• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Vote] Best Console Racing Sim franchise this generation: Forza Motorsport vs. Gran Turismo Vs. Project Cars

Best racing sim of this generation (2013-2020)

• Total voters

ethomaz

Banned
You are the Voost Kain of GTS lol
Nope.

I don’t create narratives or lies about GTS.
What I said is actually true.

GTS is more relevant than Forza 7.

Firstit has more players, second it has a bigger online community, there are more viewers, more championships, etc etc etc.

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
I strong disagree... GTS is pretty much the only relevant racing sim on consoles right now.
Same for iRacing on PC.

Numbers of players, online community, spectators viewers, Championship entries, etc are all way bigger on GTS than Forza 7.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with there being a lot more PS4s sold and those weren't largely sold due to GTS, but Sony's exclusives in general. No wait, it has everything to do with that.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm sure that has nothing to do with there being a lot more PS4s sold and those weren't largely sold due to GTS, but Sony's exclusives in general. No wait, it has everything to do with that.
No matter the spin you try to say it is more relevant.

ethomaz

Banned
You are saying that as a Playstation fanboy, not as a neutral observer who has both platforms and game titles.
It doesn’t matter how I say it.

Numbers of players, online community, spectators viewers, Championship entries, etc are all way bigger on GTS than Forza 7.

How Forza 7 is more relevant?
You are just fooling yourself.

I don’t need to be neutral to see the obvious.

Last edited:
So ethomaz ethomaz is just going to ignore the user who posted player numbers of GTS showing a drop until late 2018 were since it's been uneven. Ok.

I'm sure people are having fun at te tourneys but this "Revolutionized Esports" thing still doesn't have an explanation. A couple positive words from Turn 10 (if they are true) about some mechanics doesn't really have much to do with the "revolutionized Esports" statement. What exactly was new and so significantly changed that GTS introduced?

Maybe you're trying to say something else and the language barrier is in the way?

JLB

Banned
Nope.

I don’t create narratives or lies about GTS.
What I said is actually true.

GTS is more relevant than Forza 7.

Firstit has more players, second it has a bigger online community, there are more viewers, more championships, etc etc etc.

Let me give you another more relevant metric: This site has probably more than 80% console PS only owners, and yet Forza is up in the poll by a wide margin.

ethomaz

Banned
Let me give you another more relevant metric: This site has probably more than 80% console PS only owners, and yet Forza is up in the poll by a wide margin.
I believe this site has way more active Xbox only owners and you can see that on threads about next-gen.

But this forum has nothing to do with the market btw where GTS is more relevant than Forza 7.

You are trying to argue about Forza 7 being more relevant when every single metric shows GTS being more relevant.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
So ethomaz ethomaz is just going to ignore the user who posted player numbers of GTS showing a drop until late 2018 were since it's been uneven. Ok.

I'm sure people are having fun at te tourneys but this "Revolutionized Esports" thing still doesn't have an explanation. A couple positive words from Turn 10 (if they are true) about some mechanics doesn't really have much to do with the "revolutionized Esports" statement. What exactly was new and so significantly changed that GTS introduced?

Maybe you're trying to say something else and the language barrier is in the way?
Ignore the site that has wrong data that I already proved a lot of time because they do guesstimates?

“Statistics based on 94,491 players representing 9,449,100 players (9,091,800 of the final game) on 2020-01-13.”

They check 94,491 players and extrapolate to 9,449,100 players.

They numbers matched with the raw number you can extract from GranTurismo.com due their extrapolation being bad.

Even so they show 2018 to 2019 being flat... 2017 was launch and so bigger number of online players.

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
Where the fuck are the supposed pros that say that Forza is better than Gran Turidmo?

bc none of them are pure sims as far as I know and both are relatively good simcades, but right now in content and what it tries to achieve GT Sport is a lot bettrr than Forza unless that suddenly Max Verstappen or some Nascar dude suddenly accepts that Forza is the most realistic game out there (lmao)

ethomaz

Banned
Where the fuck are the supposed pros that say that Forza is better than Gran Turidmo?

bc none of them are pure sims as far as I know and both are relatively good simcades, but right now in content and what it tries to achieve GT Sport is a lot bettrr than Forza unless that suddenly Max Verstappen or some Nascar dude suddenly accepts that Forza is the most realistic game out there (lmao)
It is typical Xbox fans... they accuse and ask for what makes GTS different but never says anything pro that support their vote on Forza.

Because there is no argument to make their point.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
I believe this site has way more active Xbox only owners and you can see that on threads about next-gen.

But that has nothing to do with the market btw where GTS is more relevant.

"I believe this site has way more active Xbox only owners and you can see that on threads about next-gen."
This is ridiculous. Just create a poll and you will get the answer.

