• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VandalD

If you're in the GAF clan and haven't already gotten the 45000 endo from participating in the clan level up, you should go do that. That's a ton of free endo. You have 49 hours to do so as of this post.

Edit: The Easter color palette is up in the market for 1 credit for about 3 days.

Jinaar

If you're in the GAF clan and haven't already gotten the 45000 endo from participating in the clan level up, you should go do that. That's a ton of free endo. You have 49 hours to do so as of this post.

Edit: The Easter color palette is up in the market for 1 credit for about 3 days.

Regardless of this above, is it possible to get an invite to the Neogaf Clan? Cheers!

Jinaar is the name for everything.

Joeku

I am a new player who is in it and would like to know what that means, cuz I sure as hell would like 45000 endo.

I am a new player who is in it and would like to know what that means, cuz I sure as hell would like 45000 endo.

There is a special platform that was introduced in a recent update. Go to your clan, find it (it's got a nice little projection, shouldn't be too hard to locate), and then interact with it, and poof you'll get 45k endo.

Some of these planet unlocking conditions are getting tough. Just finished the one to unlock the War Within quest. Not looking forward to the rest lol

Jinaar

Got to ranked 4 yesterday. Game is absolutely fun and addicting. I've had though numerous full PC crashes playing the game. I finally disabled DX10 and 11, and hoping that is going to resolve the issue. Very unfortunately, as this was/is crashing before and after I upgraded my CPU/MB/RAM (i7-7700/ASUS/16G) all while running a EVGA GTX 1080.

After 50 hours into this game, I finally just dropped $17 CAD on it. The devs tempted me with a -20% coupon off Plat. So I bought a warframe and some slots for fun. There is a lot to accomplish and I can see myself putting in some time going forward. Would be fun to group but I know I am a little bean in a crowd of fully matured pods.

I have over 70K endo but no real use for it since I don't have enough Formas to make things cheaper and I do not have the credits to fully max out a 10 star.

Got to ranked 4 yesterday. Game is absolutely fun and addicting. I've had though numerous full PC crashes playing the game. I finally disabled DX10 and 11, and hoping that is going to resolve the issue. Very unfortunately, as this was/is crashing before and after I upgraded my CPU/MB/RAM (i7-7700/ASUS/16G) all while running a EVGA GTX 1080.

This is really bizarre, there's no reason the game should be crashing for you. This game can run on a toaster. There are some really old threads about continual crashing that suggested switching to Borderless Fullscreen might help. Have you Verified/Optimized your cache recently? Are your cores unparked? There have been some problems where one core was doing all the work that lead to high heat and crashes because of it.

Here's kind of a general thread from DE: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/64026-diagnosing-system-crashes/

A lot of it is probably a "no duh" kind of thing, but it's worth going through a checklist.

There haven't been much reports of hard crashing lately. Might be worth grabbing a log file and sending it to support if none of the above works for you.

Jinaar

This is really bizarre, there's no reason the game should be crashing for you. This game can run on a toaster. There are some really old threads about continual crashing that suggested switching to Borderless Fullscreen might help. Have you Verified/Optimized your cache recently? Are your cores unparked? There have been some problems where one core was doing all the work that lead to high heat and crashes because of it.

Here's kind of a general thread from DE: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/64026-diagnosing-system-crashes/

A lot of it is probably a "no duh" kind of thing, but it's worth going through a checklist.

There haven't been much reports of hard crashing lately. Might be worth grabbing a log file and sending it to support if none of the above works for you.

Probably the only thing I haven't checked was the unparked cores. I'll look into that one. I have done most everything, TDRDELAY registry/BorderlessFullScreen/VerifiedOptimized Cache. Thanks for the advice on the unparked cores. I just did a clean uninstall of all drivers(Safemode DDU) and reinstall as well. Just fun times. Titanfall 2 I crash in as well, just a few random games causing issues.

EDIT: Knock on wood, but since I unparked my cores, no issues have occurred. Will this last? I sure hope so. Only time will tell.
EDIT 2: Crashing computer again. I can play for what seems like hours with no issue, then crashes. Then reboots, play and crash very quickly. Then maybe a after 45 minutes again. Random. I think the only time I really didn't have crashes was when I was just DX9 only. So weird but what can you do. I'm thinking maybe since I have a EVGA 1080 SC, the overclocking built in is causing the causing the issue.

