• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

czk51

Played a while back on PS4, done the VOR quest among a few others, seems that I should be able to access Cetus and start PoE but for whatever reason, it's still locked. Does anyone have a definite prerequisite list of tasks? Just seems to be broken. I've even deleted and reinstalled.

frizby

Played a while back on PS4, done the VOR quest among a few others, seems that I should be able to access Cetus and start PoE but for whatever reason, it's still locked. Does anyone have a definite prerequisite list of tasks? Just seems to be broken. I've even deleted and reinstalled.

Have you maybe not done the node next to Cetus?

frizby

PSA (caps for emphasis):

GET THE PS4 COLOR PALETTE IN THE MARKET IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT. 1 credit.

This one, St Patricks Day and Halloween are the only color palettes you'll ever need, and it's the only palette other than Smoke with true black. Do it.

frizby

14fm1ck5pr3siht51vojw9zh2_320x240x53_by_menaria-d9r5set.gif

This is how I look when I see your offline days. ;)

Edit...logged in I see! I have 4 people waiting for a spot. You on a break, or no?

Edit, edit: Went ahead and cleared you to get one of these guys in...added you to waiting list...or I'll get you back sooner if you're planning some active time. Cheers!

Cracklox

This is how I look when I see your offline days. ;)

Edit...logged in I see! I have 4 people waiting for a spot. You on a break, or no?

Edit, edit: Went ahead and cleared you to get one of these guys in...added you to waiting list...or I'll get you back sooner if you're planning some active time. Cheers!

Oops. Looks like I was an edit or two late.

Was hoping to retain my spot, but if you've got others waiting then it's cool. I'm still trying to gather the will to jump back on tbh. Hearing lots of mixed things about Plains, which probably doesn't help.

But I'll def get back on at some point. I'll prob just shoot you a psn when I'm ready to go too

frizby

Oops. Looks like I was an edit or two late.

Was hoping to retain my spot, but if you've got others waiting then it's cool. I'm still trying to gather the will to jump back on tbh. Hearing lots of mixed things about Plains, which probably doesn't help.

But I'll def get back on at some point. I'll prob just shoot you a psn when I'm ready to go too

Dojo key is super cheap to make, so hopefully not too big a deal. There's a ton of interest in the game right now, and space is pretty tight, but I expect that to fade.

I already have you on the waiting list, so it's entirely possible you'll have an invite waiting for you by the time you decide to play a bit. PSN or here is fine. This thread has basically turned into a PM between the two of us anyway!

PoE is pretty good...but has a few issues too. Edit: Eidelon boss is the best boss they’ve done by a mile.

frizby

Dear rank 8 mastery test:

I hate you.

-Rakis

You probably know but just in case, you can practice mastery tests in the Cephalon Simaris room at any relay.

@lox, I'm keeping you near the top of the waiting list. Just waiting to hear that you're back in the game. There is an event this week fwiw. Just a few mods, but they're pretty quick to grab, and there are two old event weapons available as well. Either our clan or Dreamgazer's can get you what you need to complete it. I asked him to send you an invite, just in case you decide to do the event.

Cracklox

You probably know but just in case, you can practice mastery tests in the Cephalon Simaris room at any relay.

@lox, I'm keeping you near the top of the waiting list. Just waiting to hear that you're back in the game. There is an event this week fwiw. Just a few mods, but they're pretty quick to grab, and there are two old event weapons available as well. Either our clan or Dreamgazer's can get you what you need to complete it. I asked him to send you an invite, just in case you decide to do the event.

Ya. Someone invite me to something.

Let's do this

Used-ID

I just wish I could keep taking the damn rank 8 test in the relay without having to go through 4 loading screens + running back through the relay each time I fail. Which is often.

The wife is heading out of state this week so I'll probably devote all my "free" time to the game until she comes back.

frizby

I just wish I could keep taking the damn rank 8 test in the relay without having to go through 4 loading screens + running back through the relay each time I fail. Which is often.

The wife is heading out of state this week so I'll probably devote all my "free" time to the game until she comes back.

