• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Amon37

I ran rotations of heircon, IO, and Xini for hours yesterday and couldn't get one of three last 3 relics I'm missing.

Meso V5
Axi O1
Axi C2

Shengar

So i've been on hiatus from the game since before the map was changed. What should I need to know, especially the best place to rank up my unleveled stuffs?

jfull7602

Neo Member
So i've been on hiatus from the game since before the map was changed. What should I need to know, especially the best place to rank up my unleveled stuffs?

Welcome back! Alot has changed since the map change. Quite a few new frames, lots of new weapons, and more. Your relics are the new "keys" you use to have from the void, and they are the key to getting prime parts now.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Relic

AFAIK, the best place to level up unleveled stuff is Akkad on Eris; it's a defense mission with infested.

Tabby

Akkad on Eris if you want a chill, easy and populated mission.
Hydon on Sedna if you want a more active, maybe less populated and not as easy a mission.

Both are defence. You could probably bring anything to Akkad and be fine whereas for Hydron you'll need a frame or weapon to get shit done.

frizby

Don't waste your time on Akkad. Go somewhere where you'll get relics while you level up.

Hydron Sedna for Neo/Axi relics
Io Jupiter for Meso/Neo relics

Edit: Welcome back, and let us know if you need a clan invite.

More people should be playing Kala-Azar. Same defense map as Akkad, rotation A has the same drops as Xini, and C has both rares and very good rare mod drops. Since it's defense you can get the affinity farm going pretty well.

FFS they need to do something about trading in this game. I was standing right next to somebody selling a Soma stock but couldn't communicate to them because their name didn't show up in chat. I spent several minutes trying to figure out how to get a message to them but then they logged off or left the relay. It's such a damn nightmare to trade in game.

FFS they need to do something about trading in this game. I was standing right next to somebody selling a Soma stock but couldn't communicate to them because their name didn't show up in chat. I spent several minutes trying to figure out how to get a message to them but then they logged off or left the relay. It's such a damn nightmare to trade in game.

I avoid Maroo bazar as much as I could, my conection always bug my store and people trades

jfull7602

Neo Member

Agreed! I think they said something in the DevStream not too long ago about changes to trade chat and the ability to filter for what you are looking for, so maybe that will help a little? I personally think it needs a much needed complete overhaul and could be alot better all the way around.

As for the bazaar, I won't even go in there anymore. That place is a complete waste, and I personally have never been able to get it to work properly.

I was only in the bazaar for the sculpture quest when I noticed someone selling the piece I needed. Otherwise yeah I would never waste my time going there. I don't understand why there's just not an auction house type system.

I decided there just wasn't enough grind in this game and have flipped to the other three syndicates so that I can get their syandana at least before flipping back.

Wowbagger

Random tip:

Maybe common knowledge, but if you think Taxon is just mastery fodder... well, it actually has pretty decent synergy with frames with abilities that improve the effective protection of shields.

For example, I've been using it with Mesa, having it boost her shields from the default 225 up to 1425, which is a pretty nice buff with Shatter Shield up and running.

I imagine it would be a pretty nice buff for a Shield of Shadows Nekros as well, just to give one other example, though I haven't tried it much with that frame yet.

BigAl1992

Why is the update 33GB? What's going on here?

EDIT: Hold up, it was the download update trying to give me a heart attack. It's now saying 600MB. Phew!

Callandor

Hope there is something good at the trader tomorrow. Been kinda meh the last few times

If things go as usual, it should be:

Prisma Obex
Primed Pistol Gambit
Primed Fast Hands
Primed Point Blank
Ki'Teer Shoulder Plates
Prisma Arrows
Ki'Teer Kavat Armor
Prisma Liset Skin
Ki'Teer Sekhara
Prisma Yamako Syandana
Resource Booster

Linking syndicate sigils to affinity is such a dumb idea. I'm trying to flip to the other three and I keep forgetting to change my +15% on all my frames so I end up getting basically a pathetic amount of affinity due to wearing a competing syndicate to the mission I'm on. Why can't they just let you pick which affinity you want from the syndicate screen in your ship, and make the sigils purely cosmetic.

BigAl1992

Just got announced that mag and rhino primes will get unsealed from the vault over the summer. Date is TBA.

Weapons are boar, boltor, ankyros and dakra, along with the prime extractors.

Has anyone flipped from one side of the syndicates to the other and the back? Will I need to progress through each tier again meaning 306k affinity to get back to rank 5?

frizby

Has anyone flipped from one side of the syndicates to the other and the back? Will I need to progress through each tier again meaning 306k affinity to get back to rank 5?