Am I right in thinking we don't have an Orokin Lab in our dojo? I can't seem to find it anyway, and it's not in the transporter list. We kinda need one to make dragon keys.

Edit: oops, nevermind. I found it, the solar rail thing confused me.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

After 50 hours into this game, I finally just dropped $17 CAD on it. The devs tempted me with a -20% coupon off Plat. So I bought a warframe and some slots for fun. There is a lot to accomplish and I can see myself putting in some time going forward. Would be fun to group but I know I am a little bean in a crowd of fully matured pods.
I suggest waiting for the 75% dicount coupon. I mean, it's all rng (although login for the first time after awhile greatly increases the chance of getting one), but you'll get it sooner or later.

I suggest waiting for the 75% dicount coupon. I mean, it's all rng (although login for the first time after awhile greatly increases the chance of getting one), but you'll get it sooner or later.

Yup, since I rarely play now I tend to get a 75% or 50% discount when I log in after a few months to check patches lol. Only used it twice though, still got plat left over! Bought Frost's new skin on a whim lol.

Jinaar

75% you say, eh? Ok I shall wait the next time.

I've put in a ridiculous amount of time in the last two weeks into this game, like 35 hours (75 hrs played so far in my history). Sheesh. Does anyone actually play and group up in the clan? I know I am only level 5 now, but have maxed the following:
MAG [Mag]
INAROS [Mag]
RHINO [Mag] (Not maxed yet but he will be shortly)
LEX [Pistol]
HEK [Shotgun]
BRATON [Rifle]
- and more

I'm still a scrub and I know maxing out those things are not that big of an accomplishment, but I think thru soloing and maxing out what I have, I've gotten a good idea of the game at this point. Would be nice to start working with others and getting better mods and the like.

Anyways, loving the game. I keep feeling it reminds me of Mass Effect 3's multiplayer... but better. Way better.

VandalD

I'm not sure. I've never seen an officer of the clan say anything in this thread that I can remember. Kinda makes me think they're all banned from GAF.

No Alliance anymore? Damn...those guys were really helpful. Did we not contribute to anything we should have?

As the representative of those guys, it wasn't anyone on our end. Confirmed with the other Warlords.

The point was just so more people were online to group up and chat about Warframe, we didn't really need any contributions or anything. I don't think there really IS anything alliances are used for other than chatting with other clan groups.

We're open to putting it back together assuming the Gaf warlords can let us know what's up.

As the representative of those guys, it wasn't anyone on our end. Confirmed with the other Warlords.

The point was just so more people were online to group up and chat about Warframe, we didn't really need any contributions or anything. I don't think there really IS anything alliances are used for other than chatting with other clan groups.

We're open to putting it back together assuming the Gaf warlords can let us know what's up.

Ahh.

Well hopefully one of our guys gets back to us. I only used the chat once and this guy offered a pretty decent mod trade for just an Ammo Drum, something typically only clan members do. It was really cool of the guy.

Calabi

Woot!, managed to get a Dread drop, from killing the stalker, a weapon I was really wanting and would have bought eventually, figured it would take months with my rng luck.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I don't know if this has been posted about here, but using the gas melee + stealth interaction is probably the most insane thing I've done in this game. Came back after a long break recently and poked around looking for new info and came across it, the set up is so good it trivializes damage up to and through level 140 enemies. Just take a status weapon and put gas dual stat mods in with weeping wounds if you've got it, hop on a frame with stealth and delete anything.

It's been really fun but makes things almost too easy, think I'm going to quit doing it soon.

VandalD

I don't know if this has been posted about here, but using the gas melee + stealth interaction is probably the most insane thing I've done in this game. Came back after a long break recently and poked around looking for new info and came across it, the set up is so good it trivializes damage up to and through level 140 enemies. Just take a status weapon and put gas dual stat mods in with weeping wounds if you've got it, hop on a frame with stealth and delete anything.

It's been really fun but makes things almost too easy, think I'm going to quit doing it soon.
And it used to be even more ridiculous. Slash weapons do the same thing. Pair gas or slash with maiming strike and you can just spin through missions. It's a level of cheese you have to keep in check to keep enjoying the game.

VandalD

Anyone mess around with Oberon's changes? I've found him lacking. He's supposed to be a sort of do anything frame, but he's not good at any of the things he does. You can pick just about any other frame that specializes in one thing and still do other things better than he can. The healing and armor (at 200% power strength) doesn't even hold up in Kuva flood missions from my experience, and when people die because the healing and armor isn't enough, I have no reliable way to CC groups of enemies so that I can take time out to revive without getting killed myself. Hope Hydroid comes out better than this. He doesn't have the "jack of all trades" excuse in his design.