Congrats by the way. Glad you got bullet jumping sorted.

Used-ID

About to start setting up rhino to get to lephantis.

Any one have any hints, tips, tricks, suggestions that'll make my life easier?

I know nobody cares on GAF any more, but noclip just released part one of their series on the history of Warframe. figure I'll share it on both the PC and PS4 thread here.

they did some great documentaries on games like Doom, FFXIV, Horizon and I highly recommend those who's interested to spare a few minutes and check them out.

Trogdor1123

I know nobody cares on GAF any more, but noclip just released part one of their series on the history of Warframe. figure I'll share it on both the PC and PS4 thread here.

they did some great documentaries on games like Doom, FFXIV, Horizon and I highly recommend those who's interested to spare a few minutes and check them out.

I care, thanks for posting it!

I care, thanks for posting it!

you're welcome. part 2 is also out too, and it's definitely an interesting look into the history of Warframe. this game is the only F2P game on my list right now and the only game that I had spent a good amount of money on. I feel that it's definitely worth supporting the dev on this one since they actually care about the community.

Used-ID

Looks like I'll be working my a$$ off for hard cash these next 2 weeks, then a full week in DisneyWorld with the wife... How safe is my spot?

Orpheum

Is there a PS4 clan i can get invited to? Might want to use the Tenno research lab in the future.

PSN ID: Orpheum

frizby

Is there a PS4 clan i can get invited to? Might want to use the Tenno research lab in the future.

PSN ID: Orpheum

Sorry for the delay, I don't check this forum as much as I used to. I'll see if I can find you a spot in the morning if you're still looking for a home.

Edit: Actually, please post again. I'd hate to kick somebody to make a space if you've moved on from Warframe or have joined another clan.

Last edited:

Orpheum

Sorry for the delay, I don't check this forum as much as I used to. I'll see if I can find you a spot in the morning if you're still looking for a home.

Edit: Actually, please post again. I'd hate to kick somebody to make a space if you've moved on from Warframe or have joined another clan.

All good! I already joined a clan. Will let you know if it changes in the future

frizby

All good! I already joined a clan. Will let you know if it changes in the future

Excellent! I'll make a space if you ever need one.

Most of the activity/discussion has unfortunately moved to the other forum though.

Edit: And on that note, I've renamed the clan to the name of that other forum. Folks from here are still always welcome.

Last edited:

manfestival

Is the neogaf clan active? I joined one some time back but I never use them because there is never anyone on. Maybe 1 other person but i never even interact with that person.

frizby

Is the neogaf clan active? I joined one some time back but I never use them because there is never anyone on. Maybe 1 other person but i never even interact with that person.

The clan is still rolling along...but with a new name and emblem. It's been a few weeks since your post, but I'll try to send an invite anyway.

manfestival

The clan is still rolling along...but with a new name and emblem. It's been a few weeks since your post, but I'll try to send an invite anyway.
I ended up joining another clan during this time. Still playing the game fairly constant. Just looking to play with some people consistently and do runs like the old days with frogs and the others

frizby

I ended up joining another clan during this time. Still playing the game fairly constant. Just looking to play with some people consistently and do runs like the old days with frogs and the others

Gotcha, and no worries. Sorry I didn't catch your post sooner. This thread is just so quiet that I've gotten out of the habit of checking it.

Greedings

I just started Warframe...again...after having played for like a week once upon the initial PS4 release. Now I am SO lost.

I have a Rhino frame...which seems cool as shit - I can be invulnerable or buff my party.
I have a crappy main gun, and a crappy pistol, oh and a fully levelled up sword.

I'm trying to do missions, but I'm limited on continuation by things I have no idea what they are - some weird kind of special enemy?

So I am just basically asking...what the hell should I be doing? Just grinding until stuff unlocks? What do I do with my fully levelled up sword? Can I sell it and replace it?

I just started Warframe...again...after having played for like a week once upon the initial PS4 release. Now I am SO lost.

I have a Rhino frame...which seems cool as shit - I can be invulnerable or buff my party.
I have a crappy main gun, and a crappy pistol, oh and a fully levelled up sword.

