• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

MoxManiac

And meanwhile...WaPo is gloating on Reddit, going hard on the memes.

ANlhlKe.jpg

What's the name of this meme? I saw one using Nash from SF5 awhile ago, lol.

zou

As much as I would say that is normally the case,Trump and his team have been working more closely with lawyers after the special counsel was convened. Any lawyer worth his money is likely telling his client to not comment on anything till they can formulate a statement that would not hurt their legal position.

so what you're saying is, trump will be on twitter soon confirming everything.

Who sent the anon letter to the WaPo in December?

That HAS to be keeping trump up at night.

Look for bruises on the upper arms of Melania.
The list of people who could have done it are small. His bodyguard. His daughter. His wife.

Who sent the killer tax return page from the late 90s pre-election?

The Llama

Who sent the anon letter to the WaPo in December?

That HAS to be keeping trump up at night.

Look for bruises on the upper arms of Melania.
The list of people who could have done it are small. His bodyguard. His daughter. His wife.

Who sent the killer tax return page from the late 90s pre-election?
The tax return was almost certainly his ex wife. I forget the details now but to me that ones not a mystery anymore.

Lewandowski? but he was gone.
Manafort? but he was gone.

Bannon? he would have loathed Kushner.

THINK OF THE IMPLICATIONS. If someone on the transition team knew, then trump would have known for sure, it was _strategy_. This couldn't be a Kushner loose-cannon project.

Pence?

Surely not.

Has anyone said that nothing is gonna come of this yet?
Because that's exactly whats gonna happen.
Eh, don't really care if anything actually happens or not at this point. I mean, even if Trump and company were to be completely kicked to the curb, impeached, the whole works, per the precedent that was established with Nixon, whoever comes next (Pence, a Democratic President, whatever) will just pardon them anyway. I don't really expect any of them to be behind bars, particularly not for any significant amount of time.

At this point, I'm just satisfied if this continues to completely tank Trump's approval ratings (and Congress's in the process) and ensures he'll be nothing more than a one term President. As long as I can get that, I'm good.

So I know it won't happen.

It's too movie-like and would likely have been caught by now

But holy shit would it be satisfying if it turned out somebody in his inner circle had flipped informant after seeing some of this shit, and is helping try to pin Trump.

But it was probably just Bannon trying to oust Kushner

Plot twist 9857D chess Trump is doing this to his traitorous staff.

Surfinn

Kushner's attorney on Reuter's article, via CNN live:

"Mr Kushner participated in thousands of calls in this time period. He has no recollection of the calls as described. We have asked (Reuters) for the dates of such alleged calls so we may look into it and respond, but we have not received such information."

THINK OF THE IMPLICATIONS. If someone on the transition team knew, then trump would have known for sure, it was _strategy_. This couldn't be a Kushner loose-cannon project.

What about Reince Preibus?

Primus

Woolsey.

Ex-CIA, publicly left the transition team in January but had actually left way back in December. Very unhappy with what he saw was happening during the transition and Trump's plans for the IC post-inauguration.

You have to wonder what people who supported Trump at the CIA and FBI think about all of this. Does their professional experience outweigh their partisan inklings?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Kushner's attorney on Reuter's article, via CNN live:

"Mr Kushner participated in thousands of calls in this time period. He has no recollection of the calls as described. We have asked (Reuters) for the dates of such alleged calls so we may look into it and respond, but we have not received such information."

He didn't recall that one billion dollar loan he floated that he's personal guarantor of $300m of, either, eh? Remembering things: it's harder than anyone thought it would be.

Top Bottom