• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide | Gameplay Trailer

Hezekiah

Banned
Don't know anything about Warhammer, but this looks pretty fun (albeit graphically nothing to shout about, and not necessarily innovative), like a slower-paced Doom Eternal.

Kev Kev

Can’t wait for this. Vermintide 2 has become one of my all timers. I’d say it even surpassed L4D2 in a lot of ways. If Fat Shark take everything they learned from Vermintide 1 and 2 and perfect the formula in this game, it’s going to be great.

Amiga

W40K has the most awesome lore in space opera that would eclipse both SW and ST. difference is that it didn't have a popular media savvy figure to grow it like Lucas/Stan Lee/Fiege

I'm so tired of this type of game. Hard to get excited but Warhammer is so awesome so I'm sure I'll bite here just like I did with the Vermintide games

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Gameplay looks solid, it's a shame that they moved away from just all being guardsmen to the Ogryn, Sister and phyker, but I guess they decided to course correct to copying the character class system from vermintide rather than letting you customise a guardsman to your liking.

I am very glad that the most recent Ogryn gameplay shows they have a ripper gun (like there supposed to) rather than the tiny looking 40mm single shot grenade launchers or the earlier trailers.

It appears to have a heavier focus on melle (like vermintide) than I would have liked... I was kind of hoping this would be more shooting and less melle given the universe switch to 40k from fantasy.

Still excited, Vermintide and its sequel where solid games, I just feel this is becoming more of a reskin and less of its own thing with every new trailer.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Gameplay looks solid, it's a shame that they moved away from just all being guardsmen to the Ogryn, Sister and phyker, but I guess they decided to course correct to copying the character class system from vermintide rather than letting you customise a guardsman to your liking.

I am very glad that the most recent Ogryn gameplay shows they have a ripper gun (like there supposed to) rather than the tiny looking 40mm single shot grenade launchers or the earlier trailers.

It appears to have a heavier focus on melle (like vermintide) than I would have liked... I was kind of hoping this would be more shooting and less melle given the universe switch to 40k from fantasy.

Still excited, Vermintide and its sequel where solid games, I just feel this is becoming more of a reskin and less of its own thing with every new trailer.
I probably put 1k+ hours into Vermintide 2 and there definitely seems to be more focus on guns and less on melee, from the trailers we’ve seen at least. Additionally, if it is anything like Vermintide 2 then each character will have multiple melee and ranged weapons to choose from.

And as far as it being a “reskin”, it’s the horde shooter L4D formula so if that’s old news for you then you should just skip this one. I personally can’t seem to get tired of the formula, ever since the L4D days. But also consider this game isn’t coming to Xbox one, only Series, so in that sense I don’t think it could be a true “reskin” since it wouldn’t even be able to run on old hardware. It’s going to look, better, run better, and probably feel new and fresh. Vermintide 2 was not light on content in anyway either, so I’m sure their will be plenty to do (as long as you’re not tired of the horde shooter formula of course). And I’m sure they will add some new features and content as well.

What we really need to be concerned about is how the game balance, bugs and glitches situation will be on day 1. Fatshark has somewhat of a spotty record when it comes to rolling out new games, updates, DLC and… well just about anything lol. But they always seem to correct course and figure it out, so I have faith this will be good. I just hope it doesn’t launch a mess and kill any chance for a community to grow.

Kev Kev

this guy is a total vermintide nerd and breaks down whats happening in the video while going into details about game mechanics you might not know (i didnt). check it out

Kev Kev

extended gameplay trailer. pretty much 4 minutes straight pure gameplay. way more than the other trailers. game looks fun as hell, just like vermintide 2

Reactions: Isa
I'm sure it will be fine.
But all Warhammer 40K games are just filler until Space Marine 2 comes out.
So by your logic Vermintide 2 is NOT filler because it's the medieval Warhammer despite being made by same devs as 40K Darktide?
---
It's not like Vermintixe 1 and 2 was popular or considered as one of the best coop games in recent years or anything. /s
----

P.S. You are actually stupid.

Last edited:

Esca

Never played Vermintide II, huh.
I own it and enjoy it. I'm a big 40k fan but playing as a basic person basically is unappealing to me in that universe when there is so much more. I'm glad to see nurgle being the enemy though, hope we see some disgusting abomination
It's on game pass dude... so you don't really need to spend a buck.
I don't have Gamepass. I'd rather buy it on steam than use their windows store

I own it and enjoy it. I'm a big 40k fan but playing as a basic person basically is unappealing to me in that universe when there is so much more. I'm glad to see nurgle being the enemy though, hope we see some disgusting abomination

I don't have Gamepass. I'd rather buy it on steam than use their windows store
So you rather spend hundreds of dollars on solid day 1 game releases just to try something? K.

Last edited:

Esca

So you rather spend hundreds of dollars on solid day 1 game releases just to try something? K.
No and i don't see how you see it that way. In my original post I said I hope there is a demo. I don't buy something unless I know I'm confident I'll like it. On steam in willing to try more games since I have up to 2 hours of play time to return it.

The game was always this group of characters and not customizable guardsmen since it was revealed.

No and i don't see how you see it that way. In my original post I said I hope there is a demo. I don't buy something unless I know I'm confident I'll like it. On steam in willing to try more games since I have up to 2 hours of play time to return it.
Yes I know you said demo. My point was simply to state at how insane you are for not wanting to subscribe to a service that literally saves you a stupid amount of money, but the windows store bothers you so much that you rather take the L and lose money. Steam fanatics are absolutely delusional.

