• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe Bundle Glitched Steam 9.99 instead of $140 [Dead]

J_Viper

Question

If my brother wants to take part in this deal, does he need to purchase this separately on his account, or does he have access to these items through the Family Sharing option?

Xyber

Well this was perfect, was gonna start playing when the open world stuff launches.

My friend who also plays this a lot sure was happy about it too. :D

Maybe a little off topic, but how does stuff like this happen on Steam? Is it generally something on Valve's end, or is it on DE?

For everyone who doesn't play Warframe (yet): don't spend the platinum on the in-game market, except for inventory slots and Orokin Reactors/Catalysts. Platinum is often used for in-game trading between players.

B00TE

Holy crap! My wife and I started playing earlier this week, and that huge pile of plat (assuming they let us keep it) will come in handy for sure.

Yeah, I'm not spending anything yet. Gonna wait and see what they do lol. If they let us keep it, daaaaaamn that's a nice pile of plat. I don't really care for Hydroid but that plat tho.

Primus

Real talk:

Just in case, I would not spend any of the Platinum gotten through the pack until Digital Extremes makes some sort of statement on the misprice. If they decide to rescind the Platinum for whatever reason and you end up in negative Plat because you spent some, that's a banning. Do a search on r/Warframe for "negative platinum" and you'll see what can happen to you.

EndMerit

I saw a little bit of it's gameplay few years ago on this one event I was in, and it looked like an MMO with MGR:Revengeance-like gameplay. How close am I, if I go in with that expectation am I gonna have a good time?

forrest

formerly nacire
I didn't realize that when I previously played Warframe it wasn't through Steam and just through the launcher. Is there a way to link my installation to the Steam Library so I don't have to reinstall and can take advantage of the progress I've already achieved? I would like to take advantage of this and make sure it goes towards the account I have setup and have used already.

Primus

I didn't realize that when I previously played Warframe it wasn't through Steam and just through the launcher. Is there a way to link my installation to the Steam Library so I don't have to reinstall and can take advantage of the progress I've already achieved? I would like to take advantage of this and make sure it goes towards the account I have setup and have used already.

All you have to do is launch Warframe through Steam, then log in to your existing account at the in-game prompt. Then you'll be asked to sync your Warframe account to your Steam account. Say yes and done.

Mupod

Bought it, what the hell. That's one way to get me to play Warframe again. Was into it pretty heavily for a while, I actually met the devs at a convention last year. I told them I'd start playing again if they put coptering back in, this works too I guess.

Damaniel

Banned
Yeah, I'm not spending anything yet. Gonna wait and see what they do lol. If they let us keep it, daaaaaamn that's a nice pile of plat. I don't really care for Hydroid but that plat tho.

I told my wife not to spend any - I caught her in time since she was ready to buy some new palette colors for her gear.

I'm guessing in the end that they'll let people keep the frame and cosmetics, and take the plat away because of the financial hit to them (that's ~$200 worth of plat if bought separately, for those who don't regularly play).

Real talk:

Just in case, I would not spend any of the Platinum gotten through the pack until Digital Extremes makes some sort of statement on the misprice. If they decide to rescind the Platinum for whatever reason and you end up in negative Plat because you spent some, that's a banning. Do a search on r/Warframe for "negative platinum" and you'll see what can happen to you.

I highly doubt they would ban players over an error by either themselves or Steam.

exfatal

Just got it. Remembered i had 7$ on my paypal account that i dont even use anymore. like finding 5 bucks in ur couch.. just been stuck trying to decide what to buy, either i cant get exact amount for a switch game or the minimum is 5 or 10$ to transfer over, and didnt want to waste the 2. but this was worth it for sure. Thank you GAF for letting me know.. i dont even play the game but was always slightly interested.

Gothos

They'll be like "Guys, we struck gold! Look how many people are activating that 140$ pack!" and then they'll notice the actual price, hahaha :)

rtcn63

Tempted, but too many games to play and I have no idea what kind of game it is.

IIRC it's a popular F2P third-person shooter that the Destiny series is often compared to. I just checked the install size and it's like 20GB... which isn't bad in 2017.

SRTtoZ

Seems to be worth it for the Platinum alone (almost $200 worth). Always wanted to give it a try so this seems like a good reason to actually download it now.

Tempted, but too many games to play and I have no idea what kind of game it is.

It's a third person Diablo-esque games, but instead of getting random loot drops, you get resources that you use to craft different items/classes. Basically everything can be earned through grinding in game while you can spend money on speeding up the process (this pack includes a booster that essentially does that).

There are random "drops" in the form of mods that modify stats of various things. They are applied to weapons/frames.

Beck

Wow. I put over 100 hours into it over the last two months. Was waiting for a 50% off platinum coupon to show up, but this is even better.

Still, I'm going to buy some platinum later to offset my guilt.

Nokterian

Real talk:

Yeah i am not spending anything yet just playing the new warframe though.

Top Bottom