Wont get into a long argue with you, but the question here is which is the best racing simulator. Fully subjective. The number of viewers has nothing to do with it. If not, LoL would be the very best game of all times by a wide margin.

ethomaz

Banned
"I believe this site has way more active Xbox only owners and you can see that on threads about next-gen."
This is ridiculous. Just create a poll and you will get the answer.

Wont get into a long argue with you, but the question here is which is the best racing simulator. Fully subjective. The number of viewers has nothing to do with it. If not, LoL would be the very best game of all times by a wide margin.
GTS is the better racing on sim consoles actually.

But nice move of goal post lol
You lose the relevant arguments and started a new one.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
It is typical Xbox fans... they accuse and ask for what makes GTS different but never says anything pro that support their vote on Forza.

Because there is no argument to make their point.

"It is typical Xbox fans"
Yeah, and they are fat, eat Doritos, Mountain Dews and only play FPSs, right?

ethomaz

Banned
"It is typical Xbox fans"
Yeah, and they are fat, eat Doritos, Mountain Dews and only play FPSs, right?
It is a trend you can see in the threads actually... Xbox fans are very vocal in that pre-next-gen period.
I don’t know how they look or what they eat thought... I guess they look and eat like everybody else.

Last edited:
Ignore the site that has wrong data that I already proved a lot of time because they do guesstimates?

“Statistics based on 94,491 players representing 9,449,100 players (9,091,800 of the final game) on 2020-01-13.”

They check 94,491 players and extrapolate to 9,449,100 players.

They numbers matched with the raw number you can extract from GranTurismo.com due their extrapolation being bad.

Even so they show 2018 to 2019 being flat... 2017 was launch and so bigger number of online players.

in December 2018 Sony has 7.5 million players, in June 2019 it has 8 million copies sold and as of december 2019 is around 9 million players.

GTS sold 3.3. million in June 2018, this means that most of the player and sales growth happened in 2018 and has been declining even with official and media numbers.

So even if we exclude that source GTS is selling less and less.

ethomaz

Banned
in December 2018 Sony has 7.5 million players, in June 2019 it has 8 million copies sold and as of december 2019 is around 9 million players.

GTS sold 3.3. million in June 2018, this means that most of the player and sales growth happened in 2018 and has been declining even with official and media numbers.

So even if we exclude that source GTS is selling less and less.
Like every game lifecycle?
Sells best at launch and go decreasing thought the months unless there is some big promotion it keep decreasing until stops to sell.

What that has to do with player activity and increase in official event watchers?

It is a bit hard to follow when you keep changing the subject.

PS. My vacations starts in April and I will do a new extract from GranTurismo.com to see how much increase in playercount/sales we had these months.

Last edited:
Wut?

I never said GTS is selling more and more or that had any increase in sales lol

Are you drunk? :pie_thinking:
Serious question. Have you ever played Forza? You seem to be a PS fanboy, which isn't a problem. But at least have an open mind, rather than just spewing out biased opinions. Play Forza for once, and see for yourself.

I've played both, and Forza is much, much better, by a landslide to say the least.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
You are definatly trying too hard. Use your vacation to go and chill somewhere the food is good, the drinks are flowing, the sun is shiny and the WiFi is shit!
I do what I want in my vacation lol
I will go to Ilhabela with my wife and son... my parent go too.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Serious question. Have you ever played Forza? You seem to be a PS fanboy, which isn't a problem. But at least have an open mind, rather than just spewing out biased opinions. Play Forza for once, and see for yourself.

I've played both, and Forza is much, much better, by a landslide to say the least.
I don’t believe you played both.
And yes I played the Forza 7 demo.
Before that one I had played Forza 5 at Brasil Game Show 2013 before the console launch (played GT6 at same event before buy it).

Why I don’t believe you played both? Because there is no way anybody that played both games to say that Forza is much much much better when the SP is the same boring structure of precious Forzas and the online is a joke compared with GTS.

Last edited:
I don’t believe you played both.
And yes I played the Forza 7 demo.
Before that one I had played Forza 5 at Brasil Game Show 2013 before the console launch (played GT6 at same event before buy it).
I owned both, not just played a demo... Big difference there. Both are great games, but Forza has the upper hand, and the polls are proving it.

ethomaz

Banned
I owned both, not just played a demo... Big difference there. Both are great games, but Forza has the upper hand, and the polls are proving it.
Upper hand in what?

SP is like the previous games and add nothing to your become a better racer.
MP is mess whiteout any fair play.

I can even understand that you like the SP from Forza but the online MP is night to day in favor to GTS.

So I can’t understand how you say it has the upper hand unless you never played GTS online.