Last edited:

Esca

Yes I know you said demo. My point was simply to state at how insane you are for not wanting to subscribe to a service that literally saves you a stupid amount of money, but the windows store bothers you so much that you rather take the L and lose money. Steam fanatics are absolutely delusional.
Lol
Maybe because I rather own my games. I'm not interested in subscriptions when there are currently plenty of games I already want to play.
Sorry you don't like that I'm not a fan of subscriptions and should waste my money on it.
This thread was simply about the game but you wanted to get all pissy. Go vape or something
You Gamepass fanatics are absolutely delusional.

Lol
Maybe because I rather own my games. I'm not interested in subscriptions when there are currently plenty of games I already want to play.
Sorry you don't like that I'm not a fan of subscriptions and should waste my money on it.
This thread was simply about the game but you wanted to get all pissy. Go vape or something
You Gamepass fanatics are absolutely delusional.
You don't really own any games even you buy them at full price. Servers can get shut down or a company could get hacked/sued/taken down/account stolen. I am not pissed off, I am just laughting at how some people rather waste money. Do you buy every music track too? I am jealous dude, I wish I had money to blow like you.

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
You don't really own any games even you buy them at full price. Servers can get shut down or a company could get hacked/sued/taken down/account stolen. I am not pissed off, I am just laughting at how some people rather waste money. Do you buy every music track too? I am jealous dude, I wish I had money to blow like you.
Because gamepass is completely free, their catalogue the end all for everyone and physical media doesn't exist.

Sounds like you've heard too much subscription service marketing bullshit.

Last edited:

Esca

Yeah yeah we all know how owning is nowadays. There's all kinds of what it's for every choice. At least on the pc the communities for games will do what is needed from patching to bringing servers back up like has been done before.

Are you done scrapping the bottom of the barrel now and laughing at someone that does not share your views? Way too see the world.

Kev Kev

man fatshark is really delivering on these trailers and gameplay videos. heres 9 minutes straight, no one talking over it or anything. game looks very vermintide 2-esque and fun! cant wait for september

edit: so the music is STILL bugging out 🤦‍♂️ this has been a problem since the release of vermintide 2. how, fucking HOW has fatshark not figured that out yet. and why in gods name would they release a demo with the music glitching out for half of the video. i seriously cant cringe hard enough at this lol. unbelievable. the rest of the game looks amazing but for the love of all that is holy fix the fucking music you incompetent bastards. or hire a new audio guy or whatever the fuck bc jfc this is amateur hour shit... or turn the music off for the fucking demo lol there are so many solutions to this issue and you just willingly put your incompetency out their on display for everyone like youre proud of it, you absolute numb skulls

*deep breath* lol sorry rant over. other than the music, game looks amazing. and there definitely seems to be more of a focus on ranged weapons, with this particular character at least

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We got our first hands-on with Warhammer 40K: Darktide, the upcoming Warhammer-meets-Left-4-Dead first-person shooter/melee co-op multiplayer game that's coming to Xbox Series X|S as a console exclusive (along with PC) on September 13.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I got to play a few hours of Warhammer Darktide. As someone who didn't click with Vermintide, Darktide and I came together like drops of water. This is ticking so many boxes for me and I suspect we're in for a damn good time come September.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Take a look at some exclusive brand-new Warhammer 40,000: Darktide gameplay as we talk to developers Fatshark about how they focussed on making a game for everyone to enjoy, regardless of their knowledge of the world of Warhammer 40K.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Earlier this year, we learned that Warhammer 40k: Darktide offers Left 4 Dead-style storytelling with over 75,000 lines of dialogue already written. Developed by Swedish outfit Fatshark – of War of the Roses, and Warhammer: Vermintide fame – Darktide is a gorgeous, gritty, and often grueling first-person action game that tasks four players with investigating a suspected Chaos infiltration on the planet Atoma Prime in the Hive City of Tertium. We had the chance to play it at Gamescom 2022 and Joe Donnelly and Mahin Kesore spill all!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Warhammer 40,000: Darktide closed beta is showing off new classes including Psyker, Ogryn, and Sharpshooter. In this gameplay clip we're showcasing an early run with the Psyker Class who are magic-users specializing in crowd control.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Ok so I tried the beta and first impressions are yes, it is GLORIOUS! The feeling is really good. Fatshark has done a great job and served well The Emperor.
Oh and Jesper Kid killed it again... I mean when this soundtrack kicks in you know that troubles are coming and the game is turning into a bloodbath:

But it is a really demanding game for sure.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Darktide Psyker Gameplay is on the agenda today, as we check out the Force Sword, Force Staff, and Stub Revolver, as well as Psyker's Skill Tree, abilities, and overview the class and new weapons for the first time. Boss fight is at the end! The Warhammer 40k Darktide Beta is here!

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Ok so I tried the beta and first impressions are yes, it is GLORIOUS! The feeling is really good. Fatshark has done a great job and served well The Emperor.
Oh and Jesper Kid killed it again... I mean when this soundtrack kicks in you know that troubles are coming and the game is turning into a bloodbath:

But it is a really demanding game for sure.

Thanks for this I was looking for the 2 horde tracks and this one in particular, now I just need one of the horde tracks.

Top Bottom