How do I join the GAF clan?

Username: ezekial45
You figured it out! Sent you an invite to the clan.

Apparently there's gonna be a clan event soon. Hopefully enough people are still playing to jump in.

New Warframe, Harrow, looks cool too.
I should be around. Maybe we'll be able to group up for it. Glad they're going to finally try out a token system for this event. Just hope the prices aren't crazy.

VandalD

Event is live. Rewards use a token system, so the more times you kill Ambulus, the more rewards you can buy from Nef Anyo (the Perrin Sequence guy) in the relay. Also, once we kill the boss, we'll get Supra Vandal. Not sure if that's clan-wide or just whoever goes on the assassination mission. We're already about 20% of the way to unlocking the boss fight.

VandalD

Razorback Armada is here. Do archwing missions on Jupiter or Neptune to get items to craft into the razorback cipher so that you can kill it on Saturn. It can drop all of the Gorgon Wraith parts, Auger Strike, Bore, Breach Loader, and Piercing Caliber, which I think are all the 120% puncture damage mods.

2.5% drop rate and it looks like he's using his operation drop tables, meaning he'll more often than not drop the Poison dual stat mods. For what it's worth, the puncture mods aren't that great, but it's nice to have them in your collection if there ever comes a weapon that will need them.

Keep running the Neptune Archwing mission. It's MD and has massive amounts of enemies coming at you. I usually get at least 10 of the new resource in one run. Take this opportunity to level up your archwing gear, as you'll find no shortage of people playing that node while this event is happening.

If you have an Itzal, just keep spamming 3 and you won't miss a single one unless your allies are dicks and fly off hundreds of meters away from you. Here's a useful, no forma build.

If you forget how to do the Razorback fight, you need to jump to the upper level and release bursas by hacking the panels on the rafters, then hack the bursa, to do damage to the Razorback legs. He'll fall, you shoot it while he's damaged, repeat until dead. Very annoying fight because of how high his damage can be. If you're pubbing, a Rhino or Nezha will be very good. Do not bring a Nova to slow things down, because it'll take forever for those bursas to drop from their position.

VandalD

Oh. And I thought it was bugged that I was just getting toxin mods.

That's all good advice above. I went to Neptune solo and used Elytron's 3 to clear everything for me, though Itzal is also a good choice. For Razorback, I've been sticking to Mesa. Had a death or two per run but that doesn't really matter to me.

Now that I know the drop chance for the mods is abysmal, I'm not sure I'll bother running it much.

Tabby

So what's a good Archwing weapon to use? I'm still here using the original ones you get from the quest.

Oh I thought his drop rates were just bugged, he's down to 92% already. I'll probably just do it for the potatoes and 200k and leave it.

VandalD

Fluctus is my weapon of choice in regular archwing missions. It has infinite punchthrough and a wide, exalted blade-like shot. Makes the shield enemies a non issue. Grattler is good too, but has limited range. Velocitus is decent if you want an archwing Lanka.

To be fair the standard archwing gear set isn't actually bad, you certainly could do just fine with them. Just keep your 1 up on the Odonata and use your 4 if things get too hot.

Also keep in mind that percentages are extremely... Subjective. Let's never forget how the Fomorians went when they were first released. http://rcfox.ca/warframe-boss-health-tracking/

I suspect this will be the event for the weekend.

VandalD

For two days, Forma, Orokin Catalysts, and Orokin Reactors are all 9 platinum each. Great time to stock up on that stuff if you have the plat.

Shaldome

Installed the game two weeks ago and having fun again. The change to the relics/fissure missions is great. I was able to get my first prime equipment (yay Soma Prime). I have Ash Prime, Saryn Prime and Limbo Warframes in the foundry at the moment for me to level up next week end. Let's see how I like them. At the moment I am having a lot of fun with Frost.

ZsmkFGO.jpg

Octavia's Anthem 20.6.0

Things of note:

The new rapier is a status weapon. If you have Condition Overload it's a hell of a thing because the stance (Vulpine Mask) has forced puncture and slash hits. It could easily compete with the Destreza--and in fact with CO it might beat it.

New machete stance out of Kuva Caches. Will this save machetes?!?!?! (no)

Nekros can now summon Eximus units.