Last edited:

He’s a huge fanboy and will defend anything PD does. Back when Destiny was the thing to play he would defend the Vex Mythoclast until he was blue in the face until the day Bungie nerfed it and then his shtick was well of course it needed to be nerfed it was so OP. Moral of the story being that yes, as a GT fanboy he’s going to defend it even when it defies all logic and will be supportive of any direction PD takes it. Arguing the merits of Forza with him is pointless, as hell tell you he’s never actually even played the games, just demos at trade shows 😆

ethomaz

Banned
He’s a huge fanboy and will defend anything PD does. Back when Destiny was the thing to play he would defend the Vex Mythoclast until he was blue in the face until the day Bungie nerfed it and then his shtick was well of course it needed to be nerfed it was so OP. Moral of the story being that yes, as a GT fanboy he’s going to defend it even when it defies all logic and will be supportive of any direction PD takes it. Arguing the merits of Forza with him is pointless, as hell tell you he’s never actually even played the games, just demos at trade shows 😆
I always thought Vex was a nice trophy and a really cool weapon to use.
But I never defended it... I was against remove it from the game.

Now I really gone against the big nerf they did with Handguns... it was the best meta game Destiny ever had in Crucible.

But hey tell me what Forza7 has better than GTS?

People here looks like Phil just talk talk talk but say why they thing their choice is better than others nothing lol

I’m being the only poster in the thread showing why GTS is the better game while being attacked without any argument from the opposition.

Last edited:
I'm definitely seeing what you are saying. I don't even understand making a comparison from a demo, which usually is missing like 97% of the rest of the game, and probably was put out before the game was finalized. Sooo much logic behind that :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

"GTS revolutionized racing games!!!"

How so?

*Goes complete fanboy!!!*

ethomaz

Banned
Is this a poll, or an 'I'm ethomaz, hear me drone on' thread? I'm confused.
I reply to any quote I receive.
If I was not quoted I had only my first post in the thread.

I'm definitely seeing what you are saying. I don't even understand making a comparison from a demo, which usually is missing like 97% of the rest of the game, and probably was put out before the game was finalized. Sooo much logic behind that :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

"GTS revolutionized racing games!!!"

How so?

*Goes complete fanboy!!!*
So where is the upper hand? Lol

Or you will continue with the narrative I have both and Forza has the upper hand?

Last edited:
I strong disagree... GTS is pretty much the only relevant racing sim on consoles right now.
Same for iRacing on PC.

I strongly disagree, but I do respect your opinion and we're arguing opinions at this point. However, I would just like to emphasize again that Forza isn't ahead because it's an Xbox franchise. This isn't a fanboy poll, Forza is legit.

ethomaz

Banned
I strongly disagree, but I do respect your opinion and we're arguing opinions at this point. However, I would just like to emphasize again that Forza isn't ahead because it's an Xbox franchise. This isn't a fanboy poll, Forza is legit.
Disageee that GTS is more relevant when numbers shows that?

GTS is legit too.
People like to hate it who tried the Sport Mode can’t back anymore to old GT.

Last edited:
I reply to any quote I receive.
If I was not quoted I had only my first post in the thread.
How many cars did each game release with? How many tracks and circuits? Which plays at 4k natively, and which one only plays at 1800p with checkerboard rendering? What about the audio, the weather effects, etc? There are so many comparisons online, yet the only argument I hear is that GTS revolutionized the sim racing genre... How? Esports? Lol!

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
How many cars did each game release with? How many tracks and circuits? Which plays at 4k natively, and which one only plays at 1800p with checkerboard rendering? What about the audio, the weather effects, etc?There are so many comparisons online, yet the only argument I hear is that GTS revolutionized the soon racing genre... How? Esports? Lol!
GTS was indeed dry in content at launch... it is not for a lot of time already.
It plays in 1080p here and I never played these others versions.
The audio is surprising a good thing about GTS... I did not expect how much they changed for better after GT6.
GTS changed how eSports for that mode is done with the Sport Mode... it is really revolutionary for the consoles.
It is really that good.
The two rating system makes the experience so good that you will really enjoy playing against humans instead bots.

GTS base its structure in two parts:

1) The SP that do a great job teaching you how to race... it really goes deep and making sure you get the feeling and tricks to be competitive in races.
2) The Sport Mode that make you engage races like ever before... it is a complete different experience playing against players in a fair way where everybody wants to become a better racer. It is where GTS shines and envolve the genre.

It is really successful and great experience.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Yes, how many Forza games released on the Xbox? How many Gran Turismo games released on the PS4?
What that even means? You don’t need more than one racing sim game to be relevant lol

iRacing is there in PC with the same game.

