• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voice cast for the Ratchet & Clank movie revealed

Great cast. It's nice to see that the best R&C villain will be in this one. Chairman Drek was pretty forgettable when compared to Nefarious and Lawrence.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
i wonder who stallone will voice....

According to Wikipedia:

• James Arnold Taylor as Ratchet, Clank's Lombax friend
  • David Kaye as Clank, Ratchet's robot friend
  • Jim Ward as Captain Qwark, a galactic 'superhero' and celebrity
  • Paul Giamatti as Chairman Drek, the leader of the Blarg
  • Armin Shimerman as Doctor Nefarious, a robotic supervillian with a vendetta against Captain Qwark and organic life forms
  • John Goodman as Grimroth
  • Bella Thorne as Cora
  • Rosario Dawson as Elaris
  • Sylvester Stallone as Victor
  • Michael Bell as Lawrence, Doctor Nefarious' robotic butler.
  • Alessandro Juliani as Stig.
  • Lee Tockar as Mr. Micron.

So Hype! :D

Dang, Soony. Why did it take this long to get a R&C movie rolling? This could be BIG!

So so so hype for this, and the casting just makes it better :)

SykoTech

Wow, that's a much better cast than I thought it'd have. Awesome, R&C certainly deserves it.

Show me the damn game already.

So with me and my good lady, our three kids and my eldest grandson all wanting to go, this is going to be an expensive trip to the movies for Pops! Can't wait though.

TP-DK

Wow, when I saw the thread title I expected nothing but names I never heard before.

Paul Giamatti and John Goodman are some great choises.

Illucio

Banned
latest

They have Dimmy Awarded Sylvester Stallone!? This movie is going to be great! :D

Calcium

Banned
I'm looking forward to this, but I can't shake the feeling that this will be really bad. Great cast though, so there is some hope.

SerTapTap

More excited about the original cast than the big names but it's a good cast. Don't fuck this up. Could well be the best video game movie/first legit great one.

Stallone and Goodman will fit this world so well; their voices are unmistakable and have so much character. I still want to keep my expectations low, but it just got harder to do that.

According to Wikipedia:

• James Arnold Taylor as Ratchet, Clank's Lombax friend
  • David Kaye as Clank, Ratchet's robot friend
  • Jim Ward as Captain Qwark, a galactic 'superhero' and celebrity
  • Paul Giamatti as Chairman Drek, the leader of the Blarg
  • Armin Shimerman as Doctor Nefarious, a robotic supervillian with a vendetta against Captain Qwark and organic life forms
  • John Goodman as Grimroth
  • Bella Thorne as Cora
  • Rosario Dawson as Elaris
  • Sylvester Stallone as Victor
  • Michael Bell as Lawrence, Doctor Nefarious' robotic butler.
  • Alessandro Juliani as Stig.
  • Lee Tockar as Mr. Micron.
Weird having Drek and Nefarious in the same movie / game

Anyone else get a little bummed when they hire mostly live-action actors to do animated voices? It's not that they can't pull it off (though it is a different set of skills), but all too often I'm left picturing the actor I recognize doing the speaking, rather than being absorbed in the character they're portraying.

Top Bottom