I'm trying to do missions, but I'm limited on continuation by things I have no idea what they are - some weird kind of special enemy?

So I am just basically asking...what the hell should I be doing? Just grinding until stuff unlocks? What do I do with my fully levelled up sword? Can I sell it and replace it?

I'm trying to get into warframe too... again. I see so much praise. I need to understand. I love the design and movement. But everything is so confusing.
I believe we're supposed to clear all the mission nodes and then move on to the next planet via junctions. Each junction has its requirements.

Head to /r/Warframe for some more info.

Orpheum

I'm trying to get into warframe too... again. I see so much praise. I need to understand. I love the design and movement. But everything is so confusing.
I believe we're supposed to clear all the mission nodes and then move on to the next planet via junctions. Each junction has its requirements.

Head to /r/Warframe for some more info.

It's definitely a wiki game. And the process of getting into it is flawed. However stay with it and you'll notice that your understanding of the game will get better.

I have played around 200 hours now and still think i'm a noob by the way. Even though i have a half decent weapon with the somewhat correct mods and a pretty cool arsenal of frames to use. The builds of the frames rarely differ though because aquiring certain mods is really difficult...

Just finished the war within a couple of weeks ago and don't know what to do with the operator xD

Last edited:
It's definitely a wiki game. And the process of getting into it is flawed. However stay with it and you'll notice that your understanding of the game will get better.

I have played around 200 hours now and still think i'm a noob by the way. Even though i have a half decent weapon with the somewhat correct mods and a pretty cool arsenal of frames to use. The builds of the frames rarely differ though because aquiring certain mods is really difficult...

Just finished the war within a couple of weeks ago and don't know what to do with the operator xD

The beginner experience is awful. But after a dozen hours i'm getting the hang of it. I love bullet jumping around while slaying enemies. It never gets old. But the missions are so repetitive. And like 80% of every area screams "random generated."
Are there any cool quests? With interesting level design? The last one i completed was a capture mission and then 2 spy missions.
People love praising warframe for being free. But i had to buy weapon slots and frame slots with platinum. And some systems are built to be annoying and convince you to spend platinum. Why does it take 12 hours to build a frame part and then another 72 to build the whole thing? Can you realistically play without spending a dime or grinding for thousands of hours?

Orpheum

The beginner experience is awful. But after a dozen hours i'm getting the hang of it. I love bullet jumping around while slaying enemies. It never gets old. But the missions are so repetitive. And like 80% of every area screams "random generated."
Are there any cool quests? With interesting level design? The last one i completed was a capture mission and then 2 spy missions.
People love praising warframe for being free. But i had to buy weapon slots and frame slots with platinum. And some systems are built to be annoying and convince you to spend platinum. Why does it take 12 hours to build a frame part and then another 72 to build the whole thing? Can you realistically play without spending a dime or grinding for thousands of hours?

You can definitely play without spending any money. Farming prime parts through fissures can give you some platinum by selling it to other players. But to be completely honest it's even more of a grindfest by not spending money, an incredible grindfest to be specific. I could not have dealt with that so i invested some...but still i'm farming my ass off sometimes and that's just part of Warframe and you have to be the type of person to be into it

You can definitely play without spending any money. Farming prime parts through fissures can give you some platinum by selling it to other players. But to be completely honest it's even more of a grindfest by not spending money, an incredible grindfest to be specific. I could not have dealt with that so i invested some...but still i'm farming my ass off sometimes and that's just part of Warframe and you have to be the type of person to be into it

That's my issue with people saying warframe is free. It's "free". I'll probably end up spending more money than what did with destiny. I'm a sucker for cosmetic shit. And i don't have too much time for absurd grind.

Orpheum

That's my issue with people saying warframe is free. It's "free". I'll probably end up spending more money than what did with destiny. I'm a sucker for cosmetic shit. And i don't have too much time for absurd grind.

that's deadly in Warframe lol. Since the endgame is all "Fashion-Frame" it's pretty much all about cosmetics xD

Top Bottom