Last edited:
GTS was indeed dry in content at launch... it is not for a lot of time already.
It plays in 1080p here and I never played these others versions.
The audio is surprising a good thing about GTS... I did not expect how much they changed for better after GT6.
GTS changed how eSports for that mode is done with the Sport Mode... it is really revolutionary for the consoles.
It is really that good.
The two rating system makes the experience so good that you will really enjoy playing against humans instead bots.
So again, that is a one sided argument.

It's like me arguing that pepper jack cheese is better than American cheddar, but I only go on to list why I like American cheddar, and not what makes it better than the other.

After playing both games for many, many hours, my conclusion is that Forza is better. It feels more realistic with the physics and handling. The weather system is amazing, not only in cockpit view, but even 3rd person view. The ground textures look much sharper on Forza than GTS. The audio sounds more realistic to the actual cars in Forza. I will say that i do like the lighting in GTS a little better than Forza when it comes to the vehicles themselves. Lighting is better in Forza in every single other aspect. GTSport render 2.8 million pixels (checkerboard 1800 - half resolution of native 1800p) Forza 7 render 8.2 million pixels (native 2160p). So there's that for resolution. Sport mode is nice in GTS, but it's NOT big enough to outweigh the comparison at all. PD seems to have dropped the ball and let Forza become one of the biggest and most successful sim races lately.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
There are 4 excellent Forza games you could choose from, in two different subseries altogether. You have one pick for Gran Turismo and reactions to that game weren't unanimous despite anything you have to say. What part of my point confuses you?
What your point has to do with you quoted from me?
You have one game called GTS and your point is?

Last edited:
What your point has to do with you quoted from me?

You're arguing that GTS is more significant in the industry because it has more players, but it seems like you're comparing it to Forza 7. There are 4 excellent Forza games this generation and that is if you disconsider FM5 as a rushed game and FH2 because it's a cross gen title. The insane consistency in Forza games cannot be countered with "GTS sold more!", at least I don't think it can.

ethomaz

Banned
So again, that is a one sided argument.

It's like me arguing that pepper jack cheese is better than American cheddar, but I only go on to list why I like American cheddar, and not what makes it better than the other.

After playing both games for many, many hours, my conclusion is that Forza is better. It feels more realistic with the physics and handling. The weather system is amazing, not only in cockpit view, but even 3rd person view. The ground textures look much sharper on Forza than GTS. The audio sounds more realistic to the actual cars in Forza. I will say that i do like the lighting in GTS a little better than Forza when it comes to the vehicles themselves. Lighting is better in Forza in every single other aspect. GTSport render 2.8 million pixels (checkerboard 1800 - half resolution of native 1800p) Forza 7 render 8.2 million pixels (native 2160p). So there's that for resolution. Sport mode is nice in GTS, but it's NOT big enough to outweigh the comparison at all. PD seems to have dropped the ball and let Forza become one of the biggest and most successful sim races lately.
That is why I have doubts about you playing it.

Handle and driving are mixed in both... GTS feels more realistic on track due the better suspension physics... Forza 7 has better tire physics... overall both have pro and cons... the biggest difference is that GTS handle and have better force feedback than Forza 7 when using wheel... that makes a complete difference experience and put GTS ahead.

If you play both with wheel you should never say Forza 7 feels more realistic than GTS I’m physic and handling.

Indeed Forza 7 is a showcase in weather system... sadly GTS only allow fixed wether but it plays really great on handle and physics... it is really nice to play events on rain.

About the graphics there are pros and cons in both... Forza has resolution and sharper image but GTS has overall better aliasing solution (on consoles), trees and overall objects on tracks are better on GTS... the biggest difference in favor of GTS is its dynamic lighting and shadow system that looks way more realistic than Forza 7.

In case iRacing is better than both and the graphics are crap.

Forza 7 has a bigger SP mode that adds nothing... GTS has a focused SP mode to make you a racer.

Online MP is way ahead in GTS.

ethomaz

Banned
You're arguing that GTS is more significant in the industry because it has more players, but it seems like you're comparing it to Forza 7. There are 4 excellent Forza games this generation and that is if you disconsider FM5 as a rushed game and FH2 because it's a cross gen title. The insane consistency in Forza games cannot be countered with "GTS sold more!", at least I don't think it can.
It is more relevant.
GTS has more players, more watchers, more tournaments, more pro players, etc etc etc.
That has nothing to do with number of titles including the fact weirdly include a arcade game more successful than the main series into the comparison.

I consider Forza Horizon maybe the biggest arcade racing in the story of the video game.

That is irrelevant to racing sim games.

I consider Forza Horizon maybe the biggest arcade racing in the story of the video game.

That is irrelevant to racing sim games.

FH is irrelevant in this discussion and yet the number of players is totally relevant? Is Fortnite the best, most relevant game in the industry right now?

Top Bottom