Guacamelee, Hotline Miami, Velocity Ultra, Stealth Inc, Mutant Blobs from Space and Spelunky.

omg_mjd

Caved in and bought Dragon's Crown last night. Man those graphics. Much like Muramasa Rebirth, it feels like I'm playing a work of art. Consider me a Vanillaware/George Kamitani fanboy from now on.

Top Bottom