• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40000: Rogue Trader Released this week.

This game came out this week and there isn't even a thread about it.

Has BG3 completed sucked the oxygen out of the air for turnbased combat CRPGs?
For me this is the case since I'm still not done with my BG3 first play through (around 180 hrs into it)
But I'm hoping this game doesn't fall through the cracks as I really enjoyed their Pathfinder games and would not like to see them go out of business.

it's pretty dope, really enjoying it so far (not a big warhammer guy fyi). Playing mostly on the Portal and just a perfect fit.

Reactions: Isa
The Pathfinder games, 2 in particular, were pretty fantastic. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, but I'm just an hour or two past the prologue in the first system. I can have a six person party again, Praise the Emperor!

Lack of coverage on this board is borderline heretical.

T4keD0wN

Well, i hope they dont have 11 amazing companions (screw Greybor) like they did in Wrath of the Righteous because it was impossible to pick between those and i felt bad for leaving them in Drezen.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Game is awesome so far, I think it does a really good job of capturing that 40k vibe and combat is delicious. Gonna really dive in and no life it this weekend.

Wrath of the Righteous was fuckin awesome so glad to see them fire out another banger!

I hear you, op. I was at least expecting a review thread here.

From what I'm hearing, the game is really good but it is very dialogue heavy.

splattered

My son got super into Warhammer 40k this year with his friends... Got a job and has spent half his money on miniatures and paint. Holy crap that hobby is expensive.

• Fire

Isa

Doing My Part GIF by MOODMAN

Have it but haven't started it yet sadly. Other priorities and games with friends. Seems great though.

Labadal

I will get it at one point, but there are two reasons why I am waiting.

1. Owlcat 1.0 releases equal Early Access.
2. I need to finish Path of the Righteous.

Skifi28

Never even heard of it before, but there are so many Warhammer games these days their names blend together in my head and it's really hard to keep track. If it's a crpg, I have to check it out.

warhammer is overrated tbh.
Slap Heresy GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

I know this kind of sucks to say, but for me, as much as I want a WH40K CRPG.... I just have so many games on my plate right now, and I know the very nature of it being a CRPG means a lot of bugs. I can wait and finish BG3, Alien: Dark Descent and then hopefully Desperados III, and by the time I get those games done, this will almost assuredly be in a better state and cheaper.

Last edited:
It looks great and I love 40k, but I keep burning out on big RPGs. I need to see more vids of the combat. BG3 combat killed it for me.

Top Bottom