I switched from left to right, but I never went back. I'm certain you'll have to go through all of the tiers again and pay all of the tributes, and for the ones that go negative, you'll have to pay to get them back to positive...along with all of the affinity.

I switched from left to right, but I never went back. I'm certain you'll have to go through all of the tiers again and pay all of the tributes, and for the ones that go negative, you'll have to pay to get them back to positive...along with all of the affinity.

I know you don't have to make the tribute sacrifices again, except for the negative to positive ones that is. Just couldn't find any information if I have to climb each tier, but I assume so.

frizby

I know you don't have to make the tribute sacrifices again, except for the negative to positive ones that is. Just couldn't find any information if I have to climb each tier, but I assume so.

I didn't know that switching was that painless. Maybe I'll pick up those noggles on the left sometime.

VandalD

You're right about not having to repay sacrifices, but yeah you do have to go up each tier again.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Man playing hydron with pubs is terrible. So much afk or bad ppl. And the bugs. Between the matchmaking and host migration issues making enemies stay where they spawn in it takes forever. I had 3 banshees with me last run and none of them did anything. I had to run around and kill everything myself.

Really sick of getting shit for sorties too.

Watching grineer leap to their death in the zenistar puddle never gets old though.

FWIW because I like keeping other groups in the loop, if you see any drama dealing with Warframe it's over a C&D letter sent to Void_Glitch, the face of datamining. Shy's video actually summarizes it very nicely and is significantly less shitposty than her videos usually are. The TL;DR of this right now is there won't be any more datamines (to check drop chances or anything related to the game, really) for any updates going forward, unless someone else picks up the job.

We'll have to see if this is just a thing because they want to keep Tennocon close to their chest or if this is the policy going forward.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Oh fuck off De. If you'd put relivent stats in the actual game no one would need to data mine. Not to mention you've been caught in the past misleading about drop chances. Players shouldn't need to spend hrs on a wiki to learn basic info on drops/game play systems cuz you can't be assed to actually do it yourself.

Must still be butt hurt about the ww leaks last year.

To be fair it's supposedly because they're concerned about people hacking the game, which I think is a legitimate thing. But they should have tried to arrange something to replace the datamines first, since they've been letting this go on for three years now.

Void wasn't even the one responsible for the current hacking attempts. He just happened to be the one running the public Github page.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Legalized bullying is such bullshit. Security is always a convenient excuse. They never cared and tolerated it for years bit now suddenly it's a problem.

VariantX

Legalized bullying is such bullshit. Security is always a convenient excuse. They never cared and tolerated it for years bit now suddenly it's a problem.

This is going to cost [DE] way more than they think they're going to gain. The community as a whole is not happy at all with this. Even if [DE] unecrypted the drop tables like they used to this very second, it doesn't change a thing because its asshole behavior on their part. Had they not chosen to start encrypting the drop tables in the first place, you wouldn't have people data mining in the first place. Beyond that, for years there was crucial info not relayed to players about how secondary fire worked and performed status wise that couldn't be obtained any other way except through datamining. The kubrow drop tables were completely broken and no one would have been able to get a chesa without buying it had dataminers not pointed it out. If they made an honest effort on their end to relay crucial information to the player base like literally how some fucking mods WORK and not with just vague descriptions, contacted VoiD with a basic level of respect to ask him to cease hosting that data on GitHub without getting lawyers involved, I'd somewhat understand their position. But they didn't exhaust all other options, they simply did nothing at all for years and decided to sic lawyers on a 17 year kid for something he didn't even do. This "turning a blind eye" talk is bull. shit. And [DE] doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because because before dataminers, drop rates for certain items were abysmal. Since then, they're reasonable. People are going to start to think opens the door to 0.50% drop rates again even if this might not be the case on their part.

Apparently people have been writing letters to Jim Sterling to cover this because it kind of seems up his alley. So if you're a fan of his, maybe it'll explode real hard for DE? I suspect Tennocon is going to kind of be a mess.

This is blowing up so much harder than if they had just quietly asked Void to limit his public datamining to just the drop tables. I doubt very much that most of the community would care about any of the other components of the datamine. We just want to know it's not impossible to get the thing we want, even after spending hours grinding for it and not seeing it.

Umbra and primed streamline? Where can I read about this?

Primed Streamline is going to be a login reward somewhere down the line. Excalibur Umbra was a Chinaframe only Excalibur (their version of Excalibur Prime basically) that DE had said would make it to the global build eventually. It seems that some bad folks managed to hack them into their accounts and, in the case of Primed Streamline, actually sell it to other players.

Top Bottom