Shaldome

Ash Prime, Vectis Prime and Carrier Prime are getting vaulted on the 30th. Trying to get the Vectis Prime stock, before then. Let's see how that works out. First I have to get some more Relics for it.

Ash Prime, Vectis Prime and Carrier Prime are getting vaulted on the 30th. Trying to get the Vectis Prime stock, before then. Let's see how that works out. First I have to get some more Relics for it.

Vectis Prime is the only one I don't have. Carrier Prime is the only must have of the group, I feel.

Ditto on the Vectis Prime. Thinking about coming back for the weekend resource bonus just to try and get it. Never completely figured out the new relic system enough to really go for primes since all those updates ago.

Naite

Oberon has been updated so many times lately and I still haven't even used my Oberon once in months. I'm more excited at the new Mag casting buffs.

VandalD

Oberon has been updated so many times lately and I still haven't even used my Oberon once in months. I'm more excited at the new Mag casting buffs.
Mag feels so much better to play now. Not only can she stay mobile while casting her three good abilities, they are also now considered one-handed abilities, meaning you can reload or fire a gun at the same time as you cast any of those abilities. Being able to cast Pull no matter what you're doing is a huge help. Crush, on the other hand, is still Crush, sadly.

It's really fucking weird to have all three be one handed, mobile actions after years of them all being stationary. The animations don't really work while you're running around either, or at least I think they look really goofy. Still, it's a really welcome change.

Oberon's minor adjustment to the armor buff was so good. Now Iron Renewal can just be applied to allies without me worrying about the timing of my casts.

Naite

Nothing like a new prime access to remind me how infuriatingly buggy the relic system and grouping up with other ppl are. I've only gotten 1-2 runs completed within the last hour and all sorts of connection issues every other time.

EDIT: I seriously underestimated how good syndicate medallions were for relic packs. I totally forgot it gives standing for allied syndicates too.

VandalD

New augments are out. Maybe we'll get Harrow next week.

Excalibur: Chromatic Blade - Exalted Blade's damage type changes depending on energy color and status chance is increased by 50%.

Mag: Magnetized Discharge - Manually detonate Magnetize by recasting on the target. Enemies hit have a 50% chance to become disarmed.

Chroma: Guided Effigy - Cast and hold to make Effigy move to your aim point. Deals 2000 damage per second to enemies in its path and roars on arrival stunning nearby enemies.

Volt: Transistor Shield - Allies can pick up Electric Shield. 100% of damage absorbed will be added to Volt's Static Discharge.
Chromatic Blade makes your regular melee hits and your waves almost always do status procs, while also taking away all impact, puncture, and slash damage on Exalted Blade and turning it into whatever element matches your energy color. My setup right now is to have blast + toxin on my melee weapon with a blue energy color for Excalibur, which gives electricity, turning the toxin into corrosive. While using this augment takes away potential slash procs, it eats through armor with corrosive while knocking down everything the waves hit with blast. It's pretty nice.

Magnetized Discharge scales with strength, so you could disarm 100% of the time with enough strength. It sounds decent, but it's not really practical when Loki can just do this in a wide area whenever he wants, and Nyx can do it just as a bonus to her other stuff. Also, as stated on the mod, the disarm only happens if you manually detonate your Magnetize. Weak augment.

Guided Effigy. I don't know if this has any redeeming qualities whatsoever. It's awkward to control. The main problem with Effigy is that it's a big energy drain and it also lowers Chroma's defenses without having much payoff.

Transistor Shield doesn't help Volt himself very much. Allies can pick up your shields, and they have their energy drained while they're carrying it, just like Volt does, but using the ally's own efficiency value. Your passive does charge up pretty fast while your shield is being shot with this augment on, but it just doesn't contribute in a meaningful way to damage at a high level at least. Might be fun for an early or midgame Volt who is able to get their hands on augments, but it's not a game changer.

Nothing like a new prime access to remind me how infuriatingly buggy the relic system and grouping up with other ppl are. I've only gotten 1-2 runs completed within the last hour and all sorts of connection issues every other time.

EDIT: I seriously underestimated how good syndicate medallions were for relic packs. I totally forgot it gives standing for allied syndicates too.
I had reputation saved up for four syndicates on Oberon Prime's release, and it helped a lot in getting the new relics. Doing syndicate missions and saving up or turning in medallions is a great way to get relics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom