• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the Community Forum There Is Only War

Thanks for the replies on the Necron stuff.

I was aware of controversy over changes to them but I have a better understanding now I've had a little bit of a read through. Why did they chuck the Pariahs though? I remember one of them did the Necron dialogue in the Dark Crusade game.

I'm quite tempted to get into it now since I enjoyed putting the kits together way back when. How does GW actually do the release stuff? Like, presumably I should wait until they release the new edition's Codex for Necrons... will they have any new units?

Also imagine I know none of the rules, where's a good place to start for videos if I want to get in with the new edition?

EDIT

Whaaa, did they really team up with the Blood Angels once? The hell

cntr

Banned
Probably GW thought the whole "human/necron hybrid" thing was too silly, and the Necron are supposed to be soulless in general and Pariahs are kind of weird in that context.

Sanguinius and Roboute look fine

but what the hell did they do to the Lion,

he has blonde hair but they gave him a black beard?, plus they made him super fat

tumblr_osm1w7fcet1vjjcaco1_1280.jpg

I do hope after the Horus Heresy series is over, Black Library tackles the Unification Wars or the Nova Terra Interregnum or even the Age of Apostasy

I took a break on Horus Hersey after book 3 and jumped back to Ultramarines books...and stopped after the prologue of book 3. Uriel getting exiled for breaking away from the codex is just too ridiculous for me, even knowing how crazy the Ultramarines are about their codex. Well...no. I take that back. I DON'T know how crazy they are about their codex. Or rather I didn't, until now. Talk about a bunch of nuts. And then for Uriel to be cool with what happened to him. I'll probably pick it back up tonight.

Thank you!

Nazo

I took a break on Horus Hersey after book 3 and jumped back to Ultramarines books...and stopped after the prologue of book 3. Uriel getting exiled for breaking away from the codex is just too ridiculous for me, even knowing how crazy the Ultramarines are about their codex. Well...no. I take that back. I DON'T know how crazy they are about their codex. Or rather I didn't, until now. Talk about a bunch of nuts. And then for Uriel to be cool with what happened to him. I'll probably pick it back up tonight.

Thank you!

No problem! I've been meaning to do this myself soon with my space marines but I keep forgetting.

What i never understood about Alpharius and Omegron

are they essentially two bodies that possess one soul, or are they pretty much 2 separate primarchs, but they are virtually identical

because Roboute is said to have killed one of them during the Great Scouring, so does that mean the other one is dead as well?

What i never understood about Alpharius and Omegron

are they essentially two bodies that possess one soul, or are they pretty much 2 separate primarchs, but they are virtually identical

because Roboute is said to have killed one of them during the Great Scouring, so does that mean the other one is dead as well?
Dorn killed Alpharius when the Alpha Legion attack the Pluto station.

dorn_vs_alpharius_by_kokoda39-daojqrm.jpg

your right Shadow, here is the artwork for Dorn fighting Alpharius

but wasn't Alpharius have said to not have looked much different than his legionaries, its possible that this was a "stand in" knowing how crafty Alpharius can be

dorn_vs_alpharius_by_kokoda39-daojqrm.jpg

but wasn't Alpharius have said to not have looked much different than his legionaries, its possible that this was a "stand in" knowing how crafty Alpharius can be
They pretty much stated that it was Alpharius that was killed. There was a backlash when the book came out about it.

Geist-

Primarchs have a magic Primarch sense that confirms if someone is a Primarch or not. I forgot which book it's from though.

Mikeside

I've been painting up my Blood Angels and I have to say, I wish tanks were based too. They'd look so much more a part of the army if they were and there'd be some great opportunities for weird, amazing shit to be going on around our vehicles.

I've been painting up my Blood Angels and I have to say, I wish tanks were based too. They'd look so much more a part of the army if they were and there'd be some great opportunities for weird, amazing shit to be going on around our vehicles.
I agree, I base mine anyway :)

Tacitus_

What's stopping you? I got a basing and a scenery kit and I've been using them to plop some detail down on my vehicle bases.

Tacitus_

I was going to say that the ones that came with them but then my brain caught up >_>
I didn't even remember that I had a vehicle without a base since I've been making mostly walkers. The 170mm Knight bases would fit a Rhino sized vehicle with plenty of room to spare. The 120mm walker base barely fits my Rhino, but you could at least have some terrain on it.

Leunam

That looks really cool. I wonder if there will be opportunities to form a retinue. It would be a really appropriate way to add offensive and defensive buffs to your character.

Trying not to be grumpy that this person I bought my Imperial Knight from on Ebay said he shipped it Tuesday. USPS kept saying they were waiting for the item and had it "pre-shipping" status. After 2 days with no status update, I messaged him and asked if he gave right tracking number. Suddenly, an hour later USPS said they got my package for shipping finally, then he messaged me saying "That is weird! I don't know why it took them so long to update, but I see it updated now. I definitely sent it 2 days ago." Yeah....no, you didn't.

Did you guys check this trailer out yet

looks interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=9BlahcrV4Mc
Wow. Looks awesome. I meant to cough up money and give it a go a few months ago, then a few bills came in and I held off. Looks like a lot has changed in a short time, in a good way.

One more thing! Anyone have any idea how to find Forge World stuff in Battlescribe? This program confuses me when finding things as a newbie.

Nazo

Just pre-ordered my first Forge World model. I couldn't say no to that Gabriel Angelos model. Anything Important to know about resin models?

White Dwarf leaks!

For release on the 12th of August:
Primaris Intercessors (multi-part set of 10 with 3 types of bolt rifle etc)
Primaris Hellblasters (multi-part set of 10 with 3 types of plasma etc)
Grey Knights Grand Master Voldus

Releasing on the 19th of August:
Primaris Interceptors (multi-part set of 5)

Also, both Codex: Grey Knights and Codex: Chaos Space Marines (plus datacards for each) are due for release on the 12th of August:
https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2277

Leunam

I gotta imagine most Primarchs wouldn't be too happy with the state their chapters are in. Ferrus Manus especially, but well, he ain't coming back. :/

Top Bottom