• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wal-Mart to match Black Friday prices THIS Friday (Nov 21st)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plaguefox

Not valid in Wisconsin? Why not?
Yeah, that caught my eye too. I wonder what's wrong with Wisconsin.

Edit: I read out there on the Internet that it's due to a law in Wisconsin that says you're not allowed to sell items below cost.

Edit2: MechDX, creepy perfect timing. :)

statham

Just a thought,
What If, Black Friday(Monday) sales started on the Monday before Thanksgiving and retail companies were closed on Thanksgiving. It would give retail a few more days to sell during the 'season' & would stop the anger/protests about working on Thanksgiving.?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Is there a PS4 controller that's really comfortable and high quality, that also has staggered thumbsticks?

Toki767

When they say "a PS4 offer" I'm guessing they can't actually sell the actual boxed GTA bundle early, so maybe they will do something like a PS4 + GTA V + The Last of Us or something as separate transactions rather than all boxed in one?

I don't understand is Wallmart going to have the Last of Us / GTA5 PS4 bundle or only going to have a PS4 with a 50 gift card. Would they price match to get a LoU+GTA5 retail copy if they don't?

Amir0x

Banned
I don't understand is Wallmart going to have the Last of Us / GTA5 PS4 bundle or only going to have a PS4 with a 50 gift card. Would they price match to get a LoU+GTA5 retail copy if they don't?

both. bundle with both those games for 399, or a standalone with a 50 gift card. Additionally, if you pay 449 online, you get the GTA+TLOU bundle + 2 free games of your choice.

both. bundle with both those games for 399, or a standalone with a 50 gift card. Additionally, if you pay 449 online, you get the GTA+TLOU bundle + 2 free games of your choice.

Well I only ask cause the bundle is not pictured in the add so it seems like they won't have it.

Amir0x

Banned
Well I only ask cause the bundle is not pictured in the add so it seems like they won't have it.

It's pictured, just not in that part of the ad. They show what the bundle will look like under their $449 deal.

It's the universal Sony bundle this Black Friday so Wal-Mart will definitely have it.

It's pictured, just not in that part of the ad. They show what the bundle will look like under their $449 deal.

It's the universal Sony bundle this Black Friday so Wal-Mart will definitely have it.

Are you sure that's not only for the actual Black Friday deals and not for "pre" black friday deals.

Amir0x

Banned
Are you sure that's not only for the actual Black Friday deals and not for "pre" black friday deals.

I mean I don't see how we can tell that given there is no additional information than "A PS4 deal" in the OP's link, but I'm just saying that Wal-Mart does have the GTAV+TLOU bundle and that those are the three PS4 deals from Wal-Mart this year.

$399 for GTAV+TLOU PS4 Bundle
$399 for Standalone PS4 + $50 gift card
$449 for GTAV+TLOU PS4 Bundle + 2 games of your choice (online only)

Edit: Nevermind, I see the new Friday ad now for November 21st. Yes, this deal does not include the GTAV+TLOU bundle, just the 50 gift card offer.

chidrock

So does this mean I can pick up Mordor for $25 along with any other games that are supposed to be on sale at other places? The ad says they will match prices, but it doesn't say if it has to be items that are shown in the ad.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So does this mean I can pick up Mordor for $25 along with any other games that are supposed to be on sale at other places? The ad says they will match prices, but it doesn't say if it has to be items that are shown in the ad.
That line at the bottom of the first page? I'm pretty sure that's included in all their ads and the only price matching they'll accept this week is deals that are live at other retailers.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
It's mentioned in the middle of their other pages, but I guess that doesn't really specify that they will match prices on other products.
Gotcha. It only applies to the products shown, the press release in the OP makes it clear:

Walmart just upped the ante once again. For the second year, the retailer is lowering the prices on popular toys, electronics and more to match or beat select Black Friday offers from top national competitors one week early. Walmart’s Pre-Black Friday Event begins Friday, Nov. 21 at 8:00 a.m. and also gives customers an early taste of Walmart’s Black Friday prices by moving up items typically found on Black Friday.

Matching Competitors’ Offers
The retailer will be matching or beating select Black Friday offers from top national competitors on items such as:

I just realized that this might mean my Walmart is packed when I go to get my smash adapter after work. What nightmarish hell am I going to be walking into?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom