• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wal-Mart to match Black Friday prices THIS Friday (Nov 21st)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWERD

Have they said any of the other games that are going to be available for the +2 bundle, besides the 2 sports games that were mentioned in another thread?

Nice. Just picked up need for speed rivals for 20 bucks, 5 bucks cheaper than their Black Friday price.

Unfortunately, they aren't matching CoD: Ghosts or Battlefield 4's Target prices of $15 each. Oh well.

(yeah, I know I'm a year late on these games, but I rarely buy games at full price anymore, unless it's a series I love like Smash)

Maddocks

When does this start? I tried to find a specific time for them to say the sale starts. If I go to walmart at 12am will they have the sale set, or would it need to be after most walmarts open up?

Volimar

I saw on the news that people were using fake amazon listings to get PS4s for <$100. Wonder if they've clarified their price matching by now.

That TV might be hot garbage but since my LG died I've been using my old Samsung 32 inch from 2005 , that beast won't die lol

So I'm in for that 40 inch from wal mart and hopefully get a 50 inch next week

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is it just those games pictured? Anyone know a list of which we can price match for this pre black Friday thing?
The thread title is a bit misleading, it's select items only or in other words only the stuff printed on the ad and on the website.

$30 for:
Madden
FIFA
Watchdogs
BF4
Wolfenstein
The Evil Within

Plus some other BF deals going up early like some of the console bundles.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/pre-b...id=2636&_be_shelf_id=1274&facet=shelf_id:1274

LogicStep

Man I hope Amazon does a decent b2g1 sale. I have been looking every day this week and still no sign of anything. I just hope I can grab some games on discount.

JaggedSac

I mean I don't see how we can tell that given there is no additional information than "A PS4 deal" in the OP's link, but I'm just saying that Wal-Mart does have the GTAV+TLOU bundle and that those are the three PS4 deals from Wal-Mart this year.

$399 for GTAV+TLOU PS4 Bundle
$399 for Standalone PS4 + $50 gift card
$449 for GTAV+TLOU PS4 Bundle + 2 games of your choice (online only)

Edit: Nevermind, I see the new Friday ad now for November 21st. Yes, this deal does not include the GTAV+TLOU bundle, just the 50 gift card offer.

Give hope and then take it away.

3rdman

After what Wal-Mart did to their employees health coverage, they can go and fuck themselves. I will never buy anything from there again.

Man I hope Amazon does a decent b2g1 sale. I have been looking every day this week and still no sign of anything. I just hope I can grab some games on discount.

amazon tends to do those sales to match other retailers. Since no other retailer is doing it, they're probably not doing it either.

Really disappointed after getting back from Wallmart. I only wanted a PS4. I would have really liked a really good deal on one but the 399.99 plus 50 GC seemed okay. The person I'm gifting it to already has LoU and GTA5 on PS3 so its not so bad. No body was really there for a PS4, I guess the deal wasn't good enough for most. I was in and out pretty quick.

However there where plenty of pissed off people looking for TV's and chrome books. The store only had 2 112 TVs and 1 chrome book. Talk about short stock. So many people where yelling at false advertising and yelling "how you gonna have a sale and not have any items." I'm going to be honest If I waited for as long as some of those people did and they told us at the last sec they only have 2 in stock I would be pissed too.

both. bundle with both those games for 399, or a standalone with a 50 gift card. Additionally, if you pay 449 online, you get the GTA+TLOU bundle + 2 free games of your choice.

Is there a link to the online 449 PS4 deal? I can't seem to find it on their website and want to see the game choices.

Krujo

Banned
Any idea if they are going to price match the Wii u Bundle that best buy has? the Wii U, super mario 3D word,nintendo land,donkey kong and super smash for 350?

Just got the $115 40 inch. There were 5 of them there and only 4 people showed up, waking up at 6 am sucked though, especially after hitting the bar the night before

Amir0x

Banned
Is there a link to the online 449 PS4 deal? I can't seem to find it on their website and want to see the game choices.

I'd like to know this too. That's a damned good deal.

bfps419njhb.png

Cyber Monday deal:

bfps427vj36.png

Both are online, and as you can see the PS4 Wal-Mart $449 deal is available "all day Thursday" (next week, in other words)

jb1234

bfps419njhb.png

Cyber Monday deal:

bfps427vj36.png

Both are online, and as you can see the PS4 Wal-Mart $449 deal is available "all day Thursday" (next week, in other words)

Good to know the time frame but that still doesn't cover what games we get to choose from. I guess we won't know until Thursday...

When these stores all do their "Thursday all day" or "Thursday starting at 6pm" deals online, do they always mean starting at Eastern time?

The extra controller is worth it I guess. Not sure I'd care about Madden being added. Seems like they probably just have excess stock of the game.

I dont know why it shows Madden. The ad says "With your choice of an extra game"
So technically you can pick something like GTA5

terrisus

The extra controller is worth it I guess. Not sure I'd care about Madden being added. Seems like they probably just have excess stock of the game.

Sell it off, recoup some of the loss.
Yeah, there's still some waste, but not as bad as just being stuck with the game.

jb1234

Good to know the time frame but that still doesn't cover what games we get to choose from. I guess we won't know until Thursday...

Selected another bundle to see what their choice of games is and I'm not terribly impressed. I'd want Shadow of Mordor and DA Inquisition but neither of those are on the list (which I suppose shouldn't be surprising). I had to settle for Second Son (eh) and Destiny (eh). Good to have a preview.

Nameless

Fuck. Had I known this I would have stopped on my way to work this morning and tried to score a tv. Little-no chance any are available this evening, huh? Fuck

Amir0x

Banned

doesn't come with Madden, that's just an example of a free game you can choose from

the big question mark is what games can we choose from? But I suspect it'll be 50-60 games at least

bfps419njhb.png

Cyber Monday deal:

bfps427vj36.png

Amazing flupping deal. My nephew should LOVE playing lego batman with me as well (It's good right? I don't keep up